Few 0.8.2 Problems

• Alright, I guess I'll list the issues here from 0.8.2 I find here.....Finding quite a few that I now have to make a thread.

[Multiplayer issues]

1) - Canteens refuse to fully refill. (need to test this further, yet they wouldn't when I played last night).

2) - Hemp plant doesn't grow as hemp. It turns into cotton that it it frustrated me that I now have to go back into bear & boar country to harvest more later tonight running the risk of it turning into cotton again.

3) - I guess I'll treat this as a confirmation that the dungeons exposed on the surface have been fixed, yet that made me sad as I lost it. This one is ignorable, yet treating it as worthwhile knowledge. Need to find time to check if dungeons are still present in the world.

4) Map Marker sensitivity. To me, I feel there needs to be a dragging of the icons onto the map instead of placing it. Some kind of confirmation because you can easily screw up, struggling to delete the markers also. Struggling to select them to delete. You first have to name them to then go back and delete them. Too fiddly. The markers need a drag & drop function to them, yet keep the icons, colours, and text portion.

......... I may list more when I find them.

• Struggling to select them to delete. You first have to name them to then go back and delete them. Too fiddly.

No, you can leftclick on them and then press "delete". But sometimes you have to click directly in the middle of the sign or maybe try it different times, but you don't need to name them to delete them.

• 1) - Canteens refuse to fully refill. (need to test this further, yet they wouldn't when I played last night).

Wasn't able to reproduce this issue yet, I will have a closer look at this issue ;)

2) - Hemp plant doesn't grow as hemp. It turns into cotton that it it frustrated me that I now have to go back into bear & boar country to harvest more later tonight running the risk of it turning into cotton again.

Huh? This is strange =O According to the game definitions hemp should provide a hemp sapling... I will have to check it out ingame :huh:

4) Map Marker sensitivity. To me, I feel there needs to be a dragging of the icons onto the map instead of placing it. Some kind of confirmation because you can easily screw up, struggling to delete the markers also

I have to admit that the marker placement is counter-intuitive... will be reworked in the future :) Btw., you can delete a marker my moving your cursor to the marker and pressing the DEL key on your keyboard, as mentioned by @Deirdre

• No, you can leftclick on them and then press "delete". But sometimes you have to click directly in the middle of the sign or maybe try it different times, but you don't need to name them to delete them.

As mentioned in my posting I'm aware of how to do such, yet it's a tedious process. It becomes more of an issue when you have a broken mouse (from all the stone digging in both Minecraft & Rising World) that one click tends to double-click that dragging labelings and confirming such would be safer. Yes, I need to get a mouse, and yes, thanks for the tip.

Yeah, it would just be safer to have something you could drag while dragging the map as you do already.

• Alright, from the little bit I could play tonight I can now post that

1) Canteen bug: It was just a stubborn beginning. Not sure what it was, yet shall play it off as a proximity thing. I tried replicating it at empty & 5%...used ponds and such, yet it filled every time now. Not sure what that was about.

2) I'm now growing hemp again (16) after having gained a lot from a nearby swampy pine forest. It's a mix of pine & lake that it comes off as swampy to me. Needs more of these biomes. Also, view below image as proof. It should be: Hemp, corn, Sugar beet. We'll see what the result shall be in the morning. My farm seems to have a habit of growing things prior there that it may need to be looked at in archived data logging in chunks, or however it works. It might be referencing back to something in cache.

3) Maps has a labeling issues that anything you placed on it simply stays. You can't click on an old icon to 'Del' it. Do note the blue two houses to the left, the :!: at the top where the red dot is marking ore, and some odd ones in places. (view below image).

Also, RIP Surface dungeon. I just didn't have time to check if it was back there or not as I now feel I'm being trolled somehow. Game probably trolling me.

• Seems like this game has some sort of caching problem, or something. I'm now relieved my hemp grew as hemp that it feels like it bugs out once, then it somehow straightens itself out after having bugged itself. It's something like it has something bad in its system that it then causes one thing to bug out, then it's fine from then on after having 'puked' it out, or something. ?(

My hemp is hemp, and I'm happy. That's another thing checked off the list.

I'll reconfirm the map thing later tonight.

• 3) Maps has a labeling issues that anything you placed on it simply stays. You can't click on an old icon to 'Del' it. Do note the blue two houses to the left, the at the top where the red dot is marking ore, and some odd ones in places. (view below image).

So the label still stays active if you move your mouse over the label and press your DEL key? =O

Game probably trolling me.

I did not enable the "troll-mode" purposely :saint:

• So the label still stays active if you move your mouse over the label and press your DEL key?

I managed to get it to select and delete now, yet it needs some sort of prompt to notify you that you have selected it, and such. Managed to delete all the stray markers. More keep popping up because my mouse is broken.

I did not enable the "troll-mode" purposely

Hilarious :D Your game is just that much of a beast, eh? Well, at least the errors are sorting themselves out gradually. Bugs itself out once then it just sorts itself out somehow.

------

As awkwardly odd as that was, I guess everything somehow (mysteriously) sorted itself out. I'm baffled by that, yet thankful it self-mended itself. With my sunday being free I can finally expand northward to see what sort of adventure I get myself into, and if I can get into desert country with pyramids.

• Was it because I placed a large crate and crafting station there?

Apparently these issues occurs when the particular dungeon chunk has been modified (i.e. remove or place an object, blocks etc)... tells me the world converter doesn't work properly for dungeons. I'm sorry for this hassle :( In this case, I'd recommend to fix it by using F10 (and eventually also with the block placement/removal tool [F6 -> 2 -> select area -> hit DEL on your keyboard to remove])...

• Well, I got irritated that I simply grabbed a stick of dynamite to hope that something could be done to rescue the underground portion. I disliked looking at the void that I wanted to do something about it finally..... I was able to form a sandstone bubble that my pyramid dungeon exists again that I'm glad it's not some void. I'm glad the dynamite woke up the nearby sandstone so I could poke it open to allow me to rebuild what was once there with 98% accuracy (minus the stone chest).

I'll be more cautious with the dungeons in the future. But damn, these latest updates really messed with them that they come and go with the wind.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!