[Plugin] List all Players

• This is my first little Plugin. It displays all players that ever visited the Server. This is only working for Admins.

Commands to enter in the chat:

/lisplayersLists all players in alphabetic order
    /listplayers lastLists all players in order of their last login time
    /listplayers totalLists all players in order of their total online time

Special thanks go to Minotorious who helped me out with an essential part of source code.

• I hate to be the a-hole here but if you manage a server where several hundreds or even thousands of players have been on, then I don't see how this is practical. According to the source, the output goes straight to the chatwindow in what could be an extremely long string of space-separated player names. It seems more practical to run queries directly on the sql database and enter in your own parameters to list the result.

if you are running a sql lite db and have console access, the sqlite3 command lets you view and manage the database and run queries. If you are using mysql then you can even connect remotely using programs like Workbench that lets you view the tables and do basic sort, filter, edit, and delete tasks without having to type SQL commands: https://www.mysql.com/products/workbench/

Now if this could be outputted into a visual table on the screen in-game with search boxes above to perform some common filters (e.g. search by group name or by ban status) , then maybe it would be more useful. Perhaps Miwarre's rwgui plugin could be the basis for designing a nice little user interface.

• I hate to be the a-hole here but if you manage a server where several hundreds or even thousands of players have been on, then I don't see how this is practical.

Thank you for the feedback, but this is not the case for me. I manage a Server with far below one hundred visitors so far, so the plugin is suitable for me. Maybe there are more server admins like me who run a small server and might find this little tool helpful.

Fortunately nobody is compelled to use it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!