Posts by Jon_miner

@red51, I realize that this plugin is not your responsibility, but the pnb plugin is throwing errors on our server. I have not been able to pin down what exactly is happening when the error occurs, but this is what shows in the log and chat window (for admins)...

PLUGIN EXCEPTION (com.vms.PlanksAndBeams, 0.4.1b, Maurizio M. Gavioli aka Miwarre) ---->
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.vistamaresoft.rwgui.GuiVerticalLayout.getItemId(GuiVerticalLayout.java:134)
    at com.vistamaresoft.rwgui.GuiModalWindow.onTextEntry(GuiModalWindow.java:155)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at pluginapi.PluginEventHandler.triggerEvent(SourceFile:201)
    at G.c.a(SourceFile:2740)
    at G.c.messageReceived(SourceFile:182)
    at de.jiw.network.kernel.KernelAdapter.dispatch(KernelAdapter.java:188)
    at de.jiw.network.message.RawPacket.run(RawPacket.java:54)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

PLUGIN EXCEPTION (com.vms.PlanksAndBeams, 0.4.1b, Maurizio M. Gavioli aka Miwarre) ---->
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.vistamaresoft.rwgui.GuiVerticalLayout.getItemId(GuiVerticalLayout.java:134)
    at com.vistamaresoft.rwgui.GuiModalWindow.onTextEntry(GuiModalWindow.java:155)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at pluginapi.PluginEventHandler.triggerEvent(SourceFile:201)
    at G.c.a(SourceFile:2740)
    at G.c.messageReceived(SourceFile:182)
    at de.jiw.network.kernel.KernelAdapter.dispatch(KernelAdapter.java:188)
    at de.jiw.network.message.RawPacket.run(RawPacket.java:54)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

The error may actually be happening in the "rwgui" plugin which pnb uses. Not sure.

Every animal has the home position set where it is initially tamed.
    After that the position is automatically updated where it stands when you "unfollow" your animal with the rolling pin.
    The radius is 10m (or 10 blocks? Can't remember ) an animal is allowed to wander around!

On a server this only works when the player is online. When offline the animals may roam further away but as soon as the player is online again all animals will return back home (can take a couple of minutes because they are walking comfortably - especially chickens )

I have been "experimenting" a bit with this. It appears that my animals will also wonder further than 10 blocks away even when I am logged on but go somewhere else in the world far from the "home" position. Is this expected?

Also animals disappear completely when I either move far away from "home" or if I alt-tab out of the game window to some other Windows location and return. I think they are there at "home" but not visible. Usually they re-appear if I log out and back in to the server. This may be animal behavior that @red51 needs to address along with the difficulties with them passing through walls/fences/etc.

Regarding the getting a list of your animals. The reason for the list would be to find out if all your animals exist or if they are either "Lost" or "Dead", as your animals can be killed by someone. Maybe at least a command that says you have "X out of Y Animals Tamed" or something.

If so then it simply "walks home". The home position is set with the noodle.

When you say "the noodle" do you mean the rolling pin. How do you set the home position with the noodle? Did not see this in the "readme".

Wonder if it would be possible to somehow have a way to get a list of all the animals you own and maybe where they are. With the difficulty keeping animals penned in, it would be helpful to have a way to keep track of them. Maybe some sort of "recall" capability to be able to "herd" animals back to you?

Players on our server are still experiencing difficulties with the naming. You end up in a state where the dialog box is there and you can type a name fine, but the enter key does nothing. You can click outside the input box and then hit esc key and the whole dialog disappears, but then you can't get the naming dialog box back again until you log off and back on again. Not always and issue, but often an issue naming animals.

Not sure if this has been brought up, but I was wondering if it would be possible to have a tool (maybe a claw hammer or crow bar) that would allow you to remove (into your inventory) construction items like planks and beams similar to how you can remove "blocks" with the sledgehammer. Or just allow the sledgehammer to remove construction items as well. This would be a helpful tool.

I didn't find this mentioned on here before and this isn't something that you would really do in "real life", but it appears that when you grow trees underground, you get some strange results. Some of the trees appear to have "ghost images" right next to the existing tree. Also, there is a "ghost tree" left behind after you chop them down until you do a relog or leave the area and return.

@red51 , is this something that can be fixed or is it just not intended for trees to be grown underground?

@red51 Regarding Ore Detector:

Red51: Hmm... is maybe the graphic_logarithmic_depthbuffer setting in your config.properties file set to true? It looks like it's still causing some issues with the rendering order in some cases (probably that's the reason why the text isn't visible on the ore detector)

Yes, I had that set to true. With it false the text displays properly. However with it set to false, the needle flickers a bit as well as overlapping planks-beams in the world. On the other hand with that set to false my FPS are a bit higher for the same area.

Regarding:

Ore Detector: Yes, no text on the detector. The ore text show up on the main screen (briefly) not on the detector itself. I believe it used to show on the detector.

Removing Clothing: It is not just hats. You cant remove any clothing to your inventory (drag). You can only drag a new item to your model and it does get replaced. red51 To clarify a bit here... In the inventory things appear to work and display right, but other players do not see the changes made when just removing items. Only if you replace items.

Falling Through World: THIS APPEARS RESOVED! THANKS!

@red51 Regarding the "setclothing" command... I did the command while wearing what I want as the "default", but new players are still naked. Do you have to restart the server for it to take affect?

Update... I guess maybe a couple of the Visitors that I had gotten were not completely new players. The default clothing DOES appear to be working. Nice change!

@red51Seeing a few "issues" on my...

Do not see other players! Sometimes, and had to relog.

[New] Added command "setclothing" to change the default spawn clothes for new players
    How does this work? ... nvm Think I understand now. Works just like the "setinventory". Right?

[Bugfix] Fixed ore detector instruments
    Get meter to move and sounds, but no text in the meter window

[Bugfix] Fixed placing and picking up of ores from furnace while holding the interaction key
    Putting in ore is not removing from my inventory, but the holding the interaction key works.... nvm Was in creative with "infiniteitems".

[Bugfix] Fixed size command, now always available irrespective of permission
    Is the "freescaling" permission still valid? Can allow/deny full scaling range or not? nvm... It appears the permission is still there to restrict full range