Posts by yellow51

What is Medieval Realms hosted on?

Yeah, run it on an old cheap computer that you never turn off. It doesn't take much CPU or RAM power for the server to run well and it doesn't need to have a GPU.

I built my own server computer a few years ago for ~$700 and its been a beast for hosting multiple game servers on and much cheaper in the long run than renting a remote server.

Depends. Some older hardware uses a lot more power than newer hardware. What's your server machine's specs?

[EN]:

Hi all! I've made some config files (server.properties, permissions, both Groups and Areas) to help new server owners with RW Unity and the permissions system, and configs within it.

You don't have to modify these files if you don't want to, either. You may simply use them as they are provided by me. Here's a list of what the files do:

server.properties: Is modified from the default version and is ready to go. Simply change your server name to the name you desire.

Permissions:

default.json: Default player permissions. This is a modified version of the default player group. It features a tag "(Player)" as a prefix to the playername in both Chat and the nametag above your character's head. It is geared towards PVE, however you can enable PVP if you so wish.

groups/Admin.json: Admin player permissions. This is the admin player group. It features a tag "(Admin)" in red (#FF0000) as a prefix to the playername in both Chat and the nametag above your character's head. It has most permissions, however some (such as shutdown, etc) are disabled to prevent admins accidentally executing commands they aren't supposed to, and so on.

groups/Owner.json: Owner player permissions. This is the owner player group. It features a tag "(Owner)" in red (#FF0000) as a prefix to the playername in both Chat and the nametag above your character's head. All permissions are allowed in this group, and this group should only be assigned to the server owner.

Area Permissions:

Areas/default.json: Default area permissions. This is also known as No Permissions.

Areas/AreaOwner.json: Owner area permissions. These permissions are assigned to the area owner and his/her friends, allowing them to do things on their land as they so wish. With these permissions, one can also use limited area tools (activated in GM 1) to add or remove other players to, and set the name of their area as well.

Areas/AreaBan.json: Banned area permissions. Assigning these permissions to a player on your area will lock them out of your area.

[DE]:

Hallo an alle! Ich habe einige Konfigurationsdateien (server.properties, Berechtigungen, sowohl Gruppen als auch Bereiche) erstellt, um neuen Serverbesitzern mit RW Unity und dem Berechtigungssystem und den Konfigurationen darin zu helfen.

Sie müssen diese Dateien auch nicht ändern, wenn Sie das nicht wollen. Sie können sie einfach so verwenden, wie sie von mir bereitgestellt werden. Hier ist eine Liste, was die Dateien tun:

server.properties: Wurde gegenüber der Standardversion geändert und ist sofort einsatzbereit. Ändern Sie einfach den Namen Ihres Servers in den Namen, den Sie wünschen.

Berechtigungen:

default.json: Standardberechtigungen für Spieler. Dies ist eine modifizierte Version der Standardspielergruppe. Sie enthält ein Tag "(Player)" als Präfix für den Spielernamen im Chat und das Namensschild über dem Kopf deines Charakters. Sie ist auf PVE ausgerichtet, aber du kannst PVP aktivieren, wenn du das möchtest.

groups/Admin.json: Admin-Spieler-Berechtigungen. Dies ist die Gruppe der Admin-Spieler. Sie enthält ein rotes "(Admin)" (#FF0000) als Präfix für den Spielernamen sowohl im Chat als auch im Namensschild über dem Kopf des Charakters. Sie hat die meisten Rechte, aber einige (wie Herunterfahren usw.) sind deaktiviert, um zu verhindern, dass Admins versehentlich Befehle ausführen, die sie nicht dürfen.

groups/Owner.json: Besitzer-Spieler-Berechtigungen. Dies ist die Gruppe der Besitzerspieler. Sie enthält ein rotes Tag "(Owner)" (#FF0000) als Präfix für den Spielernamen im Chat und das Namensschild über dem Kopf des Charakters. Alle Berechtigungen sind in dieser Gruppe erlaubt, und diese Gruppe sollte nur dem Serverbesitzer zugewiesen werden.

Bereich-Berechtigungen:

Areas/default.json: Standard-Berechtigungen. Dies ist auch als No Permissions bekannt.

Areas/AreaOwner.json: Bereichsberechtigungen des Besitzers. Diese Berechtigungen werden dem Gebietsbesitzer und seinen Freunden zugewiesen und erlauben ihnen, auf ihrem Land zu tun, was sie wollen. Mit diesen Rechten kann man auch eingeschränkte Gebietswerkzeuge verwenden (aktiviert in GM 1), um andere Spieler hinzuzufügen oder zu entfernen, und auch den Namen seines Gebiets festlegen.

Areas/AreaBan.json: Berechtigungen für gesperrte Gebiete. Das Zuweisen dieser Berechtigungen an einen Spieler in deinem Gebiet sperrt ihn aus deinem Gebiet aus.

[EN]: Github containing files/[DE]: Github mit Dateien: https://github.com/GopherMods/RWConfigs

i think a cross server auction house would be cool as well

This would take a lot of work, as you'd have to add in something to the code where it can communicate between servers. Though, I believe the code for communication between servers is already in some other plugin? Maybe they can shed more light on this. :thinking:

to be more performance friendly...if the coin is spawned(forged) its an item that can be swapped for another item(1 coin trade 1 apple). database would only be needed to know whats in the chest and at what prices.

