Posts by ArcticuKitsu

think it's 2 hours for the whole cycle i will check it later if so
    btw SE is a nice game if you likespace and far verry far traveling and of course building

20 minutes for day & night? 10 minutes more, yet still odd. I'd actually nudge that more for an hour each to have more day, if with more night. You'd spend 1 hour in the day outside doing stuff, then do other pesky chores during the night underground or traveling in vehicles.

I have SE bought with me waiting on Jan 27 or 29th to roll in so I can purchase my new computer. Friend of friend teasing me with part that I just want to smack him so he can just send me the part.

Currently it's a total of 42 minutes, so ~20 minutes for the day, and another 20 minutes for the night. Well, in the strict sense, the day is slightly longer than the night (sunset ends around 10 PM, and sun rises at 7 AM) ^^

Ya, I would nudge the multiplayer in my world to an hour then. I guess I could try and get the feel you had for 20 min, yet 1 hour was more neat when I did such in Euro Truck Simulator 2. 10 & 20 min you would panic (still in ETS2 also) but you had more time to do things. During the day I would do outdoor things because mobs were gone while at night I would go underground, or tend to crafting & the like. I had a habit & routine going on.

Makes me wonder how I'll behave in this game with either 20 min or 1 hour.

I have to agree strongly with you strongly on all your points made.

There's always a good side to see things, as with the horrible side. Everything is indeed temporary until biomes & water settles in. A good year or two & the game shall be settle in (or so Red51 mentioned) that both singleplayer & multiplayer shall be also fun. Your experiences also echoes the kind of experiences I had to tend with in the Minecraft community with there being awesome (if boring servers; Lacking places to build) & the horrid ones (being treated like shit & being framed for other people's hostile actions) that one tends to hide in singleplayer & private servers. The experiences are going to be similar, and so far I'm hearing that they are in both a good & bad light. You're simply seeing how humanity has been raised & how much attention each person has gained in their life. If you've been on a 'jerk' server then you've seen someone whom gained lacking love while seeking some parental or loved ones' affection. It gets highly awkward :/

I also prefer building in survival multiplayer (pure survival) because once I play creative the whole "meat" & "spices" of the game is lost. It loses its flavor, its meaning, and it just becomes a watered down mess that one has to play survival. It's also been known that people who stick to only creative tend to whine lots (or so I've seen enmass) that it invalidates their opinions when they claim the game they play is "boring", when they failed to play survival; The rest of the game. Adding when you play survival multiplayer the fun even gets boosted because you're able to survive with your friend, stockpile food, stockpile resources, and just give one another a helping hand. This is where having NPC followers/comrades comes into play also. This is where having NPCs to help you out when you're still seeking out a proper server comes in.

I prefer hiding in my private server(s) I host because I get to filter who gets in & who stays out. People even threw tantrums at me when they asked to come in when they were banned on other servers for being trolls. I can happily play with my buddies while not having to worry about all the trolling & items being stolen. I can have my items laying around my settlements without them being stolen by griefers & kids lacking their parental affections. Here's to hoping that when Rising World does gain the remaining biomes & water that I can happily add in the friendly regulars from this forum into my private server without trouble. They seemed kind enough, if MIA again. Great thing about blueprints being you can hole up in singleplayer to then bring it over to your private server, or a server that finally opened up to having blueprints. It all possibly depends on it being survival built, or whatever. Best to ask why they haven't enabled blueprints yet.

Ya, just like with aging wine one must still have to wait a long while until one can play this game properly. Everything is still being updated, yet one overly tantrumy guy on Steam couldn't get that through his little trolling noggin. Constantly kept whining & moaning. Multiplayer shall still be a touchy zone until this game settles down. More so with the mods that are possibly waiting for all the updates to be added. There's so much to add that everything you build should be indeed considered temporary & experimental until this game is considered 'complete', if still possibly being updated with other requested features or dev-side thoughts.

It has great potential & more control behind it.

