Make 2 melons actually 2 ^^

• Also, I think that the stack should be rised to at least 2, maybe even 3. Because 1 surely is realistic and you don't have to pick all the melons up, but there are so many of them left alone then :C

• The melon slices stack don't they?

In regards to melons stacking. Well we don't know how the inventory will be dealt with yet, will we have just a bit of space until we get a backpack? Want to carry more, build a cart to pull yourself. Want to carry more, build a larger one which you can connect to a donkey or something... Surely we could not hold more then two melons with just our hands haha (pun intended).

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• When you pick up a "double-melon-plant", you just get one :P

I would Give the melon thing some time. When you see flowers in a bunch and you pick it you get more then one. So I bet they realize the whole melon thing is off and I bet they will fix by ether giving you one more melon or making it so there are only melon patches with one melon. I doubt they intend on leaving the melons the way they are.

As far as the whole stacking thing goes I have no problem with it and I have no clue if they would want to change it up any.

• you know what when you put it that way I have to agree with you. That and the fact the the sliced melon only stacks up to 8 witch is kinda crazy.

• I must admit I'd like to see 4~5 melons per slot at least. Seems a bit illogical somehow that 64 blocks per slot which must represent quite a large cube equal only one melon.:)

This is true haha. If they will keep the stack of 64 for lots of items then yeah, stacks of melons etc.. makes sense.

• Yes I can see it bothways though,smaller number makes for harder survival. They've certainly increased the inventory slots I've used. :)
    Might make more sense to downsize the block slot capacity I guess. Maybe 32 brick and 16 logs.

• Personally I would love it if we could only carry say 80 pounds (about 40 kg). And it slowed you down if you carried max and drained your thirst and hunger faster. Then you would have to use things like sleds, carts, wagons (even small ones which have a handle.. yes like a kids wagon!), then the use of donkeys and horses.. then on to motorized vehicles to move stuff around. It would create so much immersion for this game if they did this. I mean, how should people be able to build a house after an hour or so of playing? People will get bored fast if that is the case.

• For sure it would need balancing. It's a matter of giving everything the player can pick up weight. Inventory space is still an issue of course.

But personally I would remove the stacks of 64 in survival, well even for creative. Just need one of each item in creative.

Along with the small wagons, carts, sleds etc... I would add small crates with handles like

For carrying small stuffs like apples. And baskets maybe for flora and that kind of thing. All kinds of containers could be used for different things. Firewood... animal feed.. food storage, growing crops (like cold frames to grow certain crops in colder temps). Anyways. Not going to write a huge thing here.. don't worry lol

• I agree with two melons needing to give you two, and etc.

Also loving @ZaCormyr 's idea of having to make a backpack, sleds, wagons, pack-mules, motorized transport vehicles, and all that. I wouldn't mind having to build devices that would ferry food crates around locations, though I guess others would be irritated. Allow those on SMP maps to do the 'trucker's' job while others barter for the goods? Might end up spawning actual bartering vendor outposts and all that to encourage natural, motorized, and fixed-track transportation to move the quantity of food around, or at the very least having a community of players living next to bountiful farms.

The possibilities.........Backpacks I can approve of at the very least to pull-able storage sleds and all that.

----------------

(Edit: Dont' mind me, just an ignorable & trivial posting........)

• Personally I would love it if we could only carry say 80 pounds (about 40 kg). And it slowed you down if you carried max and drained your thirst and hunger faster. Then you would have to use things like sleds, carts, wagons (even small ones which have a handle.. yes like a kids wagon!), then the use of donkeys and horses.. then on to motorized vehicles to move stuff around. It would create so much immersion for this game if they did this. I mean, how should people be able to build a house after an hour or so of playing? People will get bored fast if that is the case.

The only thing am worried about is imagine how long it will take to build things if we had to make all those trips. Right now building speeds are not that bad but if think about it a lot of are materials are free, and when they are not the building speeds will go down (which I don't mind), But if you cut are inventory in half that might be a little to slow for me.

• The only thing am worried about is imagine how long it will take to build things if we had to make all those trips. Right now building speeds are not that bad but if think about it a lot of are materials are free, and when they are not the building speeds will go down (which I don't mind), But if you cut are inventory in half that might be a little to slow for me.

word! I am afraid the game will be too complicated when you are no longer able to stack items and need crates for that (but I like the idea itself)... 8|

• Ya I would love to have a back pack or some sort of portable storage, but I think that storage Items give you to many slots.... way to many slots. Right now it seems that you only need one chest for all of your stuff. So I wouldn't mind them cutting that down but I think our inventory should remain the same.

• Ya I would love to have a back pack or some sort of portable storage, but I think that storage Items give you to many slots.... way to many slots. Right now it seems that you only need one chest for all of your stuff. So I wouldn't mind them cutting that down but I think our inventory should remain the same.

Only 1 chest? When I mine, chop trees and build stuff alternately, I have to tidy up my backpack very often and I need a lot of chests for that

• Only 1 chest? When I mine, chop trees and build stuff alternately, I have to tidy up my backpack very often and I need a lot of chests for that

I think that the chest space should stop at page 1 (48 slots). I think having both pages is a little much (96 slots).

• I am currently playing Wurm Online. In Wurm it takes a long time to do stuff, especially when first starting out. A long damn time!! I am not suggesting anything like that. Maybe a 3rd of it for immersion.

I think you guys are imagining things taking far too long. I don't intend that at all. Like that crate image I posted above. Imagine how many apples you could put in there. Lets go with the minimum, 2 width wise and 4 length wise and lets say 2 high (and I think more could be done actually). That's 16 apples in one crate. How many do you need to gather at one time? lol

Let me ask this. What is the point of building rails and mine carts for mining if we can just carry stacks and stacks of ore back to base? Nobody will bother with rails.. so why put it in the game at all? Think about it and remember there will be creative mode for those who just want to build. What I'm talking about is for survival modes.

Anyways... Red. Think about it. That's all I ask.

• Like I said I don't mind having food items and equipment take up a bunch of room but as a builder, and someone that loves being immersed in the game I would find it quit irritating to have to open up my inventory every few seconds because I need to put in a new stack of blocks in my selection bar.

I would use a rail cart system all the time for example:
    When I want to build something I gather a bunch of stone (enough to fill my inventory the rest of the way)from the quarry and I travel to my town. where I figure out how many of each block I need. Expanding my inventory to where as I need to take trips back and forth from my build location to where I craft my items. and when I run out of blocks I start the process over again.

If I could Implement a form of transportation both for me and my items I would. It would save me so much time and that's without cutting my stack size.

I do think though, If a back pack where to be implemented that what our inventory is now is what it should be with the backpack equipped.

• I can see two different inventory regimes, one for survival mode and the other for building mode. I'm mainly a builder and Like Melton quite happily fill chests with materials. I certainly agree with R3Drook reducing pallet size on blocks etc., would be a pain in building.

I tend to go out chop maybe 10 or more trees and mine the equivalent stone then return to base to craft and build, that's fine in creative building mode.
    However If your playing survival mode how do you rationalise being able as an individual survivor being able to carry all that. Also as ZaC pointed out, where's the need for other transport, It just becomes a toy or eyecandy in the game not a utilitarian tool.

I like the idea of a backpack but it needs to be small for survival and large for creative mode.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!