This could work. Really, you'd have to play around with it and see what works best for your use-case, etc. Maybe even make it configurable, if you intend to publish the Plugin. :thumbup:

Getting the transactions to work between them, and saving data shouldn't be too much of an issue. One way this can be done, is use Databases to Save Transactions, as well as use Databases to also handle transactions. However, using a Database to handle transactions might not be so performance friendly in the long run, unless you have it programmed so once the transaction has been handled, that entry gets cleared out of the database.

I'd like to add something to this.

The RW forums are really not the place to discuss politics - granted, this is an off-topic subforum, still. You'll always have one person over here saying one thing, the other saying the other thing. That can end up in an endless fight unless someone (a Moderator) intervenes.

red51 Honestly, these posts - they won't get you (or any other developers &/or moderators as well) in very much trouble at all, so long as you don't participate in the posts... by participate, I mean post responses to the posts. A simple lock, or move, delete, etc. is almost always justified because that's just simply trying to defuse a potential, if not already on-going, situation. Now, things are different over there in Germany, vs here in the United States, but still - you won't get in as much trouble as you think. Which, with that said, I say: take your own advice, and 'only stay neutral'. You've done okay so far.

ArcticuKitsu I wouldn't say you are a moronic fool. And honestly, almost all political forums are going to be corrupt - you can't fix that. Being completely honest, I don't participate in political forums, because I personally believe that's just a waste of my time. However, I'm not going to tell you to do one thing or another - you do what you feel you need to do.

And for everyone: Just remember! - Actions (& words, etc.) have consequences; good & bad.

Greetings, rodneymillerpca!

I can do this for you. I won't require payment. However, it may take a little while (few weeks to a month), because I have IRL stuff, & lots of other projects going on as well.

As well, I would post the plugin once it is finished, and from there you can download it and add it to your server. Of course, I can open a test server so you can come view it. (It won't be published until it is ready for use by the general public, however.)

Let me know what you think of this, and maybe we can work something out.

Gopher Did you send me a group request on steam? after reading this post I left that group request that you sent me just in case it wasn't from you?

Yes Groovaholic, I did send the group request to you.

Thank you Gopher for letting me know about my account, I hope this will be solved soon, I am waiting for an answer from the steam help....

Helie, change your password, as well.

There's a hacker on the loose. One very well known Community Member's account has been compromised. Here is a chat log from the compromised account, speaking with the hacker:

[7:31 PM]

[REDACTED]:

hey

[7:31 PM]

Gopher:

Hey [REDACTED]!

[7:33 PM]

[REDACTED]:

how are you ?

[7:34 PM]

Gopher:

I'm doing well, how about you?

[7:40 PM]

[REDACTED]:

good

can u help me ?

[7:40 PM]

Gopher:

Sure whatsup?

What do you need help with?

[7:42 PM]

[REDACTED]:

can u please vote for my friend's team ?

[7:42 PM]

Gopher:

Oh?

[7:43 PM]

[REDACTED]:

[REDACTED LINK]

on the top click TEAMS

find team SAMURAI GANG there

click on vote button

[7:43 PM]

Gopher:

Ahahahahaha. LMFAO! What kind of bullshit is this?!

But in all seriousness, leave my friend alone, you stupid fuck. I know you're from [REDACTED], and using VPNs across multiple places in [REDACTED] & surrounding areas. You hacked into my account and did crap with it some months ago, I have the proof. Stop your stupid bullshit "Vote for my team" crap. Go get some mental help, this is sickening.

Hmm, too much of a coward to respond to being caught, eh?

i have area protection setup and working, someone a griefer managed to destroy a bunch of stuff. then i was gewtting some weird crm orm stuff popping up in the logs hasnt happen since i restarted the server. just not sure what to make of it. issue is at the bottom.2021-12-08-04-52-44.log

The player that did it is a known griefer & potential hacker. I recognize the IP address & SteamID64 from when I had my server going.

Hi all! I have started a server on the New Version.
    You can join it VIA IP at:

64.111.26.51:7904

I couldn't find anywhere to post this in regards to the new version, so I posted it here for now. If red51 knows where to put this, I will move it there : D

Have fun all, and we hope to see you @ Gopherland!
    (A little side note: the server is WIP, I'm actively doing stuff to it, so if you wish to help or suggest, feel free to!)

(& there's also a PVP Gopherland for those interested!, 64.111.26.51:8904)

Howdy Red! Thanks for the quick response! : D
    I've managed to change the directory, but no RW server files actually get downloaded in to them. I have copy pasted stuff from my SteamCMD, which shows the files were downloaded, but... they aren't?:

Thank you very much for your help!

Come join us on Timberfrost! Our server features the latest and greatest in Area Protection, and more! We also strive to make sure our admins are fair and do not abuse their power. Additionally, we also have a zero tolerance policy for griefers. We also welcome suggestions for plugins and much more, so feel free to leave some feedback!

IP Address: 64.111.26.27
    Port: 4255