Primitive times

• i was thinking that maybe there should be primitive blocks and weapons like a spears, clubs, stone knifes, mud bricks, clay bricks, those sugar cane/ bamboo blocks, and some like shredded leafs. I mean it could be for API but it'll be cool for an update. :thumbsup:

• I wonder if Adobe would find its way into the game in a more brick-like manner. Plaster, clay, and & etc of even getting some roasted to then become bricks. There's a 'loam' category, yet that category needs to also expand vastly in the blockbench to even include clay, and etc. It's popping up a lot in games now inspiring from Minecraft that it's now also found in 'Colony Survival' hmm.

The next update that we're all waiting for should allow for such. We may end up getting spears, clubs, stone knives,..... I can't say for sure on bricks, clay bricks, sugar canes, bamboo, and such. Even Shredded leaf is a mystery to me. If a player can hold it in his or her hand then it may end up with in the next update.

What I do know is that there was mention of stones & sticks to allow you to start off Medieval era as a primitive caveman with a stone axe, and such. You would start off your survival experience with a primitive stone axe to then gradually work your way up into metal workings, into late Medieval era, and whatever 'Modern Era' shall be.

Rising World shall be an interesting game, and why we're all here. It's why I'm here because of the potential, and what's on the road map.

• Your "On The List" thread I still take a peek at on occasion to look at those leaked models that are coming down the pipeline. I imagine many of them are in their final state by now and I wonder what they look like. In addition to primitive tools like the wooden rake and the stone axe, I believe we're also going to have "primitive crafting stations" or more specifically crafting sets that are time-period specific. We currently have a mismatched combination of iron-age and modern crafting tables. Some alternative furnaces might eventually be a thing. I'm personally hoping for a tiny furnace to get us started. I'm thinking of something like the 7D2D furnace which is just a column of stones with a hole in the middle. It looks like its good enough to make one ingot at a time (slow, yes. but that's part of starting out with only sticks and stones to work with). That could be a stepping stone to the small furnace (which looks like it should require iron to craft it).

What do you mean by "shredded leaf"? Are you thinking of using leaves as clothing (genitalia covering ^^) or perhaps as a fiber source (fiber used for binding). I think there might be a fiber usage (kinda like in ARK). Incidentally, it would be nice if we could collect thatch as we chop a tree down (that can go towards eventually making a thatch hut).

• I think I know what those primitive crafting stations are, yet now forgotten because of how much time has passed. I did note how sticks & stones shall play in primitive weaponry & tools, yet there's a whole untapped side to Rising World that we have yet to discover. Just try and imagine Rising World, yet themed in Medieval Era only, and then modern era only. Just imagine that feeling, vibe, and aura around that. Even with how many stages Medieval era has, and then modern itself. That in itself is impressive.

Just playing Medieval Engineers allowed me to see a "what if" of Rising World turning sticks & stones into tools, and such.

I would LOVE to have a small campfire type furnace laying about. More stuff that I've seen in both Medieval Engineers + Wurm: Unlimited would be absolutely awesome, and why I love Rising World. It be a nice unified game for all that. The make-shift furnaces, the campfire we currently have with those 'spits', and such.

Going off what Chil said imagine if we turned thaching into planks type objects, but more 'fluffy' to place on roofing, Thaching and adobe, or even hardened dirt bricks and such. That wiki link I shared above...... Rising World, you're awesome in how detail you could be, and how you may be. Everything on paper is impressive.

Also, I can't wait for when we gain our horses twice over (or many times over) through map refreshes when updates force us to do so.

• Yeah, It's been a bit of time that has passed but I'm pretty sure Red mentioned something about tiers of crafting stations. I just remember it was somewhere around the time that primitive stone tools came up in discussion. In addition to a stone axe and a fire, we might have other simple stone-age tools which I'm hoping will include a tiny furnace and mortar and pestle), iron age (most of what we have right now), modern age (tier 2 and maybe an electronics station and a fabricator).

Just to clarify, I know absolutely nothing about a mortar and pestle. I cannot recall any official mentioning of such a tool. I really hope that one does come because that would be key to making herbal teas and gunpowder (since we need to break down the charcoal into a powder).

• Fishing & food spoilage shall be a thing so it shall be interesting to see temperature & food spoiling "probably" happening after this next update. Both in Medieval & Modern era. Red51 mentioning tackling stuff, and I swear I 'heard' (saw) him make mention of fishing being a thing in either the 2nd or third chunk of that. I hope it's fun, and not tedious. The fun part of Rising World is that we could set up hard shell fish farms, something Minecraft modding tried doing in some parts.

Mortar and pestle shall be fun. I hope that 'adobe' shall be added in with more detailing.

I hope we also gain lobster traps which trap lobsters & crabs at random. They would just have a chance at spawning them, just as long as they're registered in an 'ocean' biome.

--------------

My tips for fishing (to Red51): If you have to stare at the fishing rod floating bobber then you're doing it wrong. It strains the eyes, and it becomes quite tedious & chorelike that I'd much rather set up an NPC to handle fishing for me. I want to go fishing, and Minecraft made their version all that much more fun by seeing the trail of bubbles heading your way. You're given a heads up. Allow us to focus on something else in regards to fishing, not strain out eyes on the bobber. Just chill, relax, and wait for the fish to pop into your inventory, or something.

Curious to see how you'll handle this. How 'casual' you'll make it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!