Posts by MommaT

Oh wow! So with surface editing I could make oddly shaped bricks. As you suggest a trapezoid—and in theory I could build a real arch that should stand up to the physics. Well, that might be a fun experiment to try.

I love that we can color things now. I see that we can select a hex color for materials when we create the material (blocks). I also like the paint brush/roller tools. I wonder if in the future we could have a color selector for these tools in regular game play (not console) instead of the current right click through 5-6 colors? That would be awesome.

I also saw that when you paint a wall it paints all sides. Darn. But I can understand why that happens, and why it would be sort of impossible to do otherwise. I guess the solution would be to do double walls. (Like in real life!)

I saw something called "surface edit" in settings—I wonder what that is?

Having a blast discovering new things. :D

Hey Red! Thank you for adding the printkeybindings feature! I finally figured out how that works and I have my trusty printout on my desk. I also found an old extended keyboard that works with my laptop, so that will make some of these commands easier.

I am still struggling with the X Y Z resizing of building materials—though I hope to figure it out. I just have not been about to get things to scale reliably on ALL three axises.

The new trees and flowers look great. I am looking forward to building myself a flower garden in creative mode. I wonder if we will see seeds from the flowers in future?

If someone here in the forum wants to do a tutorial on scaling objects—that would be SWELL!

We can add a "printkeybindings" command with the next update, which will create a text file containing all current key bindings :)

About the Mac keyboard, well, probably the page up / down keys are the only missing keys which are really important (if the keyboard has at least arrow keys). So it should be sufficient to just remap these two keys (e.g. bind them to * and #, for example) ^^

Or is there another important key that's missing?

Thanks for the offer to add the print command. That would be great! I have remapped the building keys.

But for the life of me I cannot figure out how to make a beam. Every which way I try I can't seem to reliably get the thing to be long and skinny. I've rotated the object it several ways and then try to get the X side to change length but it only changes the Y and Z sides no matter which way it is rotated. I was able to do it once, but every time is an adventure.

What else would be helpful is: when you are holding the shift key and using the arrows to change size, if the sides of the object were labeled on screen so you could see which side is which letter.

It may be easier to go back to the console method of typing in the exact X, Y, Z measurements. I have not tried that yet.

I have been playing the Windows version on my Bootcamped mac. It works OK. Today just as a test I downloaded the latest Unity version and tried to start that. No go. After hitting "Play" from steam, I get a red screen. It doesn't recover or start the game. I am running Catalina 10.15.7 on a macbook pro, maxed out ram and adequate graphics card. When I tried to run the demo about 6 months ago, it did run, but was super laggy and unplayable.

Possibly it doesn't like that version of OSX. I'm not updating yet.

Not a big deal for me as I can play on the Win side, but I wonder if the Mac version is running yet? Thx.

I’m excited to get back into playing Rising World with the new unity version. I have a new MacBook Pro on which I am running Bootcamp so I can play in the Windows version. But I see that many of the default key combos are not available on my MacBook. I have no extended keyboard and things like “Page Up” or “Menu” don’t exist. Is anyone playing on a laptop? Do you have suggestions for remapping the keyboard commands?

red51 It would be great if there was a way to printout the set of “Controls” once we have our key commands set up. There are so many I need a cheat sheet! ^^

I’m particularly excited to try the new building tools, but I don’t know what is the best way to remap these keys.

THANKS! I downloaded and played on the Mac side (Catalina 10.15.7) and it did play fine. Very cool. The world looks much more realistic. Very curious to see how we'd use the various "talking devices". Don't want to spoil it! Ha.

So I guess I'll download on the bootcamped Win side and see how that goes too. I expect I will get slightly better performance on my native OS side if possible to play that way in future. Also curious about the paint!

Don't know if anyone mentioned a livery stable, and wagon repair shop. Stagecoach station and or old train station. Definitely a church and school and a saloon, no old west town is complete without those. A Doctor's office, a general store, maybe a newspaper office/telegraph/post office. Perhaps a bath house? (Old time miners often didn't have a bathtub of their own, and sometimes a Chinese Laundry offered both laundry services and bathtubs for rent!

This seems like a super fun project, hopefully you'll put it on YouTube or share lots of pictures here. Good luck!

:D I am MOST excited about the painting aspect. I know!:crazy: It's the little things. And maybe resizeable everything! Wowee. :wow: And easier manipulation of building materials!

But on the other hand adding food spoilage, and crop farming issues will add a whole new dimension to the game aspect, and that is exciting too! I know that's "planned" and not done but it's something a lot of us have wanted.

Since you are also planning baking a cooking, and possibly quests—what would be super cool is to have a way for players to also input their own custom recipes using the ingredients at hand. Obviously you'd come up with the basics first, but allowing us to build on that and share them would be awesome. Ditto, quests or storylines, something we might either share (like blueprints) or set up to play our selves or in multi-player or co-op play. I can imagine something as simple as a scavenger hunt or treasure hunt that you write and then set up by hiding things players need to find, like a party game. (Now that we CAN place things in the world! Yay, Red!) Or you could even possibly set up a scenario where you have to fight off raiders (NPCs?).

I would "like" flowing water but it's not that important. It would be nice to have rivers between lakes/seas, but I can see where the different elevations would cause a problem. When you get to the terraforming perhaps just making some placeable water effects (animations) might be one way to do it. (Like Planet Zoo, which also doesn't have flowing water.)

I love the weather and the possibility of changing seasons, and I love how the snow builds up in a natural way. Footprints in the snow is a cool idea, and the sound effects improvements—good job. It's looking gorgeous.

I'm also thankful that you are being so transparent and sharing your Trello board with us, it's helping me keep the excitement and hope alive. (We need that right now!)

I am hoping that the demo when it comes will not overwrite the current version, so that I can keep playing, right? I want to say hurry, but take your time, but hurry! <3

Great suggestions!

I love the pets or sidekick idea. In that vain, I'd love to see the domestication of animals and requirements for feeding them, etc. to be built into the base game, and watering/weather requirements in the farming aspect too.

Your Map suggestions are spot on. Multiple maps would beget to have (for different purposes). Perhaps one for mining/locations of rich resources, a different one for exploration, or different areas of the world?