Currently the day-night-cycle duration can be changed, on multiplayer servers there is an option in the "server.properties" for that ("settings_time_speed", which specifies how many realtime seconds one ingame minute take, i.e. setting it to 60 will cause the day-night-cycle to take 24 realtime hours, for example). In singleplayer there is currently unfortunately no comfortable way to change that value, you can only change it via command "settimespeed", but you have to do that every time you reload the world. But this will change shortly ;)

By default, one ingame minute takes 1.75 realtime minutes, i.e. one day takes around 42 realtime minutes. Sunrise begins at 7 am, and sunset at 9:30 pm.

Many thanks! So this is why nobody wanted to tell me why because it's that basic, eh? Multiplayer servers being what I care about the most because that's where the fun is at. I'm going to be focusing mostly on the multiplayer side thanks to interaction with your friends, and such, so it shall be fun to have the day-night-cycle last at least an hour each. It looks like I won't have to change anything, or much. Thanks Red, & Xdeft!

42 minutes sounds like the best length for both a day & night range. Not too short, and not too long. I salute you for finding a nice sweet spot. :thumbsup:

(Edit: Hope I'm not misunderstanding because it be neat for a day to be 40 minutes, night also 40 min. 20 minutes for day & another 20.)

would like that too
    like in space engineers you can set cycle from 1 min up to 24 hours
    vanilla is 2 hours

Sweet! Space Engineers is also something I want to take a serious poke at.

And 2 hours until day & 2 for night, or that's just the whole day? Even if it's 1 hour each or 2 hours, that's perfect.

I'm just getting ahead of myself again while being hyped for the potential of Rising World. Just hoping to come across Star Wars, KanColle, & mecha mods if we can get the right compatibility going, more so in seriousness when the came hits a more complete state. I'm continuously analyzing the game hoping to see appropriate points I could see mods pushing their way in, modders willing.

• War Boat hard-points: Basically something along the lines of moving turrets on their joints. Think both patrol boats with the mini turrets on them up to battleship sized turrets for the modding side of things. I'm curious how these would fair when trying to add them to the multiplayer side of things. Being able to shoot, move them independently, and etc. Granted, Rising World isn't about naval combat yet modding is free game for allowing actual naval combat from whatever era (WW2 mostly) by allowing hostile naval units into the mix. Even a simple pirate ship of colonial era would go a long way in forcing people to adapt on the high seas.
    • Mecha Movement [Legs]: This one has me worried because Rising World currently isn't AT-AT (Star Wars), nor Anime mecha friendly. Thinking of how a realistically moving & acting AT-AT, AT-ST, and all those sorts would behave in a world such as this. Any oddities would quickly ruin the fun. The second part to this thought would be allowing mechas to behave somewhat realistically without spazzing out. Just worried about the whole kneeling, standing, damaged, and all sorts of such from both a 'Mechwarrior' & avatar to things like Gundam, Macross, & Aldnoah.Zero. I've been itching for a Gundam Wing open-world game for nearly two decades now that it's outright idiotic for none to have been made by now. Just simply desiring myself building a Gundam, using it to combat other mechas, and to repair & upgrade it to then continue the fun. [Space Engineers may be my best bet, as with Empyrion, yet nobody took the bait because it's all parts building that easily gets ruined when you want to add mechs into the mix.]
    • +18 Immersions: I'm not going to lie. I want to see a tasteful & classy 'nudity' mod, yet nothing grotesque as on Skyrim mod. Something more along the lines of 'Defeat', or the '0Sex' of Immersion mods with it all being 'consensual', or at least 'normal' or 'immersive in some way. Ya, it's stupid right now but there are times where nudity is 'Just normal', or it used to be in Europe when I was there back in 2003 (2008 still had topless beaches) that I'm constantly facepalming when people refuse nudity because other people have to ruin things for other people. I'm unsure how pampered & sheltered the European society is now, yet wouldn't mind seeing a casual 'nudity' mod, if Red51 wills it.
    • KanColle: Ya, I'm trying to push for a KanColle mod (Japanese warships in humanoid female form) because there's only so much you can do with card art form. Rather see them in person doing combat with the enemies they see in the actual world. This mod is basically waiting on three things 1) Skilled Japanese modders - 2) Water biomes in all forms - 3) Game being considered 'complete'. This also cycles back to the first bullet point of me desiring to nudge a skilled modder to add in some combat boats into the game for that oddly missing naval combat stuff that only European & Japanese game developers are able to do properly. Think Silent Hunter 3 & the recent 'World of Warships' for actual boat combat.

