Posts by james1bow

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

you can type /Mail Player list for a list of names in the db. i want to do something like right click on the to field to open a window with all player names and your able to select one. the issue currently being there are no scroll-able elements in the API. i also have a mail notification planned as the plugin already checks for new mail every couple of minutes. also, if im not mistaken it was coded in a way that you can leave the original message open (right side) while composing a reply (left side). i also plan on adding a way to send an item via mail as well just waiting on the API to allow it.

What exactly do you want to do?
    That the dragon always looks at you?
    I'll think about it tomorrow.

trying to get the dragon to look at a raycast position. so when command the dragons to move they look at the target while walking.

anyone have thoughts on this? ive tried multiple ways with different variables and always seem to get a rotation of 45-53 degrees. new to unit vectors so maybe im just doing something wrong!

Perfect! Having a follow and stay commend would help greatly. I wish you the best of luck on it, we even need that sort of plugin. :thumbup:

I guess my Busou Shinki shinki thing fell on deaf ears. Ah well. I guess I have to wait for assistance all that while longer until I'm allowed to do something on my end comes.

you should read up on some java and unity. once you grasp how things work its not really that hard. for the basics of java i watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk4_1vDrzzo

lol. i was on the discord talking about this exact thing. find them steal and egg hatch it and raise it. once its an adult you can ride it lol. i have flying animations already. just working out how to put everything together. they will fallow you until you are so far away from them then they will fly back to you. been tinkering with a command mode and fallow mode

You've first managed a "Blend Tree" for Random IDL, which looks pretty good. (that's next for me) :D

I'm still thinking about how best to tie the timer(s) together :crazy:

There is no trigger deletion yet, so Booleans work better for e.g. running, not running, which can also handle a double trigger.

I think in 2-3 updates there will be room for wishes again, and until then we can test/think about what we still absolutely need.

the current issue im having is keeping the dragon on the terrain. using a raycast or playerposition lets them clip into the terrain. ive been messing around with rigidbody to add physics witch does keep it on the ground but lets it fall threw the terrain at times so this will not work either. would be nice if i could get a raycast from the dragons position to detect terrain position. ive messed with racast from player to a spot when right clicking the mouse but then i cant figure out the math to make it look at the spot its traveling to. i know very little about how quaternion's work to get the right rotation.

ive been messing with some dragons to get in game but its turning out to be a real pain. ive got decent animations but it just is not working right lol. dragon video

i keep getting an error when trying to use the color picker. Unknown packet response in callback: RisingWorld.Network.Packets.General.ShowCustomMessageDialogResponse

Java
    player.showColorPicker("Wisp Color", 0, (color)->{
    player.sendTextMessage(String.valueOf(color));
    });

even tried the basic code above with the same issue!

I agree with this POV. I'm not against it, though have seen people able to do certain small things with it. Even if it's small and minor, it's still helpful in the whole grand scheme of things. And yeah, everything takes time. Everything indeed takes a lot of time.

Alright, then we shall wait for a more fleshed out API system. Keep in mind I mean well for Rising World so I hope people wont' view me in a negative light some more. Red51 keeps noting he keeps struggling in the background and I simply want to help out where I can, even covertly and in the background. The things I see people do for VRChat is something I hope they can carry over, or even assist with in Rising World.

Hope we can see Rising World pushed to its intended state.

lol i just released a wisp plugins about 30 minutes ago1

the only way a plugin will get made is if the person making it wants to make it. as for not alot of plugins atm...alot of ppl are working on things but waiting for a more fleshed out api.