Posts by Silverspeedy

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

Compass does not tell you depth. F3 has location lines plus direction. My problem is trying to tell the depth. The third paragraph have states with surface level and depth but very confusing. I redid my tunnel so it is more deeper than before but I think surface items (meaning hills/mountains) is throwing the depth off. I got to a point were the surface level is 516 but my depth is 511. New cave found coal besides the other two. I know the deeper you go, better to find gold, tungsten, and sulfur. Then can get mining drill and and ammo for the gun. Flying might be easy to go to hell but does not help finding ores.

I am confused in how deep I been mining. So far no natural tunnels or anything. Outside is level 418. When I am underground that number is all over the place. When I step in the tunnel I have dug, the level goes up to 527. Near the end of my tunnel is level 490, depth 191. When I climb up and go up in the tunnel. Level goes up but depth jumps to 218. Trying to find ores and any underground forts like in the java version. Plus like to see what spiders and lava wolves look like. Look like a gentle slope to going down in my tunnel in parts.

I have some questions.

For slope to add an angle block, I try to change angle but blocks always in weird angles trying to snap to slope path. It snaps to terrain correctly not paths I lay.

For paper making. I thought the old recipe was cloth, water and the press. From the Java version. Would like to make a map to help explore surface easier instead of making trails with scythe. Water bit tricky, found one small lake when I started but have not found any ponds. I have plenty of snow from snow capped mountains.

For snow capped mountains, I noticed it still rains that that height. I thought it would snow. Mountain level is 790. My base is over level 800 high. so far no encounters at night. Just fog and rain. Do I need to be lower area to find spawns? I seen pigs, rams/sheep, cows, and buck with antlers. Nothing hostile. I am mining down, not too deep, no caverns so far. Did see one cave on my travels as I look for place to build my base. But almost got lost from running around in the darkness.

Have you thought about building on top of a mountain? Cliffs are good for walls. Plus you can have a path in and out that can be defend more easy.

II went to place a lantern in my workshop. It was dark could not see until I placed it. The lantern I thought it will be hanging by the top but got placed upside down on the ceiling. It would be ok if it was on the ground ground. Not sure if that was error. I was laughing once I realized it was hanging upside down. The base of the lantern on the block while the handle is facing down.

I made a new game/world for the update. I am trying to resize stone block but none of the controls are working. I try to hold Rshift and use + or -, same with Lshift. Page up and and page down does not work. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I was wondering how deep I need to go before hit lava/hell. Is it going to be like java version? Gap between rock to the lava or will the lava be a set depth? I am at -150. Java version if I remember was -540. Need switch over metal detector to find sulfur.

I was wondering when you be able to pull up a map. Like the java version. Currently I found that I can get lost easy. I try to use compass key but nothing happens. Using a compass does not tell me location. I would like to explore more but also do not want to get lost. I know placing blocks give numbers of location but does not help over great distances.

Suggestion....If different work benches unlock stuff or items. Maybe put for the '?' need this work bench or item to unlock. Less confusing and makes way to find items or resources in the game. Item can be list what it does. grinder, fuel, smelting, eating, and so forth.

I started a new map. After getting ore and place to set up my base. I melting iron so I can start building. Looking through the new items. On general area for resources says 7/12 with 5 ? shown. In the past light bulb and circuit boards. Do I need to find them or crafting items to unlock? Plates that I can make are iron, gold, aluminum. There is no tungsten plates.

The idea being, the temperature will not go up as the sun rise. For this effect just hugs the ground with the mountains growing through the clouds/fog.

Example in java version with holes/pits, makes it harder to see them and more likely to fall in one. Light radius reduce to less than a meter or light does a glare making it harder to see like almost blinding light. Also good for bandits or animals be hiding in the fog/cloud.

Some valleys to even winter biomes can have this effect. When I tried dense fog setting with weather, to be should be bit thicker and harder to see buildings or even paths. Desert biomes can be as sand storms. Lower temperature until 11 am then temp can go back to normal.

Have to wait until Oct or Nov to see if I get the Tule Fog then can submit a picture.