Posts by Xantequia

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

I reloaded the portal file tree that was working since I added it. Here is a video showing what happens when I hit enter after typing the command:

I downloaded the server files on 11/30 so I have a recent backup. I removed all the folders and just had the Portals folder in the plugins folder. I just added the .jar file and restarted the server. I went on and still no luck. All portals did not work as well. I then re upload the files, and placed them back and now none of the portals work. I dont know if it's me or what. I guess I will need to close down my server. I just paid for December so I guess it ends on jan.1 2021 exactly 2 years from its birth.

Yes.

I am going to intently try and start a home server. I'm a novice at all the computer "how to" and I am searching for the best tutorial on how to set up a home server. There are some on you tube I follow but when I launch the Rising World dedicated server icon, the command prompt window comes up for a split second then goes away. I was hoping for a GUI type program to make it easy to maintain but I guess there is not. Thanks for all your help Mino.

1) I type in the text box /portal select and nothing happens. I also tried /portal list and nothing happens. I tried even to do /portal create so I can see if it will give an error, but nothing happens. Same with the other plugins I listed. When I hit enter the text just goes away as if I didn't even type anything.

2) Please see answer number 1..lol

3) here is a picture of the plugin's list.

I deleted the jar file and redownloaded the one here. I added it and restarted the server. I went on and it still wont work. I got out my list of all plugins I have and the ones that DO NOT work are: Portals, Admin Tools, Last Online and List Players. Even my TAB list has problems like it wont show me until I GPS port someplace. THEN it wont show other players! My server is on PingPerfect. Last week the server went down and they had to replace it or something and ever since THEN, I have issues . Can they have done something to mess it all up? I have been wanting to have my own server here at my home, but the "how to" is written for computer Gods and not for computer infants like me. I have requested if someone would be kind to make a "How to" for us novices but no one seems to want to. I'm afraid that if I need to start over, all those beautiful structures on my server will be lost forever.

One blow to the block with a pick is your option.

If you are just starting a new place where you are low on stone or wood, etc. Placing a needed block without a sledgehammer would be a waste and if there was an "undo", you could save that needed block without having to destroy it.

I have downloaded the server info and files and tried my best to understand how to run my own dedicated server. Is there anyone able to create a GUI style sever setup for us non smart morons that don't know a lot about computer jargon? OR make a step by step video for youtube from start to finish so I can save 37 dollars a month for paying for my server that used to be popular but now seems to be barren? Id hate to cancel my server and all those beautiful structures people made on my server will be gone forever if i cancel the monthly charges. I am willing to pay the person to make it as well. real money!

Or How about an easy journal update? When I try to update my journal, the right side is all messed up and not on the page but all over the place.

Not sure what I am doing wrong but I have the iConomy, SpratchAPI and Aktivesign plugins installed. The money one works but for some reason I cant get the signs to work. Is there a pdf or txt file on how to set it all up? I tried the example:

[spawnNPC]
    bandit 3 true
    (leer)
    20 $

and nothing happens. is it the F key, enter key, left click to activate it?

Thanks

I installed the plugin last night and it created a fatal error and the server would not boot back up .Here is what the error said:

Rising World - 0.9.5.7 - Dedicated Server
    Windows Server 2012 R2 6.3 Java 1.8.0_144 (amd64) Memory: 1908 MB
    2019/09/09 09:00 PM
    at pluginapi.PluginLoader.loadPlugins (SourceFile: 73)
    at pluginapi.PluginManager.initialize (SourceFile: 79)
    at server.Main.e (SourceFile: 601)
    at server.Main.initApplication (SourceFile: 272)
    at commons.JIWApplication.initialize (SourceFile: 242)
    at com.jme3.system.NullContext.initInThread (NullContext.java:87)
    at com.jme3.system.NullContext.run (NullContext.java:130)
    at java.lang.Thread.run (Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: de.chaoswg.CRT
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass (Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass (Unknown Source)
    ... 9 more
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: de.chaoswg.CRT
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass (Unknown Source)
    at de.pbplugins.ActiveSign.onEnable (ActiveSign.java:131)
    at pluginapi.PluginLoader.loadPlugins (SourceFile: 73)
    at pluginapi.PluginManager.initialize (SourceFile: 79)
    at server.Main.e (SourceFile: 601)
    at server.Main.initApplication (SourceFile: 272)
    at commons.JIWApplication.initialize (SourceFile: 242)
    at com.jme3.system.NullContext.initInThread (NullContext.java:87)
    at com.jme3.system.NullContext.run (NullContext.java:130)
    at java.lang.Thread.run (Unknown Source)

I removed it and the server came back up. Any ideas?

save the scriptDatabase.db file in the areaprotection folder and you should be good as far as your areas go. If you changed any of you settings also save your settings.properties file in the main directory of the plugin. Sorry I can be of limmited help. The creator of this plugin has been MIA for quite a while now.

It seems that a player made plugin was causing the issue. I deleted it and now it seems to work fine.

the way that looks is 1 claim is inside the other, shure you didn't set a small part of the second area inside the other? turn areas on and have a good look. I am not shure what the privacy marking is. Think it has to do with other people's permissions in the area.

the areas are about 5km apart game distance wise. Do you know if I reinstall it will the previous protected areas be gone?

those are the names of the areas you are in. If you are playing on a server owned by another player, you may need to get an admin to set you a claim. Try the show areas option in the gui and you will see all the other areas around. Again, I haven't messed with this in a while so I am just going by memory.

Yes, I am admin on my server. attached is an example. I logged in the game inside the Maze area. I roam around and no matter where I am at, it still says I am in the Maze area. I then go into another's claim and it is listed beside it. The two claims are not next to each other.

I haven't tried that way yet but another thing I notice is that at lower left hand corner it says the area I spawned in at. Like "Maze" then when I go to another area, it lists the other area beside it like "Welcome Center | Maze" when I should only be one area listed. If I delete the plugin, will all areas I have already protected vanish? Or do I need to back up a file?

In the last couple days i have noticed that when trying to create a new area, the red blocks will show up and move like they are supposed to but then for no reason they are gone while sizing the area. I have to start over and it will keep "crashing". anyone else seeing this?