Posts by Minotorious

Red51 does not take us seriously

I am sorry to hear that you think that but if I may ask where does this claim come from? From what I have seen in the past few months I have been a member here, he is on the forums (and steam discussions) replying to threads and personal messages almost daily, he has been very helpful in every way possible when anyone asked for assistance with bugs/problems (even when the problems were not caused by his game i.e. antivirus-steam conflicts etc.). If you mean that he doesn't reply to the suggestions part of the forum yes that is true he only reads it as far as I know.

For instance, they can only be isosceles triangles

That is true and that is why you would need to use more than one of them :P

but yes in general a filling tool would be nice, it would help keep the textures as seamless as possible and not have 50 different grains when filling a weirdly shaped hole :D

to fill triangular areas at least you can use the woodplanktriangles that exist in the game, unfortunately they are only accessible through the console so in MP only admins can give them to you. They can be spawned in by item woodplanktriangle N T (N is the number you want, T is the texture you want them in).

ok does your file system structure look exactly like this?

Code
    RisingWorld <-directory
    ---plugins <-directory inside RisingWorld
    ------SimpleCar <-directory inside plugins
    ---------assets <-directory inside SimpleCar
    ---------SimpleCar.jar <-jar file inside SimpleCar directory
    ---------bg_speedometer.png <-image inside SimpleCar directory
    ---------gasstation.png <-image inside SimpleCar directory
    ---------screwdriver.png <-image inside SimpleCar directory

I am sorry but I really cannot understand your problem if your filesystem structure looks exactly like that, which it should if you just extracted the zip file and uploaded the folder created directly to the server plugins directory. The plugin should work on your server. I know of at least one server that was using this specific plugin without problems.

shouldn't the *.jar file go into the "lib" folder with all the other *.jar files?

no the lib directory is for the game jar files, you shouldn't change anything there or your game may stop working properly.

Hey @red51 I know you are busy but I just noticed that in a blueprint file I was working with the object data is written twice. i.e. my blueprint has 45 objects in total (yes went in game and counted them to be sure :D ) and in the blueprint file there appear to be 90 objects. Looking at the exact data (typeid, variation, positions etc.) I can see that it is the same both times. As you said before not a big issue since the game ignores duplicate entries but a fix for that would be appreciated when you have time to get to it. :)

ok if it has a .jar file then you are talking about a plugin and NOT a script. considering the extensions .dds and .car I think you are talking about the SimpleCars plugin. In that case the only thing you need to extract is the SimlpeCar v1.5.4.zip and upload the folder SimpleCar as it is (i.e. with all its contents, assets folder, jar file and the three png files) in the server plugins folder. If you want to add the other vehicles then you should unzip and upload all the files to the assets subfolder in the SimpleCar directory.

or if you are in SP or have access to F5 creative in MP, turn creative mode on then press F5 then press 5 and right click the red area on top of your unwanted water blob ;)