I'm worrying too much because there are also game developers not really hitting on people's desires & sweet spots. I'm wishing the modding community for this shall be strong to also fill any gaps of missing open-world naval combat, mecha sims, and just be something you can mess about with in either single or multiplayer. Even stupidly saying this prematurely in hopes that Red51 or modders would somehow 'anticipate', or "think ahead" in their coding in one manner or another.

[Thoughts may be rehashed, yet now finally in a place it belongs to sit & wither away with time.]

I should know this by now, yet do not know something as basic of the day-night cycle in this game. How long does a day & night last in this game? Same as in Minecraft, Terraria, & Starbound? Roughly 10 minutes per cycle.

I suggested on the Steam forums that we should also be able to adjust the cycle (if not yet having the option & pre-world generation for both single & multi) so you can please the people that prefer 1 hour day & night cycles, or even 24 hours, or something to that effect. 10 minutes is too short of a cycle in the Minecraft world. Basically scale it before you create a new world to then adapt to the day-night cycle you added. This also coming from a game called 'Kingdom', or so I believe that influenced me to mention this. Just wanting to help Rising World be that awesome game.

It be neat to have it being 1 hour day & 1 hour night, similar to how I had to deal with in Euro Truck Simulator 2.

--------

Edit: 43 views & nobody can answer one simple question? ||

Wow, this is an old topic that I'm glad was revived.

I would happily welcome both a grape & olive tree addition. Seeing the recent 'Wurm Unlimited' videos with olive trees taking over a nice big chunk of landmass (a forest) has me wanting to see it in Rising World also in an equally wild, yet scenic, form. Being able to observe & harvest at your desire. Same with grape wines in an alternate form because you can make soft-drink & such from them. Cheap drinks that tend to be sold in grocers (European grocers tend to be more mature about things, beer & all).

I'd actually love seeing grapes & the liquid consumables from them because it's not just wine you can get from them. Googling it is showing me soft drinks, normal grape drinks, and both cheap & rich vine drinks. Please, also give me those wooden barrels because they're awesome. Those that you lay to the side with a nozel at one end. Seen these when I was in Modra, Slovakia that prided itself for its wine production so you might as well add it.

I guess using Skyrim is a bad example, yet it does have booze. It has it, yet not much can be done with it. It seems like an after-thought so you might as well add it in its 'cheap' & 'water-down' version for its appearance. This is also coming from an Ottawa Canadian point of view with booze being more like water over here with you having to go to Europe for the actual & real thing.

(Honestly speaking, I'm only after the grapes, olives, & the liquid-storing wooden barrels in this game which you can place sideways.)

I like your idea of bone tools. This will be a great way to craft primitive tools early in the game. If the player spawns barehanded (no iron pickaxe or iron axe) , he/she can hunt wild pigs with a stone, if randomly spawning loose stones (like in ARK) are added to Rising World, collect meat and bone and hide as crafting ingredients. Hide can be used for primitive clothing until one can craft a loom to create fabric clothing. It would be nice to harvest plant fibers like in ARK or Stranded Deep. Fibers, combined with bone and stone can be used to craft a simple knives or picks or pickaxes. The bone pick, if used to mine stone, would break rather quickly.

Along with randomly spawning stones, randomly spawning fallen branches (should be available for harvesting to make sticks (like in The Forest).

I tried to show examples of native groups using fish bones to make clothing & tools, yet that went largely ignored previously so I'm still bringing it up until it gets noted in one manner or another. I agree that there should also be a mode were we start with nothing, then having to go up from there by scavenging, & etc. Having to find necessary materials & such, as in ARK & 'The Forest'. Yup, once again agreeing with you fully here.

Have you ever played The Forest? I'm a fan of the wood gathering and storing processes of that game. Chopping a tree down yields several log segments which can be hauled on your shoulder (two at a time) to your base or placed into a log sled which will carry up to 7 logs at a time. This is realistic but ofcourse Red has to find some balance between Realism and convenience. I still wouldn't mine tuning back the Minecraft feel a bit more. For example, personal inventory and chests should only hold about half as much.

