Crashing On Dev Splash Screen When Loading

• Hey so I just stumbled across this game on stream and checked it out. It looked good and has a lot of promise so I bought it. Tried loading it up to which it promptly crashed. I tried multiple times including directly to bypass steam with no luck. I can tell you I'm running Java JRE 32 and 64 bit as well as the JDK 64 bit. I believe they're all on 1.7 Update 55 I think is it. Due to being into both Minecraft and code I'm fairly well all over my Java installs. After doing some reading on the forums I found an error log. From what I can tell, I'm having something graphical go on but not sure what. I have an nvidia geforce 555m card as well as intel HD graphics family built-in chipset. At the time of running I have a 2nd monitor plugged in. Here's the log I mentioned:

Thanks,
    Firedingo

• ok I did all that but I'm still having it crash. Here's the latest log but it says the same thing I think:

• I've tried setting steam to use the nvidia card in the hopes it might pass any apps called through it to the card and I've also tried bypassing stream and calling the game directly by going right click on the exe and selecting run with graphics processor --> High performance nvidia processor
    I have to do this for Minecraft since it pulls the intel chipset instead and that works fine for MC. Sadly for Rising World In Both Cases it still crashes.

EDIT: The only thing I can think of is that it looks like it mightn't be forcing the card to take over in the control panel maybe?
    A screenshot of my control panel:

• Yes, the 2nd option is right. When the game still crashes, can you please provide a new errorlog?
    Maybe you can also try to globally specify the NVIDIA graphics card as your primary adapter.

• At this stage Java 1.8 is too buggy for me so I'll be staying on Java 1.7. Last time I tried 1.8 everything broke.
    Also Why would the game require 1.8 or higher anyway???? 1.7 should be fine.

• With some fiddling around I managed to get the game to use the right card. Basically I have a 2nd monitor and when it's plugged in my nvidia card becomes focused on running it. By setting that screen as my primary and launching the game, the game is forced to be run by the nvidia card. So while it's not ideal, it at least gets me a partial solution. If anyone has a suggestion on how to force the game to use the nvidia card without using my monitor then I'm all ears but at least I've got a workaround for now.
    Also epic game. Looks good from the 2 hours I've played so far. :)

• Also Why would the game require 1.8 or higher anyway???? 1.7 should be fine.

The game only requires Java 1.7 :)

With some fiddling around I managed to get the game to use the right card. Basically I have a 2nd monitor and when it's plugged in my nvidia card becomes focused on running it. By setting that screen as my primary and launching the game, the game is forced to be run by the nvidia card. So while it's not ideal, it at least gets me a partial solution. If anyone has a suggestion on how to force the game to use the nvidia card without using my monitor then I'm all ears but at least I've got a workaround for now.
    Also epic game. Looks good from the 2 hours I've played so far.

Sounds good, glad to hear it works now! :) In very rare cases a dual monitor configuration may cause trouble, unfortunately nothing we can do about that currently :/

• Ok Just as a random thought I tried telling my computer as a global setting to always use the nvidia card in the nvidia control panel and it seems to force the game to use the right card so I don't have to use dual monitor to get it to run. My guess then is that setting it individually doesn't work in the control panel. I tested this with my 2nd monitor plugged in and unplugged and both times it worked.

It's not fabulous cause I think using the nvidia card for some things is overkill but it's a much better, much cleaner option than before. Hopefully this can help other people who might have a similar problem.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!