Posts by Avanar

Avanar Ich denke, dass einfach die Zeit dafür fehlt, Zeitmangel, keine Interesselosigkeit.

ja, vermutlich. und bis die unity endlich die java abgelöst hat wird sich das wohl auch nicht ändern können. danach hoffe ich es aber sehr, denn nicht jeder kann oder will das spiel, bzw. die infos die red immer wieder streut so im detail lesen wie wir es hier tun. wenn die community wachsen soll muss auch da was getan werden

Sorry für die bisher ausbleibenden Updates auf Trello :/ Das Problem ist leider, dass die Roadmap grundsätzlich nur einen groben Überblick über die Dinge geben kann, an denen wir arbeiten... Besonders kleinere Features sind dort nur schwer (oder gar nicht) unterzubringen. Wenn wir zB ein neues Item einbauen, dann gibt es keinen wirklichen Platz dafür auf der Roadmap. Daher sind dort überwiegend nur die größeren Features aufgeführt. Doch bei Dingen wie den Biomen und Höhlen kommt etwas erschwerend hinzu, dass wir dazu ohnehin noch nicht viel präsentieren können bevor diese Features nicht nahezu fertig sind (denn richtige visuelle Ergebnisse haben auch wir erst dann, wenn die Arbeiten an dem Feature nahezu abgeschlossen sind).

Nichtsdestotrotz werden wir die Roadmap bald aktualisieren, das ist schon lange überfällig ;)

Die Hauptintention ist an sich, dass man grundsätzlich sehen kann, welche Features geplant sind (und was bereits drin bzw. umgesetzt ist). Aber tatsächlich soll die Roadmap eine grobe Idee davon geben, an welchen Dingen wir derzeit arbeiten. An sich ist das durch die farblichen Markierungen (Gelb) gekennzeichnet. Die Aktivitätsliste hingegen hilft in erster Linie dabei, einzelne Änderungen zu finden (damit man nicht jede Karte immer wieder durchstöbern muss nach potenziellen Änderungen) ^^

wäre es eine idee wenn du einen Reiter "sonstiges" hinzufügst und darin als unterkategorie z.b. "neue objekte" und hier dann bspw. eine geschirrspülmaschine. und auch immer wieder was hinzufügst wenn du neue objekte (oder auch npc modelle, biome, etc.) hinzufügst. also features oder anderes die in ihrem grundsatz schon woanders untergebracht sind auf trello oder sogar schon im spiel sind aber die erweitert werden. das liesse auch spielraum um vorschlägen aus der community raum zu geben. nicht jedem ist klar wie sehr du dich an deiner community orientierst

Das ist mittlerweile einfach abzusehen.

Das nächste update wird wohl am 31.12 kommen und das update sein das die unity zur hauptversion macht schätze ich.

Ich glaub nicht das dieses jahr noch 2 updates kommen 😅

du hast vergessen zu erwähnen "am 31.12. am späten Nachmittag oder Abend" :D

(sorry Red aber das musste sein, ist echt Meme-reif ;) )

Ist schon eine Weile her, dass ich eine Blaupause geteilt habe. Hier kommen die Tore von Ekrund (leider habe ich vergessen die Objekte mitzuspeichern, Türen daher bitte selbst einfügen ;) )

It has been a while that i have shared a blue print. Here come the gates of Ekrund (unfortunately i forgot to save the objects, please insert doors on your own ;) )

At no point did I say it was simple. I'm a programmer too, I worked with Java for a long time and I know little about Unity and C#, enough to know that it's not really a puzzle, no matter how well it's structured, it's still basically a total rewrite of all the components.

However, what I said, and I'll say it again, if the updates were smaller (include fewer changes), then it takes less time to deliver. I understand that smaller updates are less expressive, they have less impact if you think about marketing, but I think that at the moment it wouldn't be a bad solution, it's better to wait 1 month and receive X than to wait 3 months to receive X, Y and Z. At the end of the 3 months, delivery is the same, but because they are more frequent deliveries, existing players have a greater sense that things are moving forward.

About updates where part is old features and part is new features, that's fine, it would only take twice as long to deliver everything that is old since half the time would be for new features. And I honestly can't understand what the controversy is about all this.

if you are a programmer i think you should know better. or maybe for games it´s different. it is not like you have a ton of small parts that you can add to the whole structure any time you want in any order.
    there are lots of dependencies, which is why it makes no sense to insert the screws before the motor is ready and in place. neither do you fill in oil or gas before the engine is installed.

also red mentioned that each update is followed by weeks of bugfixing and maintenance. for us players it would be more convinient to get monthly updates, of course. but overall it would just take more time to reach the goal.

aside that don´t think that they can do everything themselves. i.e. models are done external, not by red and his team. i think the same for animation, not entirely sure though.

