Posts by Avanar

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.1 (2024-09-02)

Deirdre Ehrlichkeit ist sehr wichtig aber verwechselst du das, in einzelnen Fällen, nicht mit persönlicher Ansicht? Denn ich kann absolut nicht nachvollziehen wie du das Segelboot als grafisch "so lala" bezeichnen kannst. Es passt in RW sehr gut rein und auch für deine Städte und Häfen sollte das Boot doch einiges hermachen?

TheKing - Fahrzeuge (nicht nur Autos, sondern auch Pferdekutschen, Minenfahrzeuge, Züge, etc.) wären fantastisch. Wie Red es aber gesagt hat, zwischen den Inseln zu reisen, im Survival, ist momentan echt mühselig. Das Segelboot ist daher wirklich passend, finde ich.

Wir haben jetzt zwar Glastüren. aber als Eingangstür sind die eher für einen Shop geeignet, denn wer möchte in seinem Haus eine durchsichtige Eingangstür haben, durch die alles im Inneren zu dmsehen ist. Es gibt so schöne Türen da ist oben Glas und nicht die ganze Front verglast. Unsere Türen kann man nicht durchsichtig machen, leider. Ich muss ehrlich gestehen, dass diese Glastüren eher als Balkontüren denn als Eingangstür geeignet sind. Die vorhandenen Modelle sind leider nicht wirklich schick.

Zum Glück sollen wir die Möglichkeit bekommen eigene Türen zu bauen, die sich funktionsfähig sind

btw I personally wouldn't care if there's a way to travel in EA. I guess most ppl wouldn't if there's a creative mode ;-) ... well and there's the portals plugin too so I have a feeling there are enough ppl out there "fixing" the shortcomings of it until they are done in game ;-)

those that play survival want to play survival, not creative. i don´t think it would be a viable solution for this part of the community to simply tell them "fly to where your ressources are". EA is a game, not a tech demo after all :)

but that´s a matter of personal taste of course. while, as room6675 said above, playing on a server means to follow the rules of the server admin/owner. if they don´t allow flying you would be restricted to what you find locally or in the near surrounding.

same for plugins btw.

and for the portal plugin you would need to be at least once at the place you want to go. maybe really an idea - you need to travel far off just once and can come back any time. but to me it feels a bit like cheating. maybe there will be a solution for that in the future.

generally i think red will add recipes with one big update. there are a lot of these waiting to be introduced.

Well just looking at the game itself it might seem to be obvious. Yet I did look at the plugin API a little bit. Asuming the API is somehow representing the game strukture the "blocks" and recipes don't really hint towards that. Granted it is always possible that part of the api was just a "quick & dirty" hack to get it going. Which could very much be true as the API doesn't have a way to define recips from there. Guess once that feature would be implemented a cleanup in this area of the API is mandatory.

I don't really get that point, isn't it common in other games to just have a "creative mode" for those who just want to do building?

the game is in EA, as you also stated. That means several features aren´t available yet or limited. The real reasons why there are no detailled recipes yet need to be explained by Red51 but i imagine that part of that is because we are lacking of the material yet (more trees, other rock types, etc.). And another is that it is currently very difficult and lengthy to move to other biomes. It is unrealistic to go to all available biomes with just a row boat or a motor boat, not knowing where the biome is, having no map, etc. Yes, you can go exploring but to build with all the materials you would need to go hunting for material for ages just to find sufficicent trees for the build you want to do.

More updates will introduce vehicles, ships, map, trains, etc. That will make it a lot easier. And also more natural textures of course. For some textures there isn´t any material implemented yet. Neither are detailled recipes. So it makes sense to connect the introduction of these detailled recipes to the introduction of the other mentioned stuff.

For now these are just placeholders. Or do you think to produce 1 glass pane you will need 1 sheet of metal? ;)

Give it some more time. What you see now is just the current state, not the final outcome.

Well, isn´t that obvious? Because at some point we need i.e. oak wood to produce oak wood blocks. This isn´t a feature yet but it will be. Most likely when other stuff is available in game that allows travelling more easily. It would be a bit annoying for survival players if they see a wonderful texture in their building menu but can´t select it because they are in arctic regions while they need wood from the savanna, with only few means to get it.

Yeah unfortunately in this case the incense stick is just way too small to embed a fire into it.

there's a couple of things I've made and am planning to make that I'm designing to be able to use particle effect generators, block rotation, etc. in the future once Red gets it implemented. That should be able to be scaled down enough for this.

I didn't try with objects but can't you shrink the fire, blueprint it and then struck it even more?

Objekte, wie z. B. Möbel werden nicht übernommen. Bilder auch nicht.

Die texturen sind nicht identisch, daher wird das Spiel für due Blaupause die am nähesten rankommende texture in unity nutzen.

Das kann im Einzelfall anders aussehen als in der Java.

Ansonsten... Einfach versuchen

Actually I absolutely hate working in tiny because it's so hard to see the blocks, pivots, etc. but that's why I suffer, so others don't. lol

Ooorrr... You build the stuff with bigger parts and later shrink it via blueprint

Sometimes I show such things to friends and I am astounded that they are not as amazed as I am. In their defense, they do not have the understanding of the time it takes to place the intricate details of this column head. It is a true work of art.

I guess that depends on how creative they are. If they are more into action they might admire someone doing a no arms, no hit speedrun in a souls game. Which i personally can't find any interesting aspect on.

Still it's great that you can admire that blueprint. It's really wonderful

Was fooling around with making an intricate detail to a column. This takes a lot of small pieced manipulated by hand. Would interested in finding a simpler solution or if the game has or will have the ability to manipulate a sphere for example like can do to the terrain. That is move small sections in and out of the surface like carving stone.:thinking:

i don´t think so. This idea came up before but back then it wasn´t possible (technically). But with the posters we can add carvings without carving. not perfect but something.

Other than that you could make some paterns just once and blueprint them. That makes a tedious work a bit less tedious (on the long run)

Right Control pressed down once will turn manual positioning on..... keeping right control down will turn the poster on it's Z AXIS when using the arrow keys.

To move the poster up and down the only way to do it is right control once to turn manual positioning on and then hold down left control and press num key 8 or 2 to move poster up or down.

That was my problem... i forgot about left control and it was not in the settings menu.

With right ctrl and page up/down you should be able to achieve the same result

Another example:

Primary set to low/flat and secondary to high could cause volcano like areas with a caldea in the middle.

Basically the primary slider defines a few spots on one island, while the secondary defines everything between the area set by primary.

Could also work on ocean level, so even in the ocean area single peaks could pop up every now and then

I am struggling a bit to find a world with just the right amount of mountains and hills.

Could it be possible to have 2 sliders for that upon world generation?

Like one primary and a secondary.

If primary is set to i. E. High mountains, Huge mountains will be created.

The secondary slider set to low, would cause that each high mountain is surrounded by flat lands.

That is what I would be looking for:D