Posts by SilverSatin

:thumbsup: WOhoooooooo !

finally some good use for all the pretty lighting effects of torches and stuff, it really goes to waste when people have L turned on by default all the time and having to put up a sign asking to please turn it off lol.

almost sounds like "please dont push the button" and people do the opposite :p

Maybe do a fresh reinstall of the game (delete it) after backing up your singleplayer world, then see if you get the sign-up registration form.

1. create a backup of the Worlds folder that is inside your steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\
    by copying that folder outside of that directory
    2. delete the game through steam ( right-click rising world on steam click on properties > (tab) local files -> delete local game content
    3. reinstall it
    4. copy your worlds folder back into the fresh installed steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\ directory
    5. start the game
    6.now fingers crossed

-if you get the registration form start doing the happy dance ( but reply that it worked )
    -if you don't get the registration form, come back here and yell HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

I just figured maybe the game never shows registration form again even after no antivirus and windows firewall because it thinks you've already done that.

I might suggest to turn off your router firewall if it has one, just to test it out without it enabled but i'm no expert just passing through trying to find a solution for ya.

Good luck :thumbsup:

A suggestion for you @Scrub_Lord_21 if you can, please change the title of your post into "resolution" or the subject OF your suggestion.
    you're already in the category "suggestion" cant have the topic be " suggestion" haha :rolleyes::D

It will also help people who want to suggest the same thing find this topic much easier and join in on the discussion

i dont know what translator you've used but what you are saying is not easy to understand.

-- Do you want to be able to count how many times a player logged into the server ?
    Then click here this is the website to use.

-- If you want to let people know something about your building in a world or want to leave a message then put up a sign. you can craft it in the Sawbench.

I'm not sure what you mean and that's maybe the reason why nobody has answered yet

How about if you die all your stuff just turns into a little chest at your grave.

You respawn at your home, no respawn at your grave cause whats the point of dying then ?
    the little chest at your grave would be like in real life if somebody dies their stuff stays where they died and anyone around can just take it on their own journey.

However if you're lucky to find your grave on time you get to take your stuff back :D

Seriously they've already blew it with raising the spawnrate of ores..... please no more simplifications :o
    there's hardly any challenges left in the game.

the added bonus of also making use of transportation carts & log trucks. It would even give purpose to having log carts for trains, when we also get those in the future. IF we do get them, that is.

Duuuude!!!! i freaken love the way you're thinking !! 8o

That would be cool but only after they fix the glitched and overpowered bears that go around like ninjas completely invisible killing players on the server without even being detected

Also it would be cool only after they added upgradable tools so players can dig faster without the need of creative mode.

Right now on our survival server we allow players to use creative mode as a workaround to those two specific issues. However we dont allow spawning-in items or terra forming etc... for obvious reasons ( survival server ).

Your idea for a 1-block creative mode is awesome but i might want to add to the suggestion that it should wait after survival gameplay has these important game features are taken care of OR of course allow server owners to toggle this as an option.

nice one this took a lot of work. At some point it seemed the progress was more or less halted but that's really not the case. Thanks!

There's always a lot going on behind the scenes. From our perspective the rocket is barely moving but from the perspective of the one sitting at the controls there's a whole bunch of stuff going on. 8o Just hope the pressure doesn't cause a burnout cause those are hard to recover from. Especially for programmers !

I should also mention this was after the last update.
    originally i thought she had a corrupt file during download or install but she did reinstall it multiple times, same result.

Unfortunately she removes the entire game so there's no error logs from before or immediately after the update.

Thanks in advance!

--- edit ------------

Holy snapcakes
    I have a similar problem except for the fact that the object doesn't disappear it just wobbles and when i stand still long enough it calms down and eventually stands still.

I'm talking about the moment after you've crafted an object e.g a wooden beam and you want to place it in the world. usually you get a semi-transparent preview of the object while you're choosing a location to place it down.

it's during this moment that the object wobbles out of control in your hand while you're moving your mouse.
    in my situation i need to stop moving my mouse in order to get the object to hold still.

-- edit --

In some cases the object does not stop wobbling but increases to the point that it's no longer in view assuming it's wobbling way out of sight into the distance.

---------------------

This issue happens when trying to place the object on any surface ( ground or blocks)
    with creative mode on or creative mode off
    Singleplayer and Multiplayer

it doesn't produce any error logs or error messages, also no crashing or drop in frame rate or anything like that.

That's pretty much how deep i can go into detail

I can almost hear Red, Lucien and Kinggenius ( pardon me if i forgot somebody) sweating and stressing out trying to get it ready lol. :D
    Wouldn't wanna be in their shoes right now. coding the heck outta the game squashing bugs they encounter with the new biomes while new bugs pop up after they've made a fix elsewhere.
    oooh man and it's the holidays so yeah... they have a life too :rolleyes:

This is gonna be an interesting week.
    No update, no problem i'm a cool laid back guy. however i wish i could say the same about others 8|

if there is an update then , uh oooh fingers crossed that it wasn't rushed out the door and destroys every servers world. :/

It's a steam early access game, alpha, beta, or anything else. Some such games have long pauses in development and continue, others cease development altogether. It's a gamble. I've had good results from most of the early access games I've bought, and some of the non steam alphas and betas I've signed up for over the past twenty five years . . . but it isn't a "duh" situation to say you are glad the game is still in development when you haven't heard any news about it for a while and casually check to forums to see how/if it is progressing.

which is why an epic " duuuuuuhh" seems like a nice fitting response :rolleyes: Forums got all kinds of clues and information about how very much " in development " the game still is. I don't see why my response wouldn't be correct.

---

high five to @LordFoobar ! awesome description of how it may seem real slow or even halted development to some. perspective is everything towards understanding!

Important notice to all

Apparently the script does not protect objects from being picked up by an unauthorized player.
    Players can pick up ( steal ) work benches within a protected area that they aren't included in.

Is it correct to assume that this scripts development has been abandoned ?
    Or is there still some hope for an updated version that is safe to use on a public server ?

@KingGenius