Posts by Phillip

You just need a capital S in the [SpawnNPC bandit 3] then it will work

Any Chance of the instructions in English?

scrub that, ive got it working.... I have however found a bug. If a user accidently adds a character into the cost that isnt part of the numerical varible syntax... ie a string character, then the program will crash and also the server will crash too. Maybe an error catching routine is needed here.

Nice plugin..... Is it supposed to play just one song and repeat, or play every song in the music folder in a list? my jukebox just seems to be repeating.

Oh btw, theres an error message that keeps spamming the log file, but the server still runs ok despite this.

2018/02/17 07:48 PM JIW-Network
    WARNING: [TcpSessionHandler ChannelInactive] Unable to find ClientConnection for /90.105.204.65:25437
    [TcpSessionHandler] NEW Client Connection from:/178.159.37.11:50873 de.jiw.network.server.session.TcpSessionHandler@418b7363 PORT:4255
    [TcpSessionHandler ExceptionCaught] /178.159.37.11:50873

Im still getting "invalid Ip format (ANY):" but it dosent seem to be impeding the server from running properly. Steam was refusing to update the software which it sometimes does, which is a pain. But the other method of download using steamcmd gave me the next update which works fine....Thanks :) .

The update broke my server. I cant login in locally as I get authentication error and its no longer showing on the list, think its something to do with the invalid ip format (ANY): ?(

Invalid IP format (ANY):
    STEAM BIND TO 0 (), PORT 4255, 4259, -1

SteamID: 76561197960265728 (0)
    Steam Query Server bind to ANY (4255)
    Steam Servers Connected (-1832359965 -> 146.200.103.227)

Instead of running steamcmd then typing it into the steamcmd window, i tried selecting run and typed d:\steamcmd\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +app_update 339010 and it worked. ive no idea why the command ran from the run box and not the steamcmd console. Thanks for that, the server now works and is ready for the update. the only other problem I encountered is in order to run the server.exe you need MSVCP120.dll and MSVCR120.dll in the windows system32 and maybe the 64bit versions in the systemwow64 directory under windows. Just in-case anyone has the same issue :thumbup:

Im still not having any luck acquiring the steam dedicated server files, does anyone know where i can find it as a normal download link rather than a repository tool that dosent work?

Are you sure the steam dedicated server can be downloaded anonymously? im getting "failed to install app 33910 <no subscription>" I want to try and avoid installing steam on my server if possible as I want all the resources available for the server.

Today I have come to play RW and there is a problem of the game not connecting to hive. This is to do with my client. My server still connects as it should without any problems. My internet connection is reporting ok, firewall configured correctly as the server runs from the same internet connection and that is not reporting any errors. i have tried it on my laptop under steam as well and have the same issue, Ive tried resetting the router so it aquires a fresh WAN Ip address. I cant even connect to my own server on the same network using direct local IP address unless I turn off hive verification. The only option left to investigate is my actual account with JIW-Games.

Please can you let me know if my account is still valid, I would hope it is being as I paid full price for this game. I also cant think of any reason why my account would be suspended as I have never behaved in an antisocial or malicious way while playing on my own or others servers.

I do hope this issue can be resolved so I can carry on developing my server for the community.

Thanks.

I do apologize i think Ive found the problem, the memory leak was caused by a compatibility issue with the update and an older version of Java, Ive updated Java and it seems to be using less ram now. So anyone with a similar issue, try updating Java to the latest version.

Are you sure you used the latest serverfiles to update it and not the ones from before one of the recent bugfixes? There was indeed a memory leak somewhere between the bugfix updates but that has already been patched :/

Yes i got it from the server help section from the developers post, so It should be the latest files. Maybe my client didn't update properly on steam. I will wait until tomorrows update and see if its any better.