Bough game, it fails on my PC - need refund.

• Hello!

I would like to get a refund for my bough game. I also used steam to buy it. Where can i get the right source to initiate my refund?

• RW is tough to get going.
    You have to install normal Java, then both Java 32 and 64 bit versions. (Windows).
    Finally, in order for it to run "right", I had to go to my graphics control panel and make sure RW ran with my dedicated graphics card and not with my Intel HD internal graphics.

So how does it "fail"?

EDIT: New update (1-1-15) fixed java issues!! No more jumping through hoops!

• I just want a refund. Why none of the admins response to the thread? I repeat: I just want a refund!

You want a refund rather than have the problem solved? Sounds very much like you have no issues running the game, but more like you don't like the game.
    If the problem was that you couldn't start the game, you would be asking for a way to fix it. You're not. You just want a refund.

Get your own Rising World server today!

• Valve is retarded, i know. They would never do such a thing, since none care about rights :)

Thats why i´m talking to the dev-team of this game, or at least tryint to talk lol

EDIT: I also dont understand why random members trying to help me, its not like i dont know nothing about my pc. I know what i do and i know when the game doesnt work properly on my pc + i want a refund, its not a rocketscience to understand my situation.

I´m also living in germany, here you have sth like rights.

• You can't get refunded. End of story.

Oh you know when the game doesn't work? Then explain why it doesn't, and also state your computer's specs.

And you probably do know that Valve is not a German company, right? They're not under German law.

• I´m also living in germany, here you have sth like rights.

Basically, yes. But I think you actually bought it from Valve, an US - company. So, unless the devs are very friendly and give you your money back for free (because Valve will surely not delete your game since they would then need a refund from the devs, too), you won' t get anything.

• can't you re-sell your copy of the game?

Not possible when it has been added to the inventory.

Bhikku, can you try linking to your Steam profile? If the game isn't working, you surely can't have played it. I think we'd all like to see that your game time is at 0 minutes.

• someone really sceptical here xD

Yes, very :) OP bought the game less than 23 hours ago, and already 6 hours later he's asking for a refund without even trying to get any help. Strange, isn't it?

• Nice find :)
    Game is alpha - he should expect crashes. When that's said, it took him less than 6 hours to ask for a refund after buying the game. It would be weird if he asked for a refund and then kept playing the game, so we have to assume that the 4.4 hours is played between the time where he bought the game and when he asked for the refund, meaning he played a game that just kept crashing for almost 4.4 hours straight, right after buying it. Does this sound weird to you guys? Because it does to me. If a game keeps crashing for me, I stop playing it.

Also, the crashing has nothing to do with him wanting a refund. As I said in my first post, he just don't like the game:

cause i just thought it would be more survival gameplay as just crafting crafting, for me this game has no kind of "soul".

Had he just said from the beginning of this thread that he didn't like the game, I would've respected that much more than him trying to get a refund by telling lies about the game being totally unplayable and not working on his PC. If he's able to play for 4.4 hours out of a total of less than 6 hours, the game is not unplayable.

• Are you kidding me?

I opened 2 threads, one here and one @steam. Thats right, but where is the problem about it? Even if i have fucking played it 1000 hours, it would doesnt matter the fact, that this game is broken. And yes, i can try it 4 hours, 6 hours, 20 hours, wont change the fact that this game stil lhave a LOT of errors and crashes, you call it alpha, i call it money making. But even this is not important. I just want a refund o.O

*deleted line*

Even if i buy this game from an us company like steam/valve whatever, as long they offer it at the german market, the german rights start working.

And still none of the devs react. I will write to steam and get my refund for sure.

BTW: here for devs/members who still dont know a shiat about their own law:
    http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=16821

Edited 2 times, last by red51: Please don't trade insults ().

• Heck, I haven't played 4.4 hours yet! (Patiently waiting for more content).
    I've got 16 paid-for games in my Steam library that either won't run, or will- but I don't want to play them. I know better than to ask for a refund.

(Your little tirade will get you a refund every time. Sure it will.)

• "German rights" does not contain a refund in any way. You can only get a refund if you can fully return the article you got, but this is simply not possible with a download (it's the same as when you buy a music cd: You can't get your money back once you've opened and used it). The files of the game are still on your computer, even if your account is "locked".
    Have a look at our terms of use and eula, both are available in German.

We cannot give refunds for Steam versions ourselves by the way, we have no influence on that.

You should rather tell us the errors, then we can help you about it.

Please watch your language for your further posts.

• Even if i buy this game from an us company like steam/valve whatever, as long they offer it at the german market, the german rights start working.

As someone who has been a CEO of a company for 2 years, this is completely bullshit. No one would do business then.

Thats right, but where is the problem about it?

The problem is that you say the game is unplayable. Given that you have played a total of 4.4 hours when you owned the game for less than 6 hours (and taken into account that you obviously also had problems getting it to work in the first round), the game seems to be fully playable. On Steam the problem is not that the game is crashing - you just say you don't like the game. On these forums you say the game is unplayable - that's two completely different things. You even say on Steam you don't mind the game crashing.

Even if i have fucking played it 1000 hours, it would doesnt matter the fact, that this game is broken.

Broken? It's alpha. The game hasn't even been on Steam for a month. If you don't like broken games, you shouldn't throw stuff at things that aren't finished.

And still none of the devs react.

No, they just released an update yesterday, and there's more important things than getting back to people who are ignorant and refuse to understand how things work.

I will write to steam and get my refund for sure.

Oh, so you don't read what we post? You can't get refunded: https://support.steampowered.c…le.php?ref=5999-WCVM-3883 - Valve doesn't make an exception for you. They never make exceptions. They're a huge company - they have other things to do than give a flying damn about you not liking the game.

This tryhards boy please grow up.

I'm the one who should grow up? You refuse to understand anything we tell you.

Sincerely,
    Sherlock Holmes
    Scottish Detective

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!