I understand that Rising World is migrating Java to Unity, and knowing this, I already imagined that there would be no new updates to the Java version.

What I meant is that while the migration of what already exists in Java to Unity (C#) takes place, each update in the Unity version could be smaller (which would help to deliver in less time instead of taking 3 months), and each update could be composed of old and new items.

That sounds simple but it isn´t. It´s not like it´s a puzzle game and pieces are there, you just have to put them together.

Tell a mechanic that if the new motor didn´t arrive yet he can already start implementing a few screws here and there so when the new motor is available he just have to fit it in. That doesn´t work.

Red´s team is, as i imagine it, at the limit of what they can do. The high goal is to get Unity Version ready until end december to replace the Java version. Everything else has to stand back. They put in all they have to achieve this. There is no room to wiggle or squeeze anything else in. Even a little bit.

We all want more content, more models, etc. but need to wait until the team is ready for it. They have no reason to hold something back other than that they don´t have it ready to be released or that a patch with minor content now would throw back the bigger update.

Red mentioned several times that one patch is followed by several weeks of bug fixing. In this time there is no room for further development.

Rising World ist ein ganz besonderes Spiel für mich, weil es eine kreative Freiheit beim Bauen und Gestalten erlaubt die ich bisher in keinem anderen Spiel gesehen habe. Außerdem ist der persönliche Kontakt mit dem Dev, seine proaktive Kommunikation mit der Community und kompetente technische Unterstützung jenseits dessen was man erwarten dürfte einfach spitze.

Zuletzt möchte ich noch die riesigen Möglichkeiten erwähnen die das Spiel in der Zukunft haben könnte. Die Perspektive was aus diesem Spiel werden kann sind atemberaubend.

Rising World is a very special game for me because it gives a creative freedom, concerning building and design, that didn´t see in any other game until now.
    Also the personal contact with the dev, his proactive communiaction with the community and competent technical support beyond what should be expected is simply outstanding.

Last but not least i want to mention the huge possibilities the game could offer in the future. The perspective of what this game could be one day are breathtaking.

Ok. I thought the idea that all the objects like furniture and everything else, tools, tree types, fruits and vegetables, animals, bioms ect from java would be put into the new version. Npcs, ability to put posters on walls, all the types of ore and so on. And get things like flowing water, trains, maybe a helicopter, electricity, plus other new things would come along in the new version. Would be nice to see more furniture choices. Maybe a car or motorbike

that´s still the idea. and many things, incl. i.e. posters, furniture, fruits, vegetables, animals, etc., are already in the unity version. more things to come

im not sure what you mean. but...

1. the size of a terrain piece can´t be changed

2. the size of "blocks" can be changed with ctrl + arrow keys / pgup/dn

3. the grid size can be changed (when it is activated) with + and -

4. these infos are valid for the unity-version - for the java version nr. 2 is valid for planks and beams but not for blocks, which have only the standard size

I am pretty sure a lot of the resources from java are not in the new game to find out in the world? Or am I wrong?

could be, yes. that´s why the unity version isn´t the official one yet. but what do you mean exactly? there are lots of vegetables to be found for survival, you can drink water and since the last patch we got animals to slaughter and eat.

there is stone and several ore veins in order to craft stuff from it. not to mention wood in various textures.

What I meant was. Will we get all of the crafting items to collect in the world. Like on java. Go searching around for the items you need to be able to build things. Or is this new version just going to be left as it is with limited resources in the world and you just load up a command line and spawn whatever you want to build your things? I used to like it on java digging and searching for the resources to be able to build items. Now the world just seems bare. And I'm supposed to just spawn what items I need and build stuff.

ehm... already now you can play in survival and gather all the food, water and material you want and need - or you play creative and just spawn it. im really not sure what you are referring to. it is your choice if you spawn stuff or find it.

It's not really that fun when you can just spawn everything you want. I liked the searching element. And having to find food and water and items to make things. Now I can just type in spawn anything and build things. It's a bit like that game Grahams mod now.

i get this point but i tell you it is a matter of the personal taste. in creative you can build a lot more stuff than in survival mode. on the other side achieving a complex building in survival is more satisfieing than in creative.

but i repeat myself - i don´t know what you are referring to. if you enabled hunger/thirst you need to eat and drink. and in order to do that you have to go out and find it. that´s implemented for quite some time.
    but of course (again) it´s your decision if you take that challenge or spawn the food/drinks

I don't see why it couldn't just be optional for specifics buildings or areas. It doesn't need to be global.

