Area Protection Plug-in 1.0.7 released! (2018-08-06)
The Java Area Protection plug-in is 'officially' released and available. Download link at the end
- Compatible with the old Area Protection 3 LUA script: existing areas are kept as it can read the old data base directly.
- 30 different permissions can be turned on / off independently.
- Each area can have its own general permissions with any combination of those 30 permissions.
- Each area can also assign specific permissions to each server group (overriding the area general permissions).
- Each player can have his own specific permissions for each area (overriding the group permissions and the area general permissions).
- Old LUA script Groups can be reused (once renamed), either with no modification or edited as preferred, as presets, i.e. sets of player (or group) permissions ready to use "with one click" but configurable if needed.
- Selected non-admin players can be appointed by admins as "area managers", with full authority on area management.
- Fully GUI operated.
- A setting in the config file allows to choose whether to use the position of the event or the position of the player to determine whether an event can be permitted or not; the former is more precise, avoids any "reach-in effect", it is the default but it is slower, the latter induces a "reach-in effect" but it is (much?) faster.
- Also runs in Single Player mode.
- Makes several methods available to other plug-ins to query permissions and more (refer to the javadoc in the source).
You want to try it?
Adventurous server owners can download it, install it in their servers and try it. Please remember that it is new code: it has been tested by generous server owners, but it may have bugs and may crash!
In any case, please read the manual: it is in the ZIP file and it can also be downloaded separately below; it is only 8 pages with a lot of images! Please read it!
And this is the manual: AreaProtection_Manual_jpg.pdf please read it!
If you try it and meet problems, please report the issue in this thread with enough information to reproduce it: if I cannot reproduce it, I cannot fix it!
Thanks to anybody who already helped and anybody who will help polishing this plug-in!
The source code for this plug-in is available on my github plug-in repository .
P.S.: Did I say please read the manual?
- [new] Added a search box to area lists and to player lists: by entering at least 2 characters and pressing the Search icon, the list is shortened to the entries contains that sequence of characters
- [new] Better explosion control (please read the relevant manual paragraph; feedback welcome)
- [new] With blueprint events ("Create Blueprint" and "Place Blueprint") spanning several areas, to determine if the blueprint can be created/plced, the permissions of the areas are ANDed again
- [fix] various bug fixes, including a nasty bug with permission ORing
1.0.6: not distributed
- [new] Added area extent editing while creating an area and after creation; all the 6 boundaries can be edited
- [new] When within multiple areas, total permissions are united (OR) rather than intersected (AND)
- [new] Added chat shortcuts for each main menu item (see manual for details)
- [new] Admin privilege ON/OFF status shown in area status text of admins/managers
- [new] Compensated for an oddity in event notification order from the plug-in API (see here for details)
- [fix] Fixed exception on editing area manager list
- [fix] Fixed exception on some combinations of list selection and scrolling
- When a player is added to / removed from an area and he is within it, his permissions are updated immediately, without requiring any longer he exits and re-enter the area
- Changed the collation used in SQL queries to be compatible with both SQLite and MySQL (technically: it now uses "ORDER BY LOWER(`Name`)" instead of the previous "ORDER BY `Name` COLLATE NOCASE)
- It is now configurable whether the plug-in uses the event position or the player position to check for relevant permissions: the former is more precise, avoids any "reach-in effect" (and it is the default) but it is slower, the latter is less precise and introduces a "reach-in effect" but is much faster
1.0.3: not distributed
- fine tuned what the "Admin no Priv" flag turns off
- "Go to area" now lists all areas rather than owned areas only
- Adding/removing a player to/from an area is now immediately active, rather than after plug-in reload
- Areas a flying player is in at spawning are now detected immediately (by-passing a RW bug)
- Corrected a few bugs in group management
1.0.1: Fixed bug in new area addition
1.0.0: Initial release