How do u add Group Names in chat

• This is done under permissions

you can make groups in the groups folder that"s inside the permissions folder
    there is one demo group file included

lets say i make a Admin group the contents of the file would look something like this

group: (Admin)
    groupcolor: 0xFF0000
    chatcolor: 0xFF0000
    chatnamecolor: 0xFF0000
    chatprefix: (Admin)
    chatsuffix: (Admin)
    chatprefixcolor: 0xFF0000
    chatsuffixcolor: 0xFF0000
    shownametag: true
    nametagcolor: 0xFF0000
    nametagprefix: (Admin)
    nametagprefixcolor: 0xFF0000
    nametagsuffixcolor: 0xFF0000
    showadmintag: false

commands:
    deny:
    allow:
    - yell
    - settime
    - spawnnpc
    - teleportplayer
    - kick
    - ban
    - setweather
    - queryplayerinformation
    - saveall
    world:
    allow:

general:
    fly: true
    pvp: true
    pve: true
    debuglight: true
    customimages:
    enabled: true
    maxupload: 10000
    dimension: 2400
    blueprints:
    use: true
    create: true
    creative:
    deny:
    allow:
    - terraintools
    items:
    crafting:
    allow:

For the chat edits you need to change the below setting to what ever you need

chatprefix: (Admin)
    chatsuffix: (Admin)

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Now can i do that for every group i make. like it in chat to say group 1 owner 2 admin 3 semi creative can i make it so what group i put them in that way it say before there name

you can make as meany groups as you please

each group can be slightly driffent like for an Admin group the chatprefix: = (Admin) for say a Newbie group you make the chatprefix: = (Newbie)

Each group will need its own group file an Admin Group filename would be Admin and the group file name for Newbie would also be Newbie

To add a player to your group you type (setplayergroup twowildandcrazy Admin) or (setplayergroup twowildandcrazy Newbie)

i have added my group setup it has about 8 groups pre done, you can take a look at them or use them for your own server, its upto you

note it wont be before there name its after but still in the chat

it looks like this

Yahgiggle (Admin): hi guys welcome to my server

Files

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • yeah i got 6 groups set up like that but it still comes up admin in chat when i change all that the color worked though
    chatprefix: (Admin) i put owner
    chatsuffix: (Admin) i put owner

that how i got mine set up

1.62 KiB admin.permissionsSep 18, 2017, 12:13:35 AM
    1.62 KiB adminrpg.permissionsSep 4, 2017, 5:01:31 AM
    1.63 KiB builder.permissionsOct 1, 2017, 11:51:04 PM
    1.63 KiB explorer.permissionsNov 14, 2017, 12:31:56 AM
    1.63 KiB owner.permissionsNov 21, 2017, 12:43:24 AM
    383 Bytes tourist.permissionsOct 1, 2017, 11:52:39 PM

Create new file Upload file

• if you change anything to do with groups you need to restart the server.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • yea i made all 3 Owner and i did put my self in the owner group cause the color gone from white for admin to red for owner 2 is there a color chart some were ?

group: Owner
    groupcolor: 0xff0000
    chatcolor: 0xff0000
    chatnamecolor: 0xff0000
    chatprefix:
    chatsuffix: [Owner]
    chatprefixcolor: 0xff0000
    chatsuffixcolor: 0xff0000
    nametagcolor: 0xff0000
    nametagprefix: [Owner]
    nametagsuffix: [Owner]
    nametagprefixcolor: 0xff0000
    nametagsuffixcolor: 0xff0000
    showownertag: false

• yea i made all 3 Owner and i did put my self in the owner group cause the color gone from white for admin to red for owner

group: (Owner)
    groupcolor: 0xFFd700
    chatcolor: 0xFFd700
    chatnamecolor: 0xFFd700
    chatprefix: (Owner)
    chatsuffix: (Owner)
    chatprefixcolor: 0xFFd700
    chatsuffixcolor: 0xFFd700
    nametagcolor: 0xFFd700
    nametagprefix: (Owner)
    nametagprefixcolor: 0xFFd700
    nametagsuffixcolor: 0xFFd700
    showadmintag: false

It should look something like this ^^^, also if your an admin you will need to log off and back on for the settings to change, the other thing is its Case sensitive so you should always just use a cap like Owner not owner, and When adding them also use a cap or it wont work

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • better use this website for hex colour codes: http://www.color-hex.com/color/000000

I cannot make out the characters on the screenshot above :D

• ahh ok thanks for all the help and what about a color chart ?

NP the colors are Hex

Examples in Hex:

• White = 0xffffff
    • Black = 0x000000
    • A "perfect" Blue = 0x0000ff
    • A "prefect" Red = 0xff0000
    • A "middle" Gray = 0x7a7a7a
    • Aqua = 0x00ffff
    • Gold = 0xffd700
    • Indigo = 0x4b0082

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • now it really got me lost i set it to group Owner it say it not found so i put it in owner it put me in the group but i log out and back in and it puts me back in the admin group and yea i did restart the server

because your a admin your always in the server setup as an admin, when the group does not load or has a problem it will look at the next setting the main group your from and thats a server admin, so there is a problem with your group file somethings not letting it work

i would copy my whole permissions folder over yours and then before changing anything, test it by restarting your sever and adding your self to one of the pre made groups

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • ok all give that a try a little later a lot people just got on

and u hear any thing about the update coming out

No nothing Red51 has been too busy to even talk to me lately, so at a guess hes most likely gone or going bald by now from all the stress lol

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!