To have a mailbox system

• Something like a mailbox system could be made through a plug-in.

"Something like" because currently the plug-in API does not allow to enter a long, fluent text. The messaging system in itself (sending, retrieving, notifying, displaying, etc.) is not a problem; entering a longish text, wrapping over several lines, right now, is problematic.

Would a "tweeting system" be enough? A system where a message can only be a 1-line tweet-sized (144 characters) text.

• I had thought Yahgiggle put out a mail system. I myself would think a "tweeting" system would be good enough for this. In Rust we had one that would let you Send mail to other players. I t was great for an admin because he could send a longer message then chat to another person even though they were not on the server.

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

• When NPCs come around I was hoping we could set up a mail system that they would do these runs for you until things become digital. Having some Canada Post/American Post, or whatever nation post you live in that we would hvae transport lines to carry stuff around by horse back, trains, trucks, and etc. Have to wait on NPCs though.

Also, there's a mail plugin, yet it's not in my style so I'm ignoring it. You can check it out if you want.
    [Plug-in] UPS, send items to any player

Yeah, I can't wait till we get to NPCs where we can have fun with setting up pathways from one settlement to the next. Setting down flag markers so they would know what's what.

-------------
    Edit:

Oh, you mean actual letters/mail in more text form....Well, a mailbox item with a 'tweet' type thing would indeed be interesting. When you said mailbox I thought more physical things like parcels that Fed-ex takes. My bad.

Either way, shall be an interesting thing to deal with on both a text/postcard and object sending manner.

• Oh, you mean actual letters/mail in more text form....Well, a mailbox item with a 'tweet' type thing would indeed be interesting.

Well, I assumed the OP meant a messaging system of some type to exchange persistent messages between players, which remain "there" and can be accessed asynchronously even if the recipient is not on-line at sending time. As I said, this is possible now, with a potential limitation on the length of the message (and without attachments, I believe).

About the UPS plug-in, I am sorry it is not your style. However, it is already here and can be used to exchange between players "physical" items from one's inventory, without relying on any in-game infrastructure (bad or good this might be). But I thought the OP intended something different.

• Yeah, your typical MMO mailbox thing to read messages is what I would love to see in Rising World. Both in written (scrolls, postcards, and the like), while also having digital email to read through when we get to that state. I guess you can make a 'Twitter' plugin, as mentioned, yet how short would the messages be? If you must, I guess having 10 cotton fibres could equal paper of some sort. Raw or refined, up to you.

Sorry, I guess I have to look into your UPS thing in more detail yet I'm quite a picky person when I desire survival only. As vanilla as it gets if it contributes to survival in any way. I'm weird that way as I feel the need that there needs to be some challenge to things and a purpose to do them.

It feels awkward I didn't read the posts full meanings/context that it's now in a weird area. Again, I guess I'll just wait to see where NPCs shall take this mailing idea, or whichever.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!