Not really, though seen 'Bebopvox' play it briefly before it went into the void again. I saw it has been majorly updated with new areas, mobs, & way to survive. It's interesting. I prefer the way 'The Forest' & 'Wurm Online/Unlimited' does things, specifically with the wood & logs in this topic. How 'The Forest' does things with the logs is something I'd love to see in Rising World also so you don't end up carrying a whole forest in your pocket. Minecraft it's understandable, yet here we're nudging for more 'realism' in ways, and challenges. I'd love to see myself making log piles the Wurm Unlimited manner to then use freight trains to carry them long-distances & such; sleighs & vehicles the short distance.

If you want compromises then I'd recommend taming horses & also having sleds that turn (as in tech-up indirectly in tech-tree) into cars, trucks, and etc then on in tech-tree style. Working your way up from there. As for boats, you would have small river barges, as seen on the Danube river (my POV being around the Vienna to Bratislava area).

• A spindle for turning wool into yarn which would then be used in the loom [Shall be much welcomed to create clothing. I'm certain it's implied and on its way so we can create various kinds of clothing, and items for ships & such. Think sails & blankets also.]
    • A wheel for creating clay pots [This is a must now because of detailing. Would love to create lots of things out of clay from a clay wheel & such.]
    • A smelting furnace or oven variation made of sandstone (to make use of all the sandstone found in the desert which can't be used yet) [Just like with how I mentioned you should ride a Moose because of freedom reasons, I do agree that you need to make sandstone furnaces because of cultural differences. You need to make use of what's around you, thus the idea of using bone tools also. Simply think Middle-east & Asia region in detail.]
    • Removable trays in the smelting furnace which can be swapped. There should be a tray for smelting sand into glass and possibly extracting silicon from the sand to create solar panels for powering lights and such. Another tray could be used for making bricks out of clay [More control over how you smelt ores & what gets smelted is what I've seen an industrial mod for Minecraft try. I'd welcome it in Rising World in creating specific ores, specific items, and specific ways of creating weapons & such from hilts, blades, and to the way you can decorate glass.]
    • The appearance of the Tier II workstation should look more like a machining station (unless that's planned as a Tier III ) [No comment]
    • A wood burning stove or something similar for cooking and heating [A more traditional stove would be welcomed, especially for that European vibe. Would love to gain heat from just wood alone & to use wood as a fuel source alone.]
    • A mortar and pestle for grinding herbs (if they are ever implemented) for use in cooking or potions. It looks like goldenrod and lavender was already added with the biomes update. Additional plants, and wheat would be nice. mortar could be used to get flour from wheat. [I agree with the way you create herbs, and am sure it's implied. I'll simply say I 'vote' for this.]
    • Some kind of tool to collect rubber from trees, or possibly the ability to collect rubber from goldenrod (assuming that is goldenrod and not wheat added recently). Rubber could be used for industrial needs in the game, such as tires for cars. [I agree that there should be a specific tool to harvest rubber & sap from trees for industrial and food-grade stuff. Mention one, might as well mention the other.]

Also, some other suggestions:

