Spawn points - differentiate shelter, tent and bed

• Hello, I don't find any major thread on this so I go.

I make some explorations in my world and have some ideas/requests/suggestions.

- basic shelter : I have slept outdoors many times in my IRL life and I can say it is difficult to take back your basic shelter with you on the morning. For me, basic shelter wouldn't be pickable (destructible but no return in inventory). It would give more love to the tent, wich cost lot more (even more since textile works now).
    - Tent : I didn't notice all the alternative textures and the bag when it's in your inventory ! so cool :) No change for this.
    - Bed : you need it for setting your home point (differenciate spawn point and a home point ??).

Perharps we could have an option (when interacting, like with the tent) to choose if spawnpoint need to be updated. When sleeping in a shelter in nowhere, we loose our safe home, It can be problematic :P

• One thing that could be added that would be awesome would be that when you remove your tent/shelter (temporary shelter) the compass point would once again point to your bed (permanent shelter) this is one thing that has always bugged me. I know that the compass isn't as crucial with the addition of the map, but this change would still be awesome. :D

"If all the world was apple pie, And all the sea were ink. And all the trees were bread and cheese, What would we have to drink?" ?(

• Red51 finally made note of after many posts of mine to finally separate the marker from the bed & tent so you can actually navigate properly around the world. We now have maps, but having a proper marker on the compass for when we don't have maps is a good way to go about it.

The whole frustration of sleeping at a bed in your home would be overwritten by sleeping at a tent many miles away that it would negate the whole compass marker spawn thing. It just didn't work.

A tent gets its own marking, as well as a bed as its own current marking.....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!