Physics is my single most-wanted feature. I'd be happy with even simple load-bearing that updates only once per minute or something.

there are technical limitations. though i agree in some cases it would be usefel to have pshyics in a very limited area. but as this seems to be technically not viable at the moment it is an either all or nothing approach.
    and as long as that is the case i doubt this community would welcome it (i wouldn´t). simply because the building system of rising world is that much advanced that people can literally build everything with it. but physics would put huge restrictions on this again.

There was never any release date for finished game. And for sure not end 2023. But the goal is that Unity-version will be the official version until end this year. And i hope it is still on line with that.

Also... "just be a sandbox game"? Well, the game IS a sandbox game. It is designed as such, promoted as such and developed as such. Not sure what you really mean :)

There will be more survival features, more crafting, etc. over time of course.

This topic is coming up every now and then. The challenge here is how to implement structural integrity without taking off from the building possibilities RW has to offer.

Some people are building not only houses, castles, etc. but also glasses, cups, shelves, tables, chairs and even pen, books, statues, etc. Not to mention floating castles, space ships, etc.

All this is possible because there is no SI / physics involved. Adding it would limit the possibilities we have.

Even if you could decativate it and activate only when required the activation would effect all built structures, not only the one you would like to apply it on.

I would vote against it as long as there isn´t a solution for that

red51 Das Hängenbleiben kommt bei diesen riesigen bearbeiteten Flächen vor.

Dass du zuerst mal andere Prioritäten hast ist mir klar. ^^

Avanar Es kommt auf die Größe des zu bearbeitenden Gebiets an. Wie du auf den Bildern sehen kannst habe ich auch flache Gebiets Blaupausen verwendet. Ich nutze jede Möglichkeit. Ich bin auch nicht die einzige der Probleme mit dem Terraformen hat, nur die einzige die diesbezüglich etwas schreibt. 😞

Na ich glaub schon du hast da echt eine spezielle Anforderung. Anderen geht das sicher auch so, nur vermutlich nicht vielen und die meisten kommen "irgendwie" zurecht. Du hast ja aber schon das Feedback von Red zum aktuellen technischen Stand der Möglichkeiten. Mehr geht halt aktuell nicht.

Liebe Deidre,

ich kann dein Problem, bzw. deinen Wunsch nachvollziehen. Jedoch bin ich der Meinung du schießt dich auf das falsche Ziel ein. Alles was du hier ansprichst hast du schon mehrfach angesprochen und Red ist kein Entwickler dem das egal ist. Er hat dir, auch hier wieder, sehr gut und verständlich erklärt wo die technischen Grenzen liegen. Und zudem kommt dazu, dass deine Anforderungen schon sehr speziell sind. Ich glaube es gibt nicht viele in der Community die das extreme Terraforming von dir betreiben und das so häufig.

Aber vielleicht solltest du das Problem von hinten aufzäumen? erstell dir eine flache Welt, schnapp dir ein paar Formationen aus anderen Welten und blaupause sie. Dann übertträgst du sie in die flache Welt.
    Also anstatt eine generierte Welt anzupassen, erstellst du sie komplett selbst.

Vielleicht bringt dich das weiter. Und wie schon vorgeschlagen kannst du ja auch einen flachen Bereich blaupausen und einfügen auf der Höhe die du möchtest.

Red hat doch schon mehrfach gesagt, dass wir in Zukunft selbst den Anteil der Hügel/Berge werden einstellen können. Desmagu sagt das schon richtig, in Bezug auf Unity steckt auch die Weltgenerierung noch in den Kinderschuhen.

Dieses "Hängen" denke ich liegt vor allem daran wie schnell deine Hardware die Veränderung übernehmen kann. Ich bin aber ein technischer Laie, ist nur eine Vermutung.

Zudem ist es doch gar kein Problem Pflanzen, etc zu entfernen. Einfach mit dem Entfernen-Tool den Bereich markieren und ENTF drücken? Wobei das eh nicht notwendig ist wenn du auf dem Meer baust.

Zudem könntest du ja z.B. aus der Demo-Welt einfach ein Stück ebene Fläche blaupausen und dann in deine aktive Welt einfügen? Das wäre evtl einfacher und schneller.