Item Stack Disappearing

• I see I'm not the only one having this issue so I'm going to make note that there's this bug that you tend to lose item stacks that you were to pick up. I've lost a stack of paper when trying to figure out how to split it, yet it just outright disappeared. It didn't appear invisible in any empty slots in either the crate or inventory. It just outright vanished. I'm thankful that a stack of paper is easy to make that it wasn't that much of a loss, yet it's something to track down and squash.

This happened when it was transitioning from the crate to my inventory. Maybe it fell on the floor when I logged out and back into my world......WHo knows if it's an MP issue, yet it seems to be a normal issue.

DJ.Rettich 6 hours ago
    Something weird happened to picking up stacks and dropping single items in place. I keep losing the stack Im holding

That person also had that issue, and is why I'm posting because it confirms my issue.

• Hmm... did this issue also occurred prior the update? I remember there was a similar issue before which was never really resolved, mainly since it wasn't reproducible and only occurred in rare cases 8|
    Can you explain what happened exactly? When did you lost the stack of paper? When moving it from a chest to your inventory (at the same time you tried to split it)?

• Well, I was trying to figure out how to divide a stack while playing with a stack in a giant crate I have at my 'Fox Tower' in the desert. Just reading what I noted on the Steam forums in the suggestions subforum of item stack division that I tried left clicking, right clicking, holding control, shift, and all that when my stack apparently was sent to my inventory (so I assume) where it then just outright vanished. I logged off my server & came in that it may have been on the floor, or it may have simply vanished. I have Harv as my witness, yet I think that's also gone. I'm sure I made note of it somewhere in the logs, yet too exhausted right now to do 'paperwork' type tasks.

I think it was before the final update, or something....Hard to tell now. It however seems to be a current rare issue because of that quote......I have to have it happen again then I can tell you if it's still around.

• Alright, going to post this with the weird inventory stack not being able to be diplicated. Nitrado seems to have hit a low point that me, Harv, & Daboiye just can't play on it. Nitrado hosting just being a pain that this error came out of it. The servers are suffering heavily (since Sunday), and even before that on Harv's end especially. Harv had these issues first, then more so now on my side that evreything just loads so painfully slowly. I tabbed out and got the error below.

• This does not appear to me to be a "server side" issue (Nitrado). Was this an error log entry on the server? From the hardware/OS info, this appears to be a client issue but maybe @red51 could tell better than I. I don't believe that client side updates come from the game hosting server, but rather from Steam.

• Yeah, that log I posted was spat out while Nitrado had slow Rising World hostings that they're really frustrating the hell out of me. Their servers crawled to a halt that I tabbed out, the game crashed, and spat that error out on me. I would also believe you if you said this was client side only because of me tabbing out, and Rising World hates it when I tab out. Rising World once cursed at me for not having my headphones plugged in because it had nowhere to output the sound that it crashed the log on me. I even understood what that log was saying about the sound.

I need a new reliable 'newbie friendly' hosting............

• Sorry for my late response! Actually it looks like the item stack (apparently blocks?) was broken, or more precisely, contained some invalid data (so the game was unable to render it) =O Maybe something got messed up internally, unfortunately it's difficult to say what happened exactly... do you play in fullscreen mode, or is the "undecorated" borderless mode active instead? If you're using the regular fullscreen mode, there is a chance that something got messed up by tabbing out of the game (although I never saw such an issue caused by alt tabbing)... have you been able to reproduce this issue?

• Sorry for my late response! Actually it looks like the item stack (apparently blocks?) was broken, or more precisely, contained some invalid data (so the game was unable to render it) =O Maybe something got messed up internally, unfortunately it's difficult to say what happened exactly... do you play in fullscreen mode, or is the "undecorated" borderless mode active instead? If you're using the regular fullscreen mode, there is a chance that something got messed up by tabbing out of the game (although I never saw such an issue caused by alt tabbing)... have you been able to reproduce this issue?

No worries, you're a busy guy doing various things.

Thankfully it hasn't happened ever since then that I'm speculating it may have occurred when my mouse double clicked so fast that it registered as quad'clicks (4 times) on two clicks. I've gained a new mouse since then so I can't replicate the issue with that faulty mouse. It may be that, or some combination of what you mentioned. I haven't seen anybody else have that issue that it seems to be a low priority fix. Nobody else made note of it that I guess it mended itself.

I play on fullscreen, and only on fullscreen. I do tab out a lot, yet the game tends to tantrum a lot when I do that (as mentioned in the above postings). When I stay tabbed out for too long it tends to crash on its own.

• Going to dump these two error logs of some sort during random crashes. From what I can recall it was when I was mining up copper that it just crashed at random.

Windows 10 (x64) 10.0 Java: 1.8.0_131 amd64 0.8.2.4_36 -H:4096 -D:3072 (Steam)AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor, M5A78L-M LX PLUS, 16366 MB (4242 MB Heap)NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 20170501000000.000000-000 22.21.13.8205__Error occurred during application-update (25)java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Then there's one today which occurred exactly when I alt-tabbed, yet being told it's to do with the 'raycasting', or something.

I find it hilarious how half of these errors are the result from me alt-tabbing, yet that first one above wasn't. It just happened when mining copper.

• Thanks for the error report. This is unfortunately an issue which is caused by internal API functions, which are used by some plugins. This issue will be fixed with the next update ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!