prima server

• After 2 days of not playing the prima server is back, and I thought great I can go and add the upper storey to my house but it let me in, nobody was on the server and I no longer started in the set location but somewhere totally different I saw no bases and spent about 60 odd minutes hoping to find my base., I think when the prima server was updated all buildings were wiped. To me this has now become a joke no Mp server seems to be stable and pointless playing on them you waste your time building only to find when you leave and I mean just quit you no longer come in at your base or the so called join point but anywhere else with no way of finding your base, I know I was told about f3 to log you co ords but I really don't want to keep starting over and over because the servers have not been optimized Maybe they should just have the one option start a game and a button to allow multi player. I do not feel I am getting proper play time and I do know its alpha I have a few games that are in alpha mode, This is a really great game but I feel its a case of trying to run before you can walk. I will now stop playing until they sort out these major problems. I for one would like to see a save like you get in solo player its all too mish mash at the moment shame as it was looking to become a good game but now im not so sure, anyone else had the same problem as me ? Thanks guys

• After 2 days of not playing the prima server is back, and I thought great I can go and add the upper storey to my house but it let me in, nobody was on the server and I no longer started in the set location but somewhere totally different I saw no bases and spent about 60 odd minutes hoping to find my base., I think when the prima server was updated all buildings were wiped. To me this has now become a joke no Mp server seems to be stable and pointless playing on them you waste your time building only to find when you leave and I mean just quit you no longer come in at your base or the so called join point but anywhere else with no way of finding your base, I know I was told about f3 to log you co ords but I really don't want to keep starting over and over because the servers have not been optimized Maybe they should just have the one option start a game and a button to allow multi player. I do not feel I am getting proper play time and I do know its alpha I have a few games that are in alpha mode, This is a really great game but I feel its a case of trying to run before you can walk. I will now stop playing until they sort out these major problems. I for one would like to see a save like you get in solo player its all too mish mash at the moment shame as it was looking to become a good game but now im not so sure, anyone else had the same problem as me ? Thanks guys

maybe join a stable server like deadlands for example.i have over 48 hrs gameplay on it.just because that server wiped or whatever doesn't mean all servers behave this way....as far as running before walking...we the customers pushed a little for multiplayer and jiw is obliging also while making content,fixing bugs etc.

• I no longer started in the set location but somewhere totally different I saw no bases and spent about 60 odd minutes hoping to find my base., I think when the prima server was updated all buildings were wiped

Either the owner of the server did something wrong (accidentally deleted the worlds-folder, changed the properties etc.) or he deleted the world on purpose (to have a fresh start for example). Note that this has nothing to do with the game, no update since Steam release has ever forced an admin to delete their world (that will not happen so quickly).

Maybe they should just have the one option start a game and a button to allow multi player

That is already possible. When you start a singleplayer game, it automatically serves as a multiplayer game as well. Just let your friends either connect to your internet IP (in this case you need to forward your ports of course), or use a program like Hamachi or Tunngle ;)

I will now stop playing until they sort out these major problems

Nothing we can do about it when an admin decides to delete the world. As mentioned, maybe it was an accident, only the serverowner knows what he did ;)

• I do understand what you are saying, are there any plans in the future having a default server run by the game makers,There are a few servers so far, and I do think in most cases the server owner does reboot from scratch to totally up date their server and I do understand that, I think there should be proper information for each server what they allow and don't saves you getting kicked out for no reason, myself all I want to do is get on and play. Thanks to all for your information its much appreciated :)

• I'm sorry to hear about your stuff being wiped. As Turbo mentioned, there are other servers for multiplayer. 518Mafia and Deadlands are US based and seem to have a steady growing population.

• Hi Ivansky , I checked out a few and cannot get deadland to come up I have seen it come up once, It would be nice to know who runs the servers, I have only seen a few German servers Yes it is a pain I really got into that one and spent ages mineing stone and was about to put a 3rd level on my house lol it took ages getting the ground level then it gets wiped. Would have been nice if they mentioned it would be wiped on updates etc there were loads of really good bases all gone!! This just seems like on 7dtd every damn update you had to start again from scratch, don't get me wrong I do understand being alpha etc, That's why I stopped playing 7dtd
    and bought this game but as its too early access and a few servers are poor and the fact you get griefers on some I mean my 2nd base I started I ended up with some idiot keep putting kitten pics all over the walls inside and out and followed by being killed by same person while I was sorting out blocks, and this time I never knew about the clipping mode etc so when I died I basically walked to try and get back, but never got back as they wiped the server, I did however keep a note of the person and if he appears again trying to ruin my game ill be ready for him. im not letting 1 person ruin my game I love this game But in general people playing have been very good like this forum you get great help

