Game Crashes and locks up entire computer

We've posted a status update with some first screenshots of the new terrain generation. There is also a new update available for the Java version!

• Game Crashes and locks up entire computer

There used to be a problem where you would see a white line in the ground and if you crossed it the game would freeze. Now I can see a wide white area across my path when moving. When I see this the game is not loading as I move forward. Does not matter if I am flying or walking, the game cannot keep up with my progress. IF I get near the white line the game just locks up. When it comes back it will often jump back in time in the game.

I had a similar problem (where the game would not keep up with movement progress) before the update that the game would stall while swapping files to keep up but I changed the paging file from system managed to fixed and made it large enough so it would have a single contiguous file space. That made the game run much smoother prior to this latest update. Do I need to make it larger still?
  • Maybe have a look if there is a file called "hs_err_pid" or "errorlog" in your game directory (if you have the Steam version, you can get there by rightclicking on RW in Steam -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files). If there is such a file, please post it here ;)
    Alternatively you could maybe create a report file, to do that, open the ingame console and type "report", then a file called "report" shows up in the game directory. Please upload this file here, or send it via PM to me (or via email to support@jiw-games.net)
  • red51 wrote:

Maybe have a look if there is a file called "hs_err_pid" or "errorlog" in your game directory (if you have the Steam version, you can get there by rightclicking on RW in Steam -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files). If there is such a file, please post it here ;)
    Alternatively you could maybe create a report file, to do that, open the ingame console and type "report", then a file called "report" shows up in the game directory. Please upload this file here, or send it via PM to me (or via email to support@jiw-games.net)
    Thank Red. I will have my husband find the files for you and send them in a day or so when he has the time. Appreciate the how to very much.