Posts by Jon_miner

Otherwise "SELECT `ID`,`Name` FROM `Player` ORDER BY LOWER(`Name`)" should be correct in any SQL context, but I have no idea how it would work with accented characters.

In SQL, I am more a "final user" than else; has anyone with a stronger knowledge something to suggest?

@Miwarre This SQL statement worked, at least on my MySql server. I do not have time at the moment (real life work has me really busy) to follow and respond to this topic as much as I'd like, but hope to to be able to get back to it soon. I think @red51 is hoping to use this plugin to replace the LUA script version and drop LUA script support, which I can understand, however ATM, this would NOT be viable replacement. This is looking VERY promising if the MySql issue and the "reach in" issue can be addressed.

Keep up the good work!!

Hmm, this sounds weird. It looks like the MySQL DB is defined differently than the SQLite DB. Would you mind executing this query on your local MySQL server and see if it works as one would expect:

"SELECT `ID`,`Name` FROM `Player` ORDER BY `Name` COLLATE NOCASE"

(this is one of the queries the plug-in is executing on the World DB)

Sorry for the delayed response... Your query resulted in: "Error Code: 1273: Unknown collation 'NOCASE'

The following query worked with 3821 rows returned with valid ID & Names.

SELECT `ID`,`Name` FROM `Player` ORDER BY `Name`;

I did notice that I have some players in the DB with spaces in their names with some of them even having a leading space...

There is no <worldname>.db file at all. I indeed use PhpMyAdmin and do a DB dump and then import into my local MySql server. This all works fine with the old LUA AP script and the MySql World DB is indeed populated with all player id, name, UID, etc. All the areas display (/showareainfo) all of the player names when using the LUA AP script. After installing the AP plugin and letting the "Import" of the script DB happen, no names are getting "resolved" at all. "nulls (Custom)" are displayed in existing areas (that did get imported) and when trying to add players to new areas there are no player names listed at all (there are some 4000 actually in the World MySql DB).

Ok.... Tried the "import/conversion" again with the entire Area Protection folder/sub in the ap folder and did not copy .group files to the presets folder and rename to .presets. And this is what I see for the Players in an area.

null (Custom)
    null (Custom)
    null (Custom)
    null (Custom)
    null (Custom)
    null (Custom)

The 1st point is because the player id's listed in the old LUA DB are not defined in your local world DB; so the importing process cannot attach a name to them.
    The 2nd point is because there is no AreaProtection/Groups/owner.group in your ap plug-in folder where the old definition of owner can be looked for.
    The 3rd point is because there are no other players defined in the local world DB?
    The 4th point I do not understand; are those groups defined in your local server?

Regarding #1... the player id's in the old LUA DB ARE defined in the world DB along with their names and UID's (Player Table).
    Regarding #2... OK, trying again without manually copying the old .group files to the presets folder and renaming
    Regarding #3... There are many players defined in the World DB (Player Table)
    Regarding #4... I tried to add a group (permission group) as "Friend" to a new created area and it got added but as "null (Friend)" even though picked from the list of available groups

As the manual says, you have to move or copy the whole folder of the old AP LUA script as it is with all its sub-folders into the new plug-in folder (refer to the manual for an illustration of the resulting folder structure) before the first run of the plug-in.

I did do this... But will try again without pre-copying the .group files to the presets folder.

Not sure what you mean by "....the player id's listed in the old LUA DB are not defined in your local world DB..." or "... there are no other players defined in the local world DB". The player ID's and their associated names and UID's are defined in the "World DB" (MySql)?

I am going to try the import/conversion again. Would love to discuss this with you real time in Discord if you have the time.

I apologize if I missed the discussion about this subject, but...

I am trying this plugin on a copy of my online multiplayer server (copy as a local dedicated server) which is using a MySql Database (not a SqLite DB). It appeared to "import" all of the areas from the old LUA script DB properly. I had copied all of the old .group files to the plugin presets folder and renamed as .preset (replacing the supplied ones). However several things do not seem right.

