Posts by angriff

There are so many creative builders here I am sure they would be interested in making stained glass windows for their Churches and fancy buildings. Making small items like wood that acts like colored glass would be a boon for those artists. 8o

Another thing the PVP game needs is an attractant to players. Currently the worlds are HUGE and I mean HUGE. This disperses players who want to be far enough away to not be detected. However, this provides a game exciting while the player initially builds but seeing other players requires an active campaign. Right now the populations of servers is very low less than 10 players spread out over hundreds of km does not make for much chance they will be seen. The remote player can make everything he needs to live and even the glory of special armor is done in secret in dungeons.

Therefore there needs to be an attractant that makes players chance of getting specialized or buying specialized equipment or supplies a risk. The dungeons are not the answer at all unless the entire premise for the game is fight zombie NPC in the dungeons alone. There is a fine line and the devs will have to see what they want as too much a requirement for teaming up will push off the players who want the risk to survive while they build nice structures. Possibly a reward for structures above ground could be in order. Players building grand battlements have a higher chance of survival in their above ground home but there needs to be some functionality requirements.

Possibly the size of a farming lands for a large structure would be interesting. That is if you have a large structure above land you get certain crafting resources easier but the large structure requires you to have a corn field that is 75 by 75 blocks with hundreds of corn plants to sustain it. Add water requirement storage to the mix and you have a fight for resources.

None of this may ever be put in but the idea of making players have increased chances of conflict will help the PVP game. Having requirements for large structures such as farming and water will also help the raiding type conflict. Caution to the havign things destroyed while offline frustration is always in order for this line though. 8|

I just was perusing the blueprint forums and actually took the time to erect a few on my server to see what they looked like. I was amazed at the artistic aspect of many of of the structures. The intricate details that players went to in the medium of flat, round and stubby wood or blocks is amazing. The devs need add a method for signatures in these works of art. It is in total Awe that I salute you all. 8o:thumbup:

They can add so much beyond the PVP aspect that attracts game players.

You can use the RCON tool to copy messages easily from the chat :) It can run in the background as you play without a problem ;)

To lock the chat open just press T and don't press Enter again, the chat will remain on until Enter has been pressed

Ok I guess I need to read about RCON in the users manuals ?( But the T thing does not work I never hit Enter again I alt Tab out and it goes away while I am on another application. I watch it go away.

I have german players on my server and in order to communicate I have to cut and paste in the chat to a translator. Well I cannot cut from the chat line so I have to window the game with the translators and retype the german responses. The problem is the chat goes away all the time. So I have to switch back to get it to reappear for typing..

Is there a way to lock chat on temprarily? Of course the best thing would be to allow highlighting for cut to work on the chat line. Cntrl C does not work but Cntrl V does for responses.

well that is good for other people just like wood.. my laptop does not have a keypad. the Fn Key down arrow does it. It is the fixing of it so that you can set it. The only issues are that allot of builders use wood or build on flatten loam so you have to clear out tall the rocks, grass and dirt that shows up in it or you have to build a foundation for it prior to setting it down. Not complaining just letting peeps know ||

well that is what I thought but since I use the function key with my lap top to get pg up and down being away from my desktop for a few days but it did not seem to work. Blueprints dropping have always been a mystery with me because they do not seem to immediately place with mouse buttons like other objects.

Anyway I will try it again Thanks. if not I will just wait till tomorrow when I am home. Thankyou

I had a real problem with water. When I tried to make a well i started filling and and nothing happened so I went into fly mode and took a look. A small hole in the structure was allowing the water to flow out and into the wellbore outside of the structure. I had a leach zone and nothing to cement it off with. Never could get it to fill so I just clipped the structure up higher and threw the water against the wall to hold it on. Almost had to plug and abandon the well <X

I have a blueprint that sets up in the air. I am able to rotate it any angle but I cannot get it to drop down to the ground. It stays about 10 feet in the air. Anybody know how to fix this or set it right? It does not seem to respond like wood to other commands.

sorry did not see the other thread that asked a similar question but did not answer this question

Blueprint manipulation question

Thanks Minotorious! I am very surprised I have not come across your ServerTools plugin until now. The features seem quite promising and useful, I may need to switch to that not just for autoranking, but the other useful tools you included. I do use your Portals plugin and that has been working great! Thanks again!!

I use his servertools but mostly just for weather changes right now. The portals plugin is real fun to use. I have places that if you go into the area you go someplace based on the location such as crossing a bridge that you cannot cross as portal puts you back at the start. It is real fun.

I hope the some day the devs put in some animations you can do with portals so you can mimic things like doors opening automatically like electric doors at stores or actions by other objects in the area.

oK THANKS GUYS. I think it is working the way I want. I am not in the prison business as the is too Reign of Kings and IMHO caused people to quit the game. I guess I need to learn to program but I will leave that for another weekend.

The server rank program seems to work just fine and with all the notes you guys posted above I think the rank permissions progression thing is working the way I thought. ^^

if the players are in a permission group then the group settings are considered first, if a setting is missing or not specified then the default one takes over. If the player is not in any group then the default group settings take effect.

I remember in a another thread if I turn it on the first priority ie group the turn it off in the second priority default then it would be off. So is it precedence or considerations first. Sounds like precedence determines the sign of the equation. If on first stays on... if off first stays off. If undefined then default sets precedence. If a routine promotes or changes their permissions them during play after receiving precedence of default it will change during play or only at next log in?

In my case when you first log onto my server I want them not to be killed and their nametag showing for the first hour of play. When they are online a total of 1 hour it will change at that point even while on line without a relog.

you can use - _ and ( ) but I would refrain from anything else. general rule is no punctuation. Also it does not handle 2 part names when assigning ownership. "jon doe" can not be used but "jon_doe" can be used when assigning ownership of the claim. So players entering the game with 2 and 3 part names have to change there names if they want a claim.

Ya I learned the two name thing early as it took it but would not execute the protections.

Yes you can angriff, easier to set shownametag: false in your default.permissons so you don't need to enter this in all groups. I only show nametags for admins in which case it is shownametag: true

Well I have a class that cant be killed and cant kill so I wanted to tag them on so people understand that they cant kill them. The rest are PVP and your discussion with ZiP showed I was wrong to turn them on only so that people would see their rank. So I just turned on the Suffix in Chat with a different color for ranks/class/groups.

Do you know what order the program processes. Is it Group first then Default?

As minotorious stated, bear rugs are already in game. For any other rug type, google the image you like, and upload to a poster. PLace the poster wherever you like, the effect is quite nice!!

I put floor mosaics down like in my Ancient Greek city area. They look wonderful.

Thanks for the advice. It did not corrupt the database. I was just worried we had some sort of overflow issue. It was acute today because I was not at home but using a laptop and did not have the password for my server to reset it or the sqldatabase program to fix the database should it have become corrupt. In any case I managed to get it restarted and the database was not corrupt after I deleted the last location.

Thanks for verifying that I can have more areas. I just have 31 right now.

On thinking about the naming thing I did have a common name Market and Marketspawn. Not sure if that had anything to do with it. knock on wood :saint: