An Idea for Ores.

• Nice pics dude! Great example of how we could make wood supports. But it wouldn't really be necessary since we won't have that kind of physics in the game... no collapsing.. sigh....

Love the big metal door and the metal crank wheels, and how some of it is flooded with old nasty water.

And yeah, a form of underground dungeon could be old mine shafts like this with their own monsters (undead miners!). Could find old tools to use there and stuff like that. At least these could be partially collapsed and we could have to dig it out to continue following it to see where it leads.

Great stuff!

Now we just gotta get everyone else into these ideas! haha

More interesting mine images:

Collapsed mine

Mine cart example

Mine shaft 1

Mine shaft 2

Old entrance

Old entrance 2

Old entrance 3

Collapsed entrance

Some are for our inspiration of what would could build, some are for the devs... ;)

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• And yeah, a form of underground dungeon could be old mine shafts like this with their own monsters (undead miners!). Could find old tools to use there and stuff like that. At least these could be partially collapsed and we could have to dig it out to continue following it to see where it leads.

:thumbsup:

And yeah, a form of underground dungeon could be old mine shafts like this with their own monsters (undead miners!). Could find old tools to use there and stuff like that. At least these could be partially collapsed and we could have to dig it out to continue following it to see where it leads.

Now we just gotta get everyone else into these ideas! haha

No. Just red. Muhaha

Collapsed entrance

Some are for our inspiration of what would could build, some are for the devs...

Nice, this one could be such an entrance for an old shaft that is already in the world when you start it. And we would have to dig out this entrance

No. Just red. Muhaha

lol

this one could be such an entrance for an old shaft that is already in the world when you start it. And we would have to dig out this entrance

Exactly!

Hey red, if you won't do my ancient civilization idea for dungeons and underground structures.. at least do these mine shafts along with cave which are inhabited by orcs... ;) For the mine shafts, either undead miners, or living goblin miners.. or both! Mine shafts could be a way to provide precious gems or something like that. (would still like my ancient civilization idea along with this though haha please? see, I asked nice!)

• Technically Iron does not crystallize in an oxygen environment. The closest thing to crystals would be seams of Iron stone (the wealth of sweden is thanks to Ironstone). Its not nearly pure as iron oxide rust or iron ore but its more common in European latitudes. Another source of surface iron are meteoritic iron, the sword excalibur was made from this. Its called star stone historically. Often these iron meteorites can be pure steel.
    The two other iron forms are bog iron, found where ground water springs brings iron to the surface from iron ore deep below. Then there's iron ore itself which is rare on the surface it wet climates but are found on the surface in deserts and cold mountains. I suspect realism is not the goal of the game designers, more realistic that mincraft but not hard realism.

• Yeah I don't think we can expect total realism haha.. Would be great to have meteor craters on the surface which could have this meteoritic iron. They should be pretty rare though.

Regarding the crystallized iron.. Yeah it doesn't make sense lol. That is part of why I thought of finding ancient ruins underground from different civilizations which could contain different metals to use, technologies to find and of course monsters that moved in (so they would also be a dungeon/lair).

• I love that idea of a dungeon!

• Yeah it would be great! I can already see goblins working in there, or undead miners with their headlamps on.. mining away for no reason at all.. hehe Maybe the miners (undead or goblin) are slaves for some master (boss monster). ;) Hey @red51. Check this out.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!