• it would be nice to turn logs into lumber on the sawbench instead of just in personal crafting or on the standard workbench [I agree, and been pushing for this as to also justify lugging vehicles, such as logging carts on trains. It's silly they drop into logs when they fall. Be better solved cutting it on the ground, or using something to drag it or have it carried back. Break it on the spot for a few logs.]
    • Not all blocks can be rotated sideways. Only one of the stair variations has this option. [/vote]
    • Sandstone, rather than normal stone, found in the desert should be usable to craft sandstone blocks on the blockbench [Simple agreed here + various styles of decorations after.]
    • Cutting a tree down should yield a trunk (e.g. a long log) instead of small pieces that you have to chase down a hill. The trunk can be broken down into pieces and saplings (perhaps the tree can have inventory where you remove saplings separately) if needed but I figured the trunk could be useful for making a log cabin [Same comment as above in this secondary list. Just read what I mentioned a few points up. I strongly agree here.]
    • I noticed in the winter biome that the temperature is the same regardless of depth. If this could vary, perhaps it could determine the appearance of plants. For example, the plants in my underground garden still have the snow-frosted appearance of those on the surface. [Variations in how you survive also, and if you'll get diseases or not. Even being able to store temperature-sensitive items would also be wise here.]
    • Adding gravel in places other than close to hell. I guess this might change with static water since gravel is typically found around rivers in real life. :) [I'm sure this shall change later.]
    • if electrical wire is going to be available at some point then it would be cool to be able to craft nails in order to hang wire along corridors [This! That, and being able to hid them in blocks. You should be able to tell the wires to hide inside the blocks, or be able to craft variants in which wires can also be hidden within them & to poke out where you want them to. Check out INdustrialCraft2 for Minecraft for ideas & inspiration, if needed.]
    • There should be an old style lamp post. [Much agreed. Victorian London & Europe, among many other sorts.]
    • A light similar to the ones made of iron made on the tier 1 work bench but can sit ontop of a block rather than being hung from a ceiling. Also a wall mounted variation would be nice. [/vote]
    • An oil lamp that can be worn (similar to the mining hat idea) or placed on a surface and not go out. [/vote]
    • wooden torches if dropped should be lit, if you do not pick it up, the object will de-spawn at end of game like anything else. This would be great for spelunking when encountering a deep dark pit. [Much agreed when you're rushing to accomplish your tasks. Making me think Terraria & Starbound, yet would welcome it here also.]

Quoting with what I'm saying in the [ ] bits above.

I now forgot what I wanted to mention so I guess I shall return when I do regain my lost thought.....

-> Tools: I agree that they should have different mineral variations. We're however going to get electric tools & such, yet hoping Red51 adds in bone tools that can be found from both the 'caveman' era & the 'First nation' (natives of any region) in the world. You never know when bone stuff shall become handy, especially when colonizing enmass.

-> Weapon Customization: This would indeed be sweet. I'd love to create my own weapon designs, or even decorate it with decals, or whatever we can. Small emblems we could add onto them, or something at the least. For Red51 I think this would be tricky, yet accomplishable once the game is 'complete'. We'll indeed get a bow + small fire arms.

-> Clothing: You're not being denied because everything is still being worked on. Clothing is being worked on, as with armor. You'll be able to dye your clothing, as with eventually equiping armor & etc. The animations is holding this back so we're simply waiting on that. I do hope Red51 goes heavily into adding all sorts of clothing & fashion types because that's going to be his main selling point for the game, whether he's aware or not of it. Rising World is an open world game so it needs player customization to match. Waiting on player animations & customization options to be added in.

-> NPCs: I'm pushing for this heavily to the point I may be pissing Red51 off (sorry!). World like these tend to be vast, have that 'abandoned' vibe to it, and it can get really quiet on both singleplayer & multiplayer worlds that it feels spooky and alone. Having NPC comrades would help ease that 'spookiness' just in various ways. We'll indeed get NPC Traders so that's a nice start, yet hoping you can also gain them naturally be recruiting them from the wilderness, if on a rare encounter basis to keep things 'balanced'. Having them tend to light chores would also be a little neat balance (light mining, crafting, & farming) while having them eat as a bonus.

Being able to customize NPC Traders while being able to recruit them as 'body guards' would be a compromise I could deal with. Just as long as I can play with them in full detail shall be sweet. It however be awesome if they joined you in combat, tended to their own hunger, and maybe eventually even learn to assist you in your survival needs. This world is vast so it needs to be tended to seriously. 8o

-> Blueprints: Recipe is only a placeholder until other elements are added into the game. We'll see how he shall nudge them to be more practical in crafting. Gold is only a placeholder, as are a few other features in places. Wool & sheering is an example of this. Same with static water for the eventual flowing water.

-> Animals: Only just the beginning. We'll happily have Wolves & actual sneaky Racoons, among other lovely animals. Same with horses, camels, & other sorts of animals.

-> Building Materials: I've been wanting to suggest thatch roofing, especially when seeing it recommended a few times. It's highly helpful when putting together a quick shelter. With this being Rising World, I can see it having more uses & better appearances than in Minecraft :thumbup:

-> Crafting stations: I agree here. I'm certain we shall go this route because it makes the most sense. Would love to see us building various sorts of banners & such, among carpeting and such. Even sails for sail boats.

