Posts by Akeel

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

Deirdre, thanks again for the info. I made a few blueprints from wood and they all rotated but none of the blocks would
    rotate, even the ones that claim to be wooden blocks and wooden planks in the blockbench. Is this in the making to be fixed?
    Dankeschoen
    Akeel

After further testing I found that some objects do indeed allow me to rotate, seems the larger objects are giving me problems, like houses and
    buildings is there a .cfg file that may be out of whack? Hello red51 where are you my friend?
    Can someone help please?
    Sure would appreciate it!

Akeel

Up until a few days ago, I was able to rotate a blueprint generated object by using the right shift key and the right and
    left directional arrow keys. This no longer works for me. After locking the object, however, all controls except rotation,
    work as intended. Can anyone help to resolve this issue or shed some light on what I need to do to fix it?

Thanks

Akeel

Thanks for the info Deirdre and Dagoline, what I didn't know is that when I replace a texture that I already used, all buildings that used that texture are
    now changed to the replacement texture. It was funny, seeing my Hunters Cabin in a porcelain white instead of the original wooden look. I obviously
    replaced the wrong texture but since I backed up the original files, I was able to change it back without a problem. I am now trying to separate the unused
    textures with the ones that I already used to avoid the same problem, hence the question about cross referencing.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Glad my German is still good enough
    to be able to learn from both sides.

Akeel

Is there a cross-reference to which numbered DDS texture in E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\data\assets\textures refers to the actual item number in the game?
    Trying to replace some textures that I never use but not being very successful. I am using the Nvidia plug in with photoshop to convert some .jpg textures to DDS, looks to me like that's the only way to do it, replacing existing textures. I tried Texturepacks method, that was a disaster.
    Thanks for any clarification

Akeel

Hi red51
    This is all the file shows, what entries do I use for teleport permission and creative mode?

LAN full permission file:

commands:
    allow:
    deny:
    - shutdown
    general:
    fly: true
    pvp: true
    customimages:
    enabled: true
    maxupload: 10
    dimension: 512
    blueprints:
    use: true
    create: true
    creative:
    allow:

When trying to make a poster using a customized picture from my collection, the response is : PREPARING IMAGE..followed by the file name. It just stays there and
    nothing happens. I tried different formats like .png, .jpg, .tiff, all the same. Still the poster does not generate. It was still working great last night. I really enjoyed that feature.
    Has anything changed that I am not aware of?

Akeel

Quote: Paint: This tool "paints" the currently selected material onto the terrain. So no terrain will be added or removed, just the existing terrain will be replaced by the new material. Nice for turning large dirt areas into grass again, or vice versa. Also quite useful for creating paths of dirt or gravel.

Trying to turn large dirt area into grass again but the paint tool does not include grass in the pallet. So how do I do it?

Thanks

Akeel

hi
    I'm trying to layout an octagon on the ground, using wooden beams, but can't figure out how to do it. I know that the angle of each
    corner is 135 degrees but how do you place them that way?

Thanks for any help

Akeel

PS.: An octagon has 8 sides.

Images

• untitled.png

Thx Yahgiggle but I'm a new player (yes, noob!). Can you be a bit more explicit. How do I reload all lumber and do I need to destroy the lumber I
    already have?

Thx for any help
    Akeel

Hi
    There's probably a simple answer but I'm stuck. When I create Wood Planks or Wood Beams and then resize them, all additional planks and beams come out that same size
    but I want a batch of them at the original default size. Is there a setting I can use to default the size to the original?

Thanks for your help
    Akeel