Water going through blocks

• Just a suggestion, but I believe water shouldn’t go through blocks, especially glass and planks.

I wanted to make a pool that you could see through, but couldn’t prevent the water from going through the glass panels!

This problem may be harder to fix for the developers more than I’d expect, but I was just putting it out there!

• Actually it isn´t going through blocks. Why? Because water itself behaves like a block. Like a wabbly, jelly block.

But i understand what you mean, i had the same trouble.

The solution is to understand that water is in many ways like a block or maybe more like a mix between a block and a voxel-like object. If you place it, it is always bound to the world grid. the same as blocks use. You can´t place a regular block outside the grid.

So for your pool i suggest you to place the water first to see its outer limits, then place the glass, planks, etc. That will do the trick.

Water is for now just a placeholder, not a real fluid. It´s not running anywhere.

When you are done, post a picture. I like the idea with the pool

Btw - if you use the size command for your glass pieces you can create a glass-beam. One which has the same visibility as glass but is as thick as you require it (i.e. size 1 1 1 = a glass block, same size as a regular block).

have fun!

• So for your pool i suggest you to place the water first to see its outer limits, then place the glass, planks, etc. That will do the trick.

Yep that's the best way to do it.

If "water shouldn’t go through blocks" was implemented that would stop you building anything in water like bridges or boats (pnb boats that is now that we have real boats). The great thing about RW imo is the ability to overlap blocks and objects `making them your own`. Like a `modded` fire or chair. A lot of other building games stop you from doing object collisions, resulting in a very restricted (and therefore dull) building environment.

• how do you use the size command exactly? Is there a video on this? If not, could you make one?

• Hab noch nie ein Video gemacht und hochgeladen. Ich weiss net mal wie das geht :p

ABer is ganz easy. Halte einfach einen Balken, Planke, etc. in der Hand (toolbelt) aktiv, öffne die Command-zeile mit ^ (Tilde-Taste unter ESC) und gib ein

size 1 1 1

das würde den gerade aktiven Balken/die Planke, etc. in einen block mit der Größe 1 x 1 x 1 verwandeln. So könnte man auch Planken zu Balken machen btw und genau so machst du auch Glasscheiben zu Blöcken / Planken.

das 1 1 1 kannst du natürlich zu anderen Werten verändern. Es gehen auch Komma-werte, z.B. 1 0.5 0.02

maximaler wert ist 15

Viel Spaß beim Experimentieren :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!