Posts by supershanks

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

1) Laying wooden floors.
    I'm very grateful to Quezax for the Tutorial - Extended Construction System video which was a big help toward mastering my woodcraft.

I still have some glitches though after following the advice given.

This is my latest project:-

Next step is to add a wooden floor for the 1st floor.
    I find the controls great but i think usage might be improved by visual feedback of what the various modes are on

1) Mode indication Placing planks or beams.
    The [F1] help is great

The F1 help screen shows the three modes :-
    Manual Mode
    Modular Snapping
    Grid Snapping.

I'm not sure how the modes operate, are they each exclusive ie manual mode on disables the other two.
    I feel it would help if we saw a visual box maybe like traffic lights showing the three modes, maybe in the top left of the screen, when the relevant material is selected:-

Manual Positioning [status]
    Modular Snapping [status]
    Grid Snapping [status]

The [Status] would be a green or red light for each mode showing which mode is on or off, when the plank or beam is selected.

Hi,
    I bought Rising World just after Xmas and I've really been enjoying it, despite falling down a few mine shafts and losing myself in the hills and woods a few times. I'd like to share a few observations which might be of interest apologies, if I'm repeating areas already covered by others.
    I'd also like to thank Quezax and all the others for adding the guides and videos that have helped my understanding of the game.

I've had a few difficulties with unmovable planks etc., I've found that Quiting so the game is saved and then reloading can sometimes help.
    I also take occasional backup of the save files which can be copied back if disaster strikes.