Posts by Minotorious

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

After you create paper you need to go to the workbench and under Miscellaneous you will find the option to craft a map using 1 piece of paper ;)

for scripts just extract the .zip file you can download from the forums to the "Scripts" folder.
    for plugins the same in the "plugins" folder but do not extract the .jar file that will be created after the first extraction.

thanks @red51 I now fully understood how blockdata works :D I will now run a few test cases to determine the unique identifiers for each type of block.
    When you decide to change the blueprint file format I would appreciate if you could include the changes in the changelog or post them somewhere on this forum.

Edit: I forgot to also ask, is the typeid of each object the one I find in the definitions.db database in the game files?
    i.e.:
    1 rocksmall1
    2 rocksmall2
    3 tent
    4 table
    5 chair
    6 shelf
    7 bed
    8 piano
    9 workbench

10 torch
    etc.

I have a world that I think I seeded by typing Lake in the seed field. It has mountains, forests, temperate grasslands, and yes, lakes. It also has at least one snow biome. It does not appear to have any savannas, deserts or beaches. I have flown due east for more than 3 game days, what must be the equivalent of thousands(?) of miles. I haven't seen anything but the above forests and mountains. I am convinced the world has only these biomes. Is that possible?

Savannah and desert biomes are indeed extremely rare to find. I would think your world has at least one but you haven't found it yet (bad luck?) :P Also the direction you fly towards doesn't matter it is not like the worlds generate based on some geographical markers/profiles for regions i.e. sand is not necessarily east as in the real world ;) I would try starting from my spawn and then flying in every direction to a distance 15000-17000, there must be at lest one Savannah biome in that circle. ?(

I should add that this is furthest I have been from base. the further I go the more it seems to lag. Is this common also? I am 37,774 (degrees?) east of my base. So, pretty far.

PS: a compass can only have 0-359 degrees that distance is in blocks i.e. you have travelled a straight distance of 37774 blocks from your spawn.

@Steve I was talking about blocks (blocks are made in the blockbench and their names are block, ramp, stair1-3, half-block, cylinder, half cylinder, etc.) the code block you included above is for objects (objects are made in all other benches i.e. sawbench, workbench etc.). In game you can distinguish them when you use console commands to spawn them, blocks need the word "item" in front to be spawned while objects need the word "object".

e.g.:
    item block 1 21
    item ramp 1 21
    object bed 1 0 <--this 0 is the variation e.g. this can be 0-10 i think for beds
    object chair 1 0

wait wouldn't it be wiser to use the inbuilt method buffer.getShort() (i.e. blocks[i] = buffer.getShort() ) instead of reinventing the wheel with bit shifting? ?(

Also a different question now:
    I created two test cases one with a single ramp texture 21 and one with a single stair1 again texture 21 to test the block data structure.The values I get from the blueprint file are:

blocktypehexdec
    ramp26C19921
    stair10F513921

seeing this result I understand that 21 refers to the texture, while the first two numbers refer to the position? If that is the case how does the game know if the block is a square block, a ramp or a stair1, a stair2, or a stair3 etc.?

eitherway when the new AP plugin comes out I would think that the creator could write a small extra script to convert the old db file to the new format for the plugin. Shouldn't be that hard to write an extra script that would read the old db file and output it in the new format.

Thanks all for the feedback :) For the various block types I have to check which category they fall under in the blueprint files, if they are under blocks then there is no identifier for me to separate them from the square blocks if they are under construction elements then yes more buttons are definitely possible and not that hard to implement.

just for the record what I did in java was use a 2D byte array with two columns and rows as many as the blocks found in the blueprint. Then I parsed in the first column the position of each block and the second column the texture of each block respectively. This way helped me draw a fast and easy distinction between the position element of the blocks (which I don't care about) and the texture element which is what I want to change in my program.
    And code-wise:

Code
    byte[][] BPblock = new byte[BPblockl/2][2];
    for (int i=0;i<BPblockl/2;i++){
    BPblock[i][0] = BPbuffer.get();
    BPblock[i][1] = BPbuffer.get();
    }

I really have no idea how a game becomes compatible with NVIDIA GeForce Experience Share, but I would assume NVIDIA has set some basic rules and code that should be inserted in the game and if the game developer inserts it then they can contact NVIDIA to add their game in the list of compatible games. No idea if this process costs anything for the developer or how/if NVIDIA makes any money out of it.

Hello all as promised I have started working on a standalone program to edit textures in blueprint files. Thus I wanted to update you on the progress and welcome any suggestions from your end for things to be done differently than the way I have now in mind.
    My program currently looks like this (on the left hand side you find the editing interface while on the right hand side I will include a thumbnail list of all available textures with their respective in game numbers):

It has two options under the File menu i.e. Open for opening a blueprint file for editing and Save for saving the new blueprint file. Once you open a file the fields "BP Creator", " BP Name", and "BP World" show the respective information but you are only allowed to change the name field.

Then once you click one of the Edit XXX buttons you get the respective information in the Editing field (i.e. Blocks, Planks, Beams, etc.) and you can cycle through and change the various textures found in your blueprint by the Previous/Next buttons. (the current texture appears in the "Current Texture" field while you can add a custom texture number in the "New Texture" field.

Hope you like it so far and as I said any suggestions for improvement or changes are welcome :)

PS: I decided it was a good opportunity for me to learn java too so I am writing it in java which makes it a bit harder for me and will definitely take more time than if I had done it in another language but you will have to bear with me and be a tad bit more patient ;)

Für die Deutsche Leute, ihr könnt auch auf Deutsch antworten, wenn ihr wollt. ;)

Hey @red51 I though you might find this interesting, when looking inside blueprint files I noticed that in some of them the number of elements (only noticed this with construction elements i.e. beams, planks, glasspanes, etc.) is double the amount that should be in there and all the data (posx/y/z, rotx/y/z, sizex/y/z, etc.) are written twice exactly the same. When I blueprinted the same object a second time the number of elements is correct.

I looked through the log and I don't see something that would cause the game to minimise on its own. So I would assume your problem is not game related.
    Having said that I am not qualified enough to understand every aspect of the log file (since I have no insight in the game's actual code) so I will let red51 have a look and answer you with more information if the issue turns out to be in fact game related.

Do you maybe have skype or any other app/program that displays toasts on the side of your screen and you accidentally click them causing it to minimise?
    Could you go to the game directory (if you have it through steam it must be something like: D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld) there you will see a file called config.properties, open it with a text editor and you will find an entry: game_debug_console=false in it. Change that to true. Then start the game and the next time it minimises by itself quit the game and go back to the game directory. Now there should be a folder called Logs, go into that and post here the latest log in there. Maybe someone can help you out by reading it if the problem is RW related.