Posts by supershanks

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

This game is getting better and better. Except those killer bears. :) I'm like Trillnar and a crafter, so a bear calming option would be really well received here.

Quote from Trillnar

but I changed the bears to sheep in the database.

Do you mind telling me how you did this please. Sounds like a plan until we get the pacifier option .

BTW I've just about become vegetarian in this game. Can't bring myself to kill a pig, the cries it makes are so disturbing. The rabbits are fantastic so no way can I kill them. I think I'll have to look forward to bear meat when it arrives. :)

I love the half bocks and understand that blocks are limited to one block per single cube space. However it would be great if we could do as yahgiggle suggest and spin or flip the blocks.
    I'm particularly thinking of the new half block which can only be placed in the bottom of the full cube it would be so much better if it could by rotated so it was in the upper half of the full cube, so it might be used in a ceiling or whatever.

Brilliant Red, have been looking forward to this.
    Couple of questions now I've got it.
    1) Half blocks. I've not found a way to rotate up 90 degrees to enable thinner walls
    2) where do we get seeds for farming carrots and tomatoes. Are there wild carrots and tomatoes to get?
    3) I'm pleased to see the ID number on crafting, but expected to see a different number for each plank texture for example. My bugbear is when building I'll make a few lots of a plank, carry on building for a few days and run out. When I need to make some more it's often the case for windows planks and beams I end up manufacturing the wrong texture. That's particularly where the ID number can come in, I can just make a note of the ID , problem solved. Alternatively have a favourites for wooden products

Yes good Idea. I must admit I tend to plant trees using the saplings I find chopping timber. One thing that's missing are bush seeds/saplings. I would be nice to plant a few bushes. Thinking on from that it's not much of a leap from bushes to hedges.

Quote from supershanks

Tuesday, 11:03pm

aye I'm getting the same with too many games. Last six weeks or so good games are like buses, wait for ages then they all come at once.

Well my moratorium on game buying lasted all of four days. ;( Got Planet Explorers, it was 50% off on Steam, had been badly tempted before with it plus I remembered Turbo614's praise of it. So that was an offer I couldn't refuse.

I can see two different inventory regimes, one for survival mode and the other for building mode. I'm mainly a builder and Like Melton quite happily fill chests with materials. I certainly agree with R3Drook reducing pallet size on blocks etc., would be a pain in building.

I tend to go out chop maybe 10 or more trees and mine the equivalent stone then return to base to craft and build, that's fine in creative building mode.
    However If your playing survival mode how do you rationalise being able as an individual survivor being able to carry all that. Also as ZaC pointed out, where's the need for other transport, It just becomes a toy or eyecandy in the game not a utilitarian tool.

I like the idea of a backpack but it needs to be small for survival and large for creative mode.

Yes I can see it bothways though,smaller number makes for harder survival. They've certainly increased the inventory slots I've used. :)
    Might make more sense to downsize the block slot capacity I guess. Maybe 32 brick and 16 logs.

I'd pick stranded deep over subnautica it's further along in features n such. also I picked planet explorers over lif and a few others. it's really a great game so far.

Yes that's pretty much what I thought. Subnautica seemed to have maybe less emphasis on survival and more on exploration and crafting, not easy to compare from the game descriptions alone.
    Planet Explorers looks very solid and gets a lot of accolades, must admit.

you can also use the mark command in the console. Type mark before leaving home records your position.
    When lost got to console type gotomark and you'll be back home.

Both spawn and mark need to be rest I think every time you load the game.

I've also found planting garden torches can mark your home to guide you.

This is perfect for kids.

Na, too good for them let them get their own. :)
    Welcome to the forum. Regarding grass length your going to be busy with the scythe and sickle tools. Personally I think it's just right, the environment to me seems much lusher and feels much more real compared with the majority of voxel based games.
    I'm certainly looking forward to water and seeing things develop.

I'm not sure if I'm being dense here but what parameters need to be given to clear stuck planks. I've looked at

WorldEdit-Script by andyzee: [SCRIPT] World Edit

seen I should run /we-fill

Partially working:
    /we-fill [air|dirt|stone]
    /we-fill id <number>
    Allows you to fill the selected area with specified blocks. It removes all objects (basically does the same as "/we-clear all" before filling)
    Note: game will interprete id>16 as 0 (air).
    UPD: handmade blocks are not disappearing and cannot be destroyed by hand after /we-fill, but will disappear/change after restart (singleuser - goto main menu, server - restart)

So what parameter should be used to clear the stuck object. Do we need to define an area at all, if not won't the script clear all planks for example.

I've tried /we-fill air which didn't do anything.