Posts by Machete

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

I am curious now what your original thought was and if you could just ask red51 for the methods to make it happen.

I don't tell the details but it has to do with object placement. For now it is not possible with the API to destroy/ remove an object programmatically.
    In the next couple of weeks @red51 & co. have enough to do (the playermodels preview is awesome!).
    I do not want to slow down the progress for the sake of some new API functions. But after the update I will bombard them with suggestions like no tomorrow! :D

Die Screenshots sehen echt klasse aus!! :thumbsup: Der Bogenschütze ist ja top!
    Ich freue mich schon riesig, das wird ein Fest!

Ob es wohl auch möglich ist, eine Spielerfigur mit einer kleinen Plauze zu erstellen? (kein Sixpack, sondern ein Onepack! :D )

hey @Machete what if I want to drop an ingot without obtaining a reward?, e.g. I want to drop an ingot for another player to pick up. This way of controlling the reward system i.e. with dropping certain items to the ground seems a bit too intrusive to me maybe you could use holding the correct item and typing /reward in the chat? just a suggestion here

First of all: Thanks for your feedback! :)

I know this is not the best solution, but by dropping an item the plugin can determine the spawn position.
    Please consider that from the beginning I wanted the plugin to be as simple as possible to use, avoiding chat commands (I think many players are not comfortable with chat commands like me - it is not "intuitive").
    Only exception are chat commands for controlling or outputting something (like /abm help or /abm rewsys).

While I implemented the reward system, I have come across limits, related to API functionalities.
    I had to replace the optimal solution by this one, taking into account that in a rare case a player drops a valuable item for another player, resulting in an unwanted reward. :)
    On the other hand I heard rumors that an ingame trading mechanism exists in multiplayer without throwing items around. ?(

I want to ask the community: Can you live with this "ingot dropping"? What is your experience so far?

I slept over it and possibly found a solution: running the plugin by loading the extracted Java class files directly.
    Please perform the following steps:

1. in the plugins/animalbreedmaster/ directory, unzip the AnimalBreedMaster.jar
    2. after extracting, delete the AnimalBreedMaster.jar
    3. copy the classinfo.txt (see below for download) to the plugins/animalbreedmaster/ directory

Files

• classinfo.txt

(24 Byte, downloaded 276 times, last: )

Hello @SamySte,

thank you, nice to hear you like it!

I suppose that you copied the zip-archive to the plugins folder and extracted it there as described in the readme.txt.
    Can it be that you forgot to delete the zip file after extracting?

Edit:
    Did some tests, it is not related to the zip archive.
    A case can be that the AnimalBreedMaster.jar is corrupted or that it is blocked by firewall/ anti virus program.
    If not then I am at the end with my latin here... ?(

@Jon_miner
    With Version 0.20, when you point at an animal owned by another player, it should show the name of the animal in blue plus the name of the owning player.

In Acticuvalley, we just add a tag to the pet's name. So I have a cow called "Rib-Eye [D]" to show I own him.

This is a good solution for now.
    I am still thinking about a neat solution to show multiple "name labels" in the world without cluttering the screen...

Neue Version V0.21:

• Einstellung zum Ein-/ Ausschalten des Belohnungssystems
    • Trächtigkeitsdauer in %
    • Fehler behoben: einige Barren im Schmelzofen wurden fälschlicherweise als Gegenstand für Belohnung erkannt

New version V0.21:

• setting for turning the reward system on/ off
    • pregnancy progress in %
    • fixed issue: ingot in furnace was mistakenly recognized as an item for reward

I would recommend you add a small setting to turn the reward system on or off.

Good suggestion! I just implemented a setting for this, will be added in the next minor version. :thumbup:

keep up the good work :)

Thank you! I will! :)

P.S.:
    general information for all:

• please read the .txt files in the zip archive, I had to shorten the thread text badly because of a 10KB text size limit
    • forgotten info: after dropping a reward item on the floor you have to stay within 2-3 meters and wait max. 10 seconds until the reward animal appears!
    • feedback, suggestions and/ or bugreports are very welcome

allg. Infos für alle:

• bitte lest die .txt-Dateien im ZIP-Archiv, ich musste den Thread-Text massiv einkürzen wegen einer 10KB-Limitierung
    • vergessen zu erwähnen: nach dem Ablegen des Belohnunggegenstandes auf dem Boden musst du innerhalb 2-3 Meter bleiben und max. 10 Sekunden warten, bis dein Belohnungstier erscheint!
    • Feedback, Vorschläge und/ oder Fehlermeldungen sind immer erwünscht

Es hat schon sehr viel Zeit in Anspruch genommen, meine Plugin-Beschreibung zu überarbeiten (deutsch- und englisch-sprachig),
    um dann nach dem Absenden folgende Fehlermeldung zu erhalten:

Dies war ziemlich ärgerlich, zumal ich erstmal wieder eine Weile beschäftigt war, um den (in Spoilern) gefassten Text sinnvoll einzukürzen!

Ich bitte darum, diese Obergrenze großzügig heraufzusetzen.

Hallo @Deirdre,

das ist schon korrekt so, wie du es beschrieben hast: neuen Namen eingeben und Enter drücken bzw. mit der Maus außerhalb der Box wegklicken.
    Ich vermute ganz stark, dass du gar keinen Mauszeiger hattest und somit auch keine Chance, irgendetwas zu ändern.

Im Plugin muss man den Mauszeiger selbst aktivieren, um Eingabefelder interaktiv machen zu können. Und genauso wieder deaktivieren, nachdem die Eingabe fertig ist.

Leider gibt es da ein Problem:
    die Funktion für den Mauszeiger wirkt sich auf den Zustand in allen installierten Plugins gleichzeitig aus.
    Z.B. wenn Plugin A den Mauszeiger deaktiviert, während Plugin B aber (zufälligerweise) den Mauszeiger noch benötigt,
    dann hat dies zur Folge, dass Plugin B nicht mehr reagieren kann.

Ich habe aber gute Nachrichten!
    Im Laufe des Tages bringe ich eine neue Version raus (u.a. kann man nun Häschen und Minischweinchen als Belohnung bekommen :) ).
    In dieser Version werde ich auch gleich eine neue Absicherung einbauen:
    sollte die Eingabe wieder "rumspinnen", dann kann das mittels Esc-Taste zurückgesetzt werden.