Posts by Minotorious

ok no simply extracting the zip would be fine you do not need to create an additional animalbreedmaster folder. What you do need though is to place the animalbreedmaster folder that was created by the extraction in the plugins folder on your server, i.e. not just copy it to the server files and leave it there on its own. If the plugins folder does not exists create it.

Your filesystem should look like this:
    ServerParentFolder
    --->server.jar
    --->startscript.bat (or .sh)
    --->cache
    --->Logs
    --->lib
    --->Worlds
    --->permissions
    --->scripts
    --->plugins
    ------>animalbreedmaster
    --------->.jar file and other files here

@FritzHarmann did you extract the zip file to a folder called "animalbreedmaster" and then place that whole folder in the plugins directory on your server? If the plugins directory does not exist just create it.

Also if you could be more specific with "I tried everything" I could help you more on this (i.e. did you get an error when the server started, did you restart your server after placing the plugin in? etc.) :)

On the other hand I heard rumors that an ingame trading mechanism exists in multiplayer without throwing items around.

yes trading does exist but it is a bit buggy at times (i.e. items disappear from your inventory and do not appear in the other player's etc.) thus dropping items is a quite common way for me at least to give items to other players. The safest way to trade atm is to put items in a chest and let the other player pick them up.

I get that you want to make it as simple as possible for everyone but sometimes the simplest is not the best solution as you said. I am curious now what your original thought was and if you could just ask red51 for the methods to make it happen (in the API requests section). ;) think about it.

I don't think it is possible to add custom inventory items at this time, at least not through the java API (no idea about the lua one). (please correct me if I am wrong I would love to be able to do this)

I also don't think it is possible to spawn fish in the water since you cannot know beforehand the coordinates of all the water or the height they are at. (i.e. before a player steps on it, and even then you would have to have your plugin track the positions of all players until someone stepped on water to spawn the fish 3D model there)

Though you could spawn fish on water on command (i.e. admins going around placing some fish at certain spots), you could even then have the models move around in small circles :D

I can imagine a plugin that could work like this:
    1) on command spawn a fishing rod (3D model) in front of the player model (maybe a bit in front of the feet?) on the ground then raycast to check that there is water in front (so the player would have to look towards the water for this to work).
    2) Then have a timer attached to a probability to catch fish or not every x seconds/minutes.
    3) restore health/hunger depending on fish caught (in the future add fish to inventory)
    4) on command or after X minutes despawn the fishing rod (we don't want to have 1000 of them left everywhere in the world)

hey @Machete what if I want to drop an ingot without obtaining a reward?, e.g. I want to drop an ingot for another player to pick up. This way of controlling the reward system i.e. with dropping certain items to the ground seems a bit too intrusive to me :/ maybe you could use holding the correct item and typing /reward in the chat? just a suggestion here :)

A more detailed log would be helpful :D (To force the game to create a log you need to go to the config.properties file open it with a text editor and change game_debug_console=false to true then save the file and start your game. The log will appear after you exit the game in the Logs folder in the RW directory. So just replicate the problem, exit the game and post the log here)

Though this looks to me like the known issue with the raycasting method (were you cutting trees or mining when it happened?) which will be fixed in the next update so just a little patience for now :)

The last update was exactly two months ago tomorrow, the time period between updates varies but for an update the size of player models with all the crafting stations to make the new items I would expect no less than three months.

Though as the steam sale is coming up (most likely on Thursday or Friday this week) a small update or an image preview would give a good incentive to people to buy Rising World in the sale :D

Still not working for me, but a different error this time, probably related to permissions, though I did check and the converter has read/write permissions on all users (including administrators). I will try it later on my ubuntu VM but if you can help me in the meantime I would appreciate it :D

Edit: Exact same error on ubuntu too, even used sudo in front of the "java -jar etc." command to force admin mode execution. :/

@red51 I must be doing something wrong but I tried converting a SP world for testing purposes and I am getting an error.

So here is what I did:
    1) open windows powershell
    2) run java -jar ./converter.jar "D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\Worlds\Editortest" 127.0.0.1:3306 root 123456789 Editortest
    3) got error "No connection possible to SQLite database: D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\Worlds\Editortest." (see screenshot for more info)