-> Character customization: We shall have both male & female customization, as with 'preset' options. I'm hoping it's as vast as the one I've seen in Illusion +18 games for 'Artificial Girl 3', Artificial Academy 1 & 2, & I guess even Phantasy Star Online 2 (Japanese MMO) in detailing. If not at first, could add details constantly to keep customization fresh & unique as time goes by. I'm pretty sure we shall get some basics, yet hoping we'll eventually gain both 'western' & 'Japanese' style character customization to please each audience & player groups in the community. Customization is a very big thing.

[Fixed a typo, or two.]

Yes I also think static water would be a really good compromise for now. I like the idea to habe a bunch oft bucket types, e.g. al little bucket for only 10l water, a really big one for 35l and a tanker for much more water. In my opineon, one of the most important things will also be a pump.

I strongly agree here. I suggested this earlier, yet feel it slipped off into the past somewhere that I'm over-joyed you're bringing this back. We need various sorts of water containers for both thirst & to deal with cooking & crafting other stuff that needs water. Having various things to store water would also be a lovely asset to Rising World, especially when diseases & such shall play a big part in this game (Red51 teased he wanted such).

Coconut liquid containers (milk within at first to then put in water), water bottles (plastic & glass), cups, mugs, wooden wine containers, among various other sorts. Even found out that avocado shells can contain water within if you cut it directly in half. There's various ways to hold water that Red51 shouldn't have any problems or excuses as to not tend to thirst with storage issues :P

The issue would then be with 'purifying' the water to be drinkable which should be easily fixed if you use moss for the Medieval era (or fruits & veggies), or going with a purifying stick for 'modern' era. There's even industrial-grade gadgets to purify polluted water (not sewage context, yet water in general) so that should be fun to survive in within Rising World. Found this out when people whined of 'water shortages' that's a faux scare.

Ya, we'll get those options to tick on & off. It's disappointing though that I have to be almost hostile about this because people want a watered down Rising World. They keep insulting Minecraft the other quarter or half the time when we bring up survival because they lack the patience & common sense & such. I don't want to be hostile, yet wanting to see Rising World be a great detailed game similar to Skyrim in ways. Guess I'll just leave it at that now just to be 'polite'. :huh:

We'll see........But ya, those options shall play a major role here.

Not sure how Red51 shall treat water because it'll react accordingly to physical, and maybe weather-related interactions. The whole physical side shall take ages. For now, we'll be given static water, yet be able to do small interactions with them (Swimming, boating, & such). Typing that made me imagine ducks & seagulls at the least. Kelp & seaweed for the under-side of the static water. Something small.

I'd imagine the final water be a major delayed update seeing as how we had to deal with biomes update. Needs more biomes still. :huh:

I don't want to pressure Red51 now but it be sweet to have a mini water update with kelp, seaweed, & ducks hmm. Something to "ease our nerves" type thing.

Well, there's two ways I can suggest to remedy this situation.

1) Make a pathway from your start to the 'savannah' biome. Things like roads, pillars, & human markers.
    2) On a multiplayer server you can set down teleport points through commands (something you'll have to search & Google for) to reach them with ease. I'm unsure of the command, yet am ware you can instantly teleport to any you can.

Can't tell you where your Savannah is because your world is unique to you, and each world is unique to everybody. You'll have to re-discover it to then make note of it through coordinates & trying to see if #2 works in singleplayer & such. Experiment with the tools you're given :P

You know how water reacts in Terraria & Starbound? Ya, think that for this game. Red51 is wanting water to behave to every block around it, to the point it'll flow & follow the terrain around it. Imagine how much stress it'll cause on the PC though, Minecraft's TNT style stress. Red51 is wanting to do this, yet shall have to hold off until late 2016, or early 2017. We'll see how these updates release because they've been known to delay one another.

You should, in theory, be able to drain both a lake & an ocean.