- All of the Players listed in the imported areas are listed as "null (Admin), null (Friend), etc."
    - No "Owners" are showing in the imported areas. They appear to be marked as "Admin" (hard to tell as all player names are "null")
    - When I attempt to create a new area and add players, no players are listed at all.
    - When I attempt to add a group to a created area with "Friend" preset, the group gets added as "null (Friend)"

Does this plugin only work with a SqLite database and not when using a MySql database?

I received this java exception in the server log. Just once so far...
    PLUGIN EXCEPTION (com.vms.PlanksAndBeams, 0.5.0, Maurizio M. Gavioli aka Miwarre) ---->
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 215
    at com.vistamaresoft.pnb.Gui.updateResources(Gui.java:377)
    at com.vistamaresoft.pnb.Gui.updateSelected(Gui.java:367)
    at com.vistamaresoft.pnb.Gui.updateImages(Gui.java:358)
    at com.vistamaresoft.pnb.Gui.access$600(Gui.java:27)
    at com.vistamaresoft.pnb.Gui$DlgHandler.onCall(Gui.java:256)
    at com.vistamaresoft.rwgui.GuiModalWindow.onClick(GuiModalWindow.java:145)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor20.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at pluginapi.PluginEventHandler.triggerEvent(SourceFile:206)
    at G.c.a(SourceFile:2901)
    at G.c.messageReceived(SourceFile:189)
    at de.jiw.network.server.core.ServerTcpChannel.onMessageReceived(ServerTcpChannel.java:97)
    at de.jiw.network.server.core.AbstractServerChannel.dispatchTCP(AbstractServerChannel.java:62)
    at de.jiw.network.server.session.TcpSessionHandler.channelRead0(TcpSessionHandler.java:79)
    at de.jiw.network.server.session.TcpSessionHandler.channelRead0(TcpSessionHandler.java:15)
    at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:105)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)
    at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:310)
    at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:284)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)
    at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:310)
    at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:284)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.access$600(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:38)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext$7.run(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:353)
    at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultEventExecutor.run(DefaultEventExecutor.java:66)
    at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:858)
    at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:138)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I don't know if I can give you specifically what is going wrong with the RWGUI plugin, but it appears to throw a java exception error when it is actually responding to the "text box" input of other plugins. Specifically the Animal Breed Master plugin by @Machete. Not trying to point fingers at any particular code or anything as I don't really understand it, but this is what I have noticed. I will try and see if I can replicate it and give you some log info.

I am having the same issue with Nitrado... They appear to be using the wrong port (serverport+1 versus serverport-1) to query the server for information. This is also causing performance issues on my server and sometime outright server crashes. I have a ticket in to Nitrado to try and resolve this, but as yet they have not and continue to query the server on the wrong port.

I don't think that I have seen this suggestion yet. Would it be possible to make the Zoom Key (default z) and Tab Key (for the player list) be a "Toggle on-off" key instead of having to hold the key? Or at least provide an option to have it either "Toggle on-off" or "Hold". I know that there is a way/glitch to make the zoom and player list stay up by toggling the console or chat window while holding the key, but it would be easier if they were just "Toggle on-off" type keys IMO.

LOL I just did not have enough coffee before I reviewed the forums... "warphome" is just fine! I'm and idiot :)

Minor thing here but I don't see the logic with the names of these commands... /abm warphome all /abm warphome ID /abm warpallhome

Could these be "mis-spellings" or "mis-translations"? Maybe something like /abm phonehome all /abm phonehome ID and /abm callhome (admin only) was the intent?

Never Mind.... LOL I thought it read "war phome" not "warp home" my bad!

Nice Update!

As a server admin, you can create custom pages in the journal for your players. To do that, you have to create a "journal.xml" xml file in your server main directory. Here you can find an example file: https://download.rising-world.…urnal/journal_example.zip

It's important to maintain xml syntax. If you make any changes to the journal file, you can update it ingame either by restarting the server, or by typing reloadjournal into console ;)

Hmmm.. Learned something new! Did not know about the "reloadjournal" commnad. :) Are there any plans to provide a WYSIWIG like editor for the journal and/or the ability to add additional journal sections (in addition to the "Server Infos")?