Posts by SilverSatin

Also timezone is a major factor right now with the little ( but growing) amount of players the game has.

Also the amount of servers online are more than the total number of actual daily players, basically it's causing a saturation in the number of players per server, spreading the amount even thinner.

I'd imagine if there were only 5 servers we'd see more players on one of these servers regardless of timezone.

Then there's also a slight language barrier for multiplayer that is keeping some players a bit more offline.
    Try translating in Russian, the game doesn't support their alphabetic characters so they log off.

Unless anybody here can point me to a translator that will translate Russian in western alphabet but still be accurate. ( Thanks in advance ) :thumbsup:

:)

I think you can, you are able to build your garage in nearly map size. :D
    But pls be kind to your new pets. :D

Well living in the city along with a bunch of awesome neighbors makes expanding the garage not much of an option. But i'd still like to surprise my next door neighbor with an elephant on my driveway lol a much people-friendly pet than his serial killer pet bear. ^_^

I'm wondering if i can fit an elephant in my garage :rolleyes: But silly me i almost forgot i'll have to dodge lions while kidnapping one of those big ones first!

Or perhaps i should start with a much smaller pet... those penguins look very "portable" :p

oooooh decisions, decisions, decisions 8o

I voted "No"
    (short)
    To clarify why is that i think it should be an option for the one who built the structure. allow/disallow.

(long)

Meanwhile i'm perfectly fine in a game focusing more on creating stuff like cities, raising up an economy, trading, working out infrastructure ideas...

no need for another blood-bath game. I'll play GTA V if I want that :p
    funny how this alpha game got me clocked at 825 hours , kerbal space program 620 hours but a conflict game like GTA V only 158 hours on my steam lol

I think i pretty much destroyed that theory about

There isn't a game made yet that will take anyone away from games like cod or gta.

same thing with minecraft loads of people clocking insane hours creating everything from redstone computers to massive cities while intentionally turning off all the "conflict" (read: "annoying") mobs

Flight simulators... train simulator... driving simulators... honestly a "craving" for violence is kind of an excessive statement lol

are u guys a bunch of women? ... There is entirely to much b**chin here for men ..... just a bunch of typical nagging women ..... to all u nagging females.

extremely sexist :thumbdown:

----------
    on topic
    ----------

So hey guys I hope you've seen the screenshots of the upcoming update.
    I mean seeing that should of calm some people down right ? absolutely amazing !
    For me personally I think it's definitely worth the wait!

Having a lot of patience is one of those things in life that comes with great rewards.
    After the biomes update it might be the water update ( i'm just speculating) heck i could wait for that another 6 months or an entire year I dont really care as long as it's on it's way and the quality is good.

I think to be involved in this game and the little dev team, you've got to be in it for the long-run.
    this isn't some triple A game that you play for a year and move on to something else.

this is Rising World... you're creating a digital world of your own or with others online.
    it takes time. Rome wasn't built in one day, and neither will this game.

So having patience is key to enjoyment with this game and the dev team should be given some more credit and most of all some understanding.

every looked at Blockscape? it is very much like rising world was a very promising game, but latest update was in july 2014, and it was only a bugfix :thumbdown: so much about slow progress... X/

OMG You're overreacting. blockscapes development progress is in no way the same as Rising world.

Every update here brings in new features ( besides the quick bug fixes "hotfixes" which usually come right after a big update ) blockscape had practically none of that and total silence from the developer.
    Here with rising world Red is here and quick with responding to any questions. Maybe you're new around here... But it should of been obvious that this is nothing like blockscape.

^^^^^ :thumbsup: ^^^^^
    I'm lovin' this community!

:thumbup: we got yo back Red! You keep working your magic and we school them haterzzz lol

disclaimer: I'm just laughing. ArcticuKitsu did apologize & Avenger X was just venting out some frustrations out of "not knowing" ( 'ignorance' seems like a negative word... ) how things work around game development so lets not be too harsh on them.
    After all we can't expect everybody to know everything right from the start..

-snip-

I never heard or read that Alpha-stage means "fast progress" :/
    Not from steam and not from the developers of this game either...
    not even in any software engineering field...

Perhaps you've misunderstood what it meant...
    "Alpha" only indicates a games condition, it doesn't indicate the speed of it's development.

But some advice:
    Usually when buying an early access game, I check the update history of the game I'm looking at.
    Just to get an idea of the pace in development.

That's what I and most of my steam friends do before purchasing an Early access game.. . even Steam mentions this as a thing to check before deciding to buy...
    (for reference: it's written on Steam "What is Early Access?" page at "What should I look for?" )

Maybe for starters just having a few more instruments to go along with the piano without the NPC music sheet stuff ?
    It would be interesting to have a band to practice/perform with on multiplayer lol :rolleyes: imagine that...

Just some simple instruments so we can have some awesome multiplayer sessions like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYuOZnAqQCY

All the NPC music sheet stuff would be a nice addition to have much later, since i imagine would take a bit more programming effort to get into the game VS just having more instruments (drums etc..) manual play like the piano that's already in-game.

disclaimer: just an opinion

Most likely September since there hasn't been a word about it so late in the month.
    But I'm just expressing an opinion though, for the sake of getting the conversation going :rolleyes:
    Just speculating...

Ich bin zufällig Server Owner und ich finde so was dennoch scheisse!

Bei uns soll jeder beim gleichen stand anfangen! Wir verurteilen nicht jemanden nur weil jemand anderes meint ihn hier auf eine Liste zu setzen! Woher soll man wissen ob die anschuldigungen stimmen?? Wer überwacht so was??

translated:
    I happen to be a Server Owner and I think this is shit !

We should all begin at the same stand ! We should not condemn someone just because someone else thinks to put somebody here on a list ! How do you know whether the accusations are justified ?? Who monitors so what ??

----

My answer: I dont think this is a list to make server owners put players on a ban list "just because". It's only a list to show who has been griefing on somebodies server.
    like a list to let people know to watch out for these players.

And as for the auto-ban idea, It's just an option that server owners can opt-in if they can trust the judgement of others that are included in it. Some servers might opt-in others might not. it's optional. Sort of like EuroPol :rolleyes:

lol ReckonedBuilder

I knew i'd recognize at least 1 griefer.

I like this thread! Servers collaborating on taking down rising world criminals :thumbsup:

Hopefully in the future Areaprotect would be part of the game.
    skipping the whole install process and making people aware of the need for such a feature when making their world accessible for multiplayer gameplay.

Cause just like in real life vandalism will happen anywhere where people know they wont get punished for their destructive actions.

Maybe even add a feature into area protect that hurts a players health 20% for every click when trying to destroy a protected block. just to make the message clear that destroying something they havent built is frowned upon. :D

The vision:

Welcome to Rising World
    A world that you can shape as you choose.
    Explore the deepest caves,
    the densest forests,
    the highest mountains or the most secret dungeons.

Design the tools that you need to master your challenges,
    invent increasingly advanced and powerful technologies.
    Found your own civilisation, team up with other players,
    trade with them or fight them.
    This is your world, this is Rising World!

---

What I understand from that is that the game would be a digital version of a world that you create the way you want it to be. -> even better via multiplayer where you found your own civilization together or against other players.

I guess the vision is that the developers want to give us as many useful tools as possible to make us achieve that ultimate goal. That goal of a digital world built out of player creativity.

It's just my guess anyway... Can't speak for the dev team but that's the vibe i'm getting.