Posts by ZaCormyr

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

I would prefer if modding waited for a more complete game. Start modding now and planned features will start coming out as mods.. then they might never be actually added to the game as planned etc...

Please, by all means, focus on your priorities. And I'm sorry for my walls of text I can come up with at times haha. I love thinking of new ideas for games, and like to hash them out in my own mind and with others on forums. Feel free to inform me when/if my head is up my arse... :D

Maybe stick and moss = primitive torch. Ferns tend to be too moist. But maybe some ferns are medicinal.

I searched a bit for this but didn't see anything. Sorry if it's been mentioned already. I placed the most basic chair available next to a loom, sat down and suddenly can't use the loom. Get off the chair and the loom works fine. End report.

Figured I would put this here. I haven't fallen yet myself... But a tree I chopped went nuts and was glitching around in a little dance. I chopped it down, it seemed to settle normal, turned away and when I turned back a few seconds later the chopped end was sticking straight up with the top of the tree and all the leaves glitched through the dirt and into the void.

Like so.. just in case this hasn't been seen. Found nothing on it in my searches on the forum here.

That's a good question. Perhaps we add some simpler tools for the beginning (which can be build of resources you find). Not sure about that.

I could totally do stone tools made by hand with a stick, stone shaped by hand via smashing rocks together to get an edge, and some vines or bark used to tie it together. Just an axe, pick and maybe a small knife would be fine I think.

An option for total random biome location would be a must I agree.

Would be great to have things like mountain rain shadow and other location specific climates. Like a river running through savannah has almost jungle along it's banks.

I'm no coder, but I don't see how real world biome locations would be more cpu intensive then totally random biome locations. It might even take less time to generate since some info is already determined. But for all I know that could make it more difficult haha

Just commented on that persons opinion... opinion because well that is what it is. People seem to get their head stuck.. well you know.. and just can't seem to see the light! Also I see a lot of people complaining about falling through the world. Wish they would do some bug report instead of just whining....

Any negative "review" you guys find... just respond with the link to the planned features. Who wouldn't be excited by that list? Even if only half makes it into the game?

I've been thinking about the biomes for this game. I'm curious about how they will be placed in the world. Will there be enough biomes to say, have an equator and two cold polar regions (I don't mean just those three biomes, I mean the layout)? Like earth. Maybe for the game, biomes are random but in this set pattern? I personally would like this. I like the idea of what biome you're in telling you roughly where you are in the world. The compass becomes actually useful for navigation. If you need a specific biome, you can figure out what direction to head. Instead of just going in a straight line and hoping to come across the biome you need.

Anyways.. just a thought.

Metal boot spikes - helps you walk on ice...

Snowshoes - helps you walk on snow...

Mudshoes - solid rubber with wide bottom to disperse your weight so you don't sink into the mud

I'm sure there could be others..

...Such as boots that protect your feet from hot surfaces! Just saw what lies below the stone... nice work devs!

Bamboo yes. jungle biome. fencing and blow darts too!

Need bushes for berries! Poisonous or not. Bushes could be useful for cover also, if that was put in the game...

I think climbing ropes have been mentioned in some form.

Logs. I would love it if chopping logs was locational and then be able to use the log any way you like. Also if you could leave a taller stump, something to put lights on etc.. Chopping the branches would be great, even without chopping logs to size. Chopping branches should provide you with sticks / kindling etc.. plenty of crafting material to be had. Need some way to get sticks etc. without hacking down all the bushes in the world.

Considering you can chop down ferns etc.. I'm sure we will be able to chop bushes. Getting sticks from them would be a given I think. Kindling etc..

I believe they can be setup so they work both ways. The momentum of going down one side is enough to bring you up the other side. Just tried to google it but found no answers. You might be right though and it is only one way.

My thought was, people may do a bunch of surfacing mining on the mountains where stone etc.. is exposed, so will use those locations enough to justify some form of travel between them which is faster then running down the mountain and up the other side. Plus yeah.. it would be fun! Also, this type of travel might be safer once there are monsters lurking around. Mountains will either be a dangerous place or safer then the valleys. We shall see.

And yeah, ziplines could be upgraded or replaced with better techs.. To start you just use some vines and it doesn't go far, sometimes breaks... and ending with some type of motorized cable lift which you can sit in with your buddy, push a button to operate it.

This might be an interesting way to travel between two mountains where roads or rail don't work because of how steep the slope is.

Hammer one end into solid stone, then walk to the next point while holding the zipline and hammer the other end in. Maybe you gotta hold the rope in your hand while walking to second point, or start over if you switch to a weapon etc.. This will make it a bit risky to setup a zipline and take some effort.