Question for dev

• Unfortunately we can't give an ETA yet. Currently we are doing some changes to the game and bugfixes, after that, we start working on more animals and monsters. It won't take too long until ores are in the game, but don't expect them in the next few weeks ;)

• Just bought the game a few days ago and I was wondering when the ores come out in the game will you then need to mine/smelt ore to make iron sheets and rods instead of being resource free in survival mode?

On a side note this game looks great so far and has lots of potential may eventually even move above space engineers and fortress craft in my list of best sandbox games.

• ... when the ores come out in the game will you then need to mine/smelt ore to make iron sheets and rods instead of being resource free in survival mode?

Yes.
    Once ores come into the game, crafting will become much more important, and we'll be lucky if anything is "free" anymore (enjoy it while you can!). I'm also sure pickaxes, axes, etc. will wear out with use and have to be replaced also.

In some ways RW will be like MC... but it's also gonna be it's own game and do things it's own way (ie better). For instance, we already know building and electricity are totally different. Who's to say torches or candles won't eventually burn out? That spears, swords, knifes, etc. dull with use and have to be sharpened on a grinder (that has to be crafted, of course)?
    We don't know- but it's sure gonna be interesting to hang around and see what happens, isn't it?!?

• Speaking of deterioration. I have mentioned that pipe joints wear out, motors get old and maybe need new parts. But about electrical wiring and simple circuits wearing out, and if you don't do some fixing there can be possible fire. Might make you think twice about using electricity for everything and laying wire everywhere hehe Of course a fire could only start if the wire was "live" (being used..).

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• That sounds pretty fun actually. I hope they make it so you have to research/learn how to make more advanced objects (like craft X amount of torch to learn to make lantern, or if they introduce clothes/armour make x cowhide gloves to learn to make deer skin gloves)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!