Posts by Jon_miner

Can you cover it with /abm count all?

The "/abm count all" counts all of your animals, but does not provide a "grand total", just totals for each animal type.

If an animal is really lost, i.e. is dead/ killed, then it is automatically removed from the list. This "dead animal watcher" is active every 20 seconds.
    I would like to say that at the latest after 20 seconds the "/abm list all" should be actual.

For some of our players with many (50+) animals (building zoos), there are animals that they never seem to be able to find (after even minutes of doing /abm list commands) and they stay on their list. Would it be hard to have a command like "/abm release cow 25" where the number is the number listed in the /abm list cow listing? This is an example for just cows, but have for all animals?

This may have been asked before, but would it be possible to add a feature to either "Release" an animal or "Recall" an animal? There are a number of players that somehow loose their animals (either killed or otherwise lost). They still show in their "/abm list all" list, but they are nowhere to be found. Basically, the player would like to either be able to "Release" the animal from their "ownership" so that they may breed other animals within their "max_animals_per_player" limit. Or at least recall the animal to their location. I am unclear whether killing the animal "releases" the animal from their "inventory". If not, then the ability to "Release" them from their ownership would defiantly be what is wanted so that they may "train/breed" others.

Another lit nit, but can the "/abm list all" provide a total count?

A side note which maybe @red51 may need to address, is that some animals in the main DB end up with positions of "NaN NaN NaN NaN" and these do not appear where the DB indicates they should be. This may be related to players loosing their animals.

@sharkbitefischer When you say blank for your GTX server, is this with an IP set for server_ip?

This is just getting too confusing...
    I set my GTX server to an IP set for server_ip and server_query_ip set to Blank

Server shows in both Steam and Game lists, but the IP is incorrect in the Steam list.

I think, when I had the IP set in server_ip and server_query_ip set to -1, then it showed in all lists and IP correct...

@red51 Ok an update on getting the server to show on the lists (Steam and Game). For my Nitrado/Linux server, if I left the server_query_ip BLANK then it gets listed in both places but the IP in the Steam list is incorrect. On my GTX/Windows server, if I set the server_query_ip to -1, then it lists in both lists and interestingly the IP is correct in both lists.

Go figure.

Still seeing problems with the server lists (Steam and Game). I have tried both setting the server_query_ip both to the same IP as server_ip and setting it to -1. I have a test server that is hosted by GTX and currently with server_query_ip set to -1 (even though server_ip is set to 181.214.149.168), it does show in both the Steam and Game server list and the IP is listed correctly in both lists. On my Artisan's Realm server (Nitrado), I currently have server_query_ip set to -1 (with the server_ip set to 85.190.158.239) but it does not show in either list (this server is port 12600). I have tried also setting the server_query_ip to the server_ip value and still does not get listed. At one point, with the query IP set to the server IP, the server did show in both lists (Steam and Game), but the Steam IP was not correct.

Are there still issues or am I just doing things wrong?

You can paint the short grass in creative mode and the terrain tool (F5). There is an "issue" however that if you paint with a large brush, the painting will go deep in the ground as well not just the surface and produce some "unnatural" terrain when you dig there. This is something I hope that @red51 will address somehow with the painting tool.

I have a question about the personal light and the new helmet with light.

Why won't the helmet work when you equip it, as I haven't seen anyone else asking, it has to be me.
    Does it need some way to activate it besides just putting it on?

As mentioned above... the debug light no longer works in Survival Mode. The helmet light works with the L key just like the debug light. If in Survival mode, you must have the helmet light to get light with the L key and other players will also see this light. In Creative mode, if you are wearing the helmet light, then the L key turns it on and off and other players also see your light from the helmet. If you are not wearing the helmet light in Creative mode the L key turns on-off the debug light (unless it is restricted by permissions) and this light is not seen by other players.

If you cannot execute the .exe, just execute the "rcon.jar" (on Windows, just double-click on it)

When I double click on the .jar file, it opens it with WinRAR. If I try to double-click the .exe file, I get this:

If I "Open with...." the .jar file and chose "Java Platform SE Binary", I get the below dialog.
    If I fill it in and click Login, RCON opens properly, but it does not "Remember Login" and I have to fill it in each time.

And I can't seem to make it work by just double-clicking on anything.

Ok. Did some more testing.... It definitely appears that it is when attempting to name animals that the below error occurs and it appears to be a conflict between the animal breeder plugin and the rwgui plugin that is used by the pnb plugin (and gps plugin).

Rising World - 0.9.1.5 - Dedicated Server
    Linux 4.4.26-nitradoV3-MC-1000-nH-dP-d-i Java 1.8.0_101 (amd64) Memory: 7635 MB
    2018/01/06 02:04 PM
    at com.vistamaresoft.rwgui.GuiModalWindow.onTextEntry(GuiModalWindow.java:155)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at pluginapi.PluginEventHandler.triggerEvent(SourceFile:201)
    at G.c.a(SourceFile:2740)
    at G.c.messageReceived(SourceFile:182)
    at de.jiw.network.kernel.KernelAdapter.dispatch(KernelAdapter.java:188)
    at de.jiw.network.message.RawPacket.run(RawPacket.java:54)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Would it be possible to add the capability to "turn off" the ability to name animals until this apparent conflict can be resolved?