There'll be more added to the hostile animal list - (think wolves, sharks, and the like) - Along with humanoid bandits. We shall also gain dungeons to seek out danger in ruins. They'll all be contained, yet I'm strongly pushing for roaming NPCs because Rising World would be a 'lesser-game' otherwise.

I've been trying to push for roaming bandits & such, but whiny & moaning people keep pushing it back because they want to "build in peace", which is something they still can do if they could actually think & adapt. They need to use the hostile entity's weakness against them. If I can do it in various other games, including Minecraft, then you can do it in Rising World also. Just as long as these hostile enemies react to their various weaknesses then we should be able to find ways to make clever (or crude) protection zones from them. [I don't want to scare players away that want to build in peace, yet it's also ruining games to be as dull as 'Star Wars Battlefront', or that shitty 'Simcity' MMO thing in lacking features when don't push a game to its full survival potential.]

For example:
    -> Using your urine to keep hostile predators away. If we have a toilet then it should be used to collect your character's urine so you can create an 'invisible wall' against hostile animal threats. Not 100% defensive, yet something along the 60% safety mark to deter them from attacking you. [Watched an Alaska survival movie that had this.]
    -> Roaming bandits would fear you (or attack you less) when you are armed. The stronger the weapon & armor then the less likely they'll attack you, unless in high numbers.
    -> Sharks should only attack you if you're injured & bleeding.
    -> Bears should only attack you if you startle them, or if you have food on your person (as in raw & cooked meats).
    -> & etc.

------------

Ya, I really do wish Red51 makes bandits roaming, even seeking you out on those rare occassions. Not like what 'Forest' does with the NPCs there hunting you down in waves, just in a lighter 'patrol' type thing. Something like an ingame week or month type frequency. They even should be allowed to spawn in & out of chunks at will. I feel that not adding this sort of behavior to bandits (and other hostile NPCs) would make Rising World a 'lesser game'. Need to nudge it to its full potential. Don't bend to fear & laziness in gaming. Not even "hardcore", as one person told me this was when surviving.

- Fence blocks have been confirmed to be a planned item for us to obtain. Here's to hoping the updates shall allow room for them to be added into the game.
    [Fence Extra: Would love to see the European styled high-stone fence in various style & such. Even curved ones, slim ones, rough ones, smooth ones, and various other sorts from 80's to modern.]

- Fruit & nut trees are more or less implied, yet it be awesome if we could actually gain banana trees, coconut trees, walnut trees, & all those various sorts. The obvious bit being in their appropriate biomes. This could get nicely FTB (Minecraft modpack), or even Animal Crossing: New Leaf style of things.

- Melon seeds is something that Red51 should easily sneak in within the next few coming updates. Just get it out of the way. Same with pumpkins. Just get it out of the way. [Pumpkin pie also, please; One you can even place on a table, or similar.]

- Weather is confirmed, yet waiting on water & dungeons to be added. Seasons may be a tricky thing, yet should be something experimented on.

------------

I had so many nice moments that I can't treat it like crap like the other people, yet feel Minecraft was being held back quite a lot to keep it "kid friend'y", or something "safe" in Mojang's eyes. I respect Minecraft a lot, yet see Rising World being what Minecraft should have been. Need that one "last dance" from Minecraft? Check out 'Feed The Beast" & make sure to pick the 'Mindcrack' modpack, or something to do with Technology. Even make sure it has 'Traincraft' in it to get an idea of where this game is going + biomes-o-plently.

Red51 wanted to do vast language support once it got out of beta & all that. Basically when the game is in a more 'complete state' type of thing. Something to look forward to once the game matures. More so now that the troublesome biome update has been released we should hopefully be on a slightly quicker pace, or so I hope. Those bugs & glitches are a pain in the rear for Red51 & his two buddies.

What do you think of the elevator? Alternatively teleporter that did not have to run to the mine down.

PS: Great that you plan to give so much things. Game already is great.:)

I believe Red51 wanted to give us an elevator through the electricity update, also because it's a commonly requested feature. I had to use a bukkit plugin for Minecraft for me and others to go up urban structures, or to cheat our way into mining & such. Having elevators & climbing rope would be sweet also, even if it's using naturally growing vines & such. Having this would be nice polite middle-finger to Minecraft's stubbornness :P