Make glass more visible when building

• Because it is very hard to see, especially, when the buillding system makes it even more transparent when you place it. So maybe you could make it blink in a some color, so we can see it better?
    Also, I think that the glass is even in the inventory very hard to see. Especially the bent one.

• It would also be great, if you could attach glass to these skewed blocks,too, so that I can build a 45° roof or somehting with glass. I know that I could do that manually, but the glass is so hard to see, in my opinion.
    Or implemement an easier way to build a roof for a green house :P

• So you want the roof to be frameless? Just a large sheet of glass?
    Or are you intending to use window frame also?

Yeah, I want to build one without frames, it doesn't matter if it's a large piece of glass or many. Can I build with frames and then remove the frames around the glass?

• I rarely use glass without window frames. My green house uses a block frame and then a window frame skeleton. I put the glass in last, using the snap to frame feature.
    This is when I discovered you could put more than one pane in a frame.

Tips:

• Window frames can be removed without removing the glass in it, but two frames with snapped glass will leave a gap between panes.
    • Glass can be placed like all Construction materials in modular snapping mode, which will align new panes to the side of the existing you are pointing to.
      • So once you place one you can snap more orthogonally until you have filled your opening.
    • Glass panes can be expanded to 4 blocks tall and 4 blocks wide, just like window frames.
  • Perhaps the developers could add a slight color outline to the windows until they are placed by the player. It could be red if the window does not fit in its current location and green if it is in a suitable place. I agree that it can sometimes be difficult to see where the windows are.

• Making the glass more opaque when placing, then when placed be transparent would be a huge help! I have to get right up to my monitor when placing glass because it can be incredibly hard to see.

• Perhaps the developers could add a slight color outline to the windows until they are placed by the player. It could be red if the window does not fit in its current location and green if it is in a suitable place. I agree that it can sometimes be difficult to see where the windows are.

Perhaps similar to the Red outline you get when using the AreaProtect script? Wonder if that would be simple to implement?

Epic Insomniacs Rising World!

Come have some fun @ 62.213.195.243:4255 or find us in the server list:
    [420] Epic Insomniacs Rising World Server

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!