• Hi Ivansky , I checked out a few and cannot get deadland to come up I have seen it come up once, It would be nice to know who runs the servers, I have only seen a few German servers Yes it is a pain I really got into that one and spent ages mineing stone and was about to put a 3rd level on my house lol it took ages getting the ground level then it gets wiped. Would have been nice if they mentioned it would be wiped on updates etc there were loads of really good bases all gone!! This just seems like on 7dtd every damn update you had to start again from scratch, don't get me wrong I do understand being alpha etc, That's why I stopped playing 7dtd
    and bought this game but as its too early access and a few servers are poor and the fact you get griefers on some I mean my 2nd base I started I ended up with some idiot keep putting kitten pics all over the walls inside and out and followed by being killed by same person while I was sorting out blocks, and this time I never knew about the clipping mode etc so when I died I basically walked to try and get back, but never got back as they wiped the server, I did however keep a note of the person and if he appears again trying to ruin my game ill be ready for him. im not letting 1 person ruin my game I love this game But in general people playing have been very good like this forum you get great help

any decent server owner should not ever need to wipe a server,and if he feels the need to do so,,,,,,,,,,,,,ah nvm theres no reason to do that.i'd be pretty pissed if i had built so much as you,to have it all just get erased. @Absalom owns the deadlands server.i don't know who owns 518mafia.but as of now,they are the only two i'll play on....i do beleive jiw games is making an "official" server,but i could be wrong.

The Deadlands server is near the bottom of the list now. It's running. I try and keep that up as much as I can. Sometimes the world falls apart, and sometimes the restart fails. I am writing a server manager for Rising World now so that it will have all of that stuff automated, crash detection, restarts, etc.

• any decent server owner should not ever need to wipe a server,and if he feels the need to do so,,,,,,,,,,,,,ah nvm theres no reason to do that.i'd be pretty pissed if i had built so much as you,to have it all just get erased. @Absalom owns the deadlands server.i don't know who owns 518mafia.but as of now,they are the only two i'll play on....i do beleive jiw games is making an "official" server,but i could be wrong.

There are only two reasons I have ever done a wipe in any game. 1) The update required it (Rust wipes on almost every major update, every couple of weeks). 2) Because data has become so corrupt that there is no choice (this is where regular backups come in).

Also keep in mind, some hosters use hosting services, and they don't have very good backup facilities. Some even have rules that say you are not to download large downloads, which precludes downloading a backup via FTP. Silly I know, but they are cheap for a reason.

I have my own VPS where I host multiple games. I don't backup rust at all because chances are the world save is incompatible with the next update. I backup 7DTD every hour. I back this server up about once per day, though my backup has been turned off for a couple of days due to other issues. It's back on now.

• Once all of these early release games make it to beta, all of these issues should be minimal. I can't wait for that day, but this one is pretty early, so it may be a while before everything is sorted out. It's one of the frustrations with alpha games, alpha has always been the least stable stage of development because it is pretty much nearly the beginning.

I usually never get angry because I have a BS in game software development, and I know the dev phases. I was never fond of early alpha releases because it can hurt the dev team reputation, and it's not their fault; it's just the development process. What DOES make me mad is when developers like Facepunch (Rust) sloppily pop things in and out of the release without doing any form of regression testing (making sure new stuff doesn't break old working stuff). Facepunch is the sloppiest development team I have ever seen.

• yes they certainly have poked and prodded that game to almost death.im actually preferring rw because I feel like I'm a part of the growth,now in a few other alphas I play,I definately do not feel that way.

• We restarted the server, if it's the LUA one.

We had problems connecting to the server when we uploaded the AreaProtection script to the server, so we did a little troubleshooting. When starting the server with a new world, we could connect. We still have the old map if anyone can point us in the direction of the problem.

Some people complained about griefing - their homes were destroyed every time they logged on to the server (mine included).

Most of the time we know what we're doing, but after troubleshooting this problem for about two days, I gave up and tried the easy solution. AreaProtect is definately needed since griefing really took away the fun of playing this game. Even though we're hosting servers for Rising World, I still like to play the game, but not when my house gets destroyed :P

I haven't read all the posts - sorry. It's late, and I just wanted to give an answer to why the world is restarted - it will be reverted to the old one if anyone can help me fix the problem, or I can setup a new server with the old map. :)

Edit:
    Sorry if I've ruined the game experience for you - that was not my intention. I don't play Rising World that much (been pretty busy working on updating some stuff for Minecraft and getting everything regarding Rising World working in TCAdmin and translating our entire website from English to Danish.
    The Rising World servers that are running as 'Prima Servers' and 'Prima Servers - LUA' were essentially just created for testing, but of course I didn't want to wipe the world. :) I'm just taking a game of CSGO, and I'll look into the problem again.

Also, this has nothing to do with a bug or the game/server being unstable or anything. The devs has nothing to do with this :) It was my choice. Just wanted to make that clear. :)

• In the old map, when it crashed and what not, were there exceptions in the console output? I have held off on implementing the new areaProtection because I am busy with a server manager which will make it easy for someone to pick up and launch without much knowledge.

• In the old map, when it crashed and what not, were there exceptions in the console output? I have held off on implementing the new areaProtection because I am busy with a server manager which will make it easy for someone to pick up and launch without much knowledge.

If your post is directed towards me, then the server doesn't crash. No one is able to connect to the server even though it's running :)

Get your own Rising World server today!

• Right, but what does the console output say? The console window really isn't big enough for the output so I have to redirect mine (because I don't know of another log available). I use " > log.txt 2>&1" on the tail end of the other arguments in the batch file that launches the server. This redirects all messages and errors to the log.txt file. Then I look for exceptions in the log, or other error messages.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!