Posts by yahgiggle

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

Did you receive more information when you have been kicked (reason etc.)? You may get kicked when the server or your connection to the server has a problem.
    Apart from that, is there maybe a file called "mp_error" in your game directory (steamversion: steam/steamapps/common/risingworld)?

no it just said you are kicked a restart of my client let me back in and have played for some hours now without this recurring

WTF after new update i now have been kicked and not aloud back in i have had the game crash and some of my tomatoes wont let me chop them

i must point out restarting the client fixed all the problems each time

also i was hoping this update would fix the poster bug can you guys please please i beg you to fix that and the chat window on the next update :-)
    )

sorry guys lol i had a p and not a P in my line so this works update did not work :(

-- All following commands are only usable when the player is an admin!

if event.player:isAdmin() or isProtector() == false then
    event.player:sendTextMessage("[#FF0000]You are not an admin");return;
    end

turns out all this done was make all users able to use the protection lucky i do all this on a test server haha so adding Protectors= to the server propertys file does not add a group even when i added the group to the groups folder in the protection script but the protection scrip did add my group to the protection DB so how the hell do i add users to that DB lol maybe the protection script should have a propertys file too with protectors=

hi guy at the moment the only way i know to let some users ones that i trust use the protection script is to make them admins so i added a group called Protector but theres a line of code im suck that no matter how i change it, it wont work im very new to lua but have some ex with php and this looks alot like it so maybe thats whats putting me wrong

anyway the code is

if event.player:isAdmin() == false then
    event.player:sendTextMessage("[#FF0000]You are not an admin");
    return;
    end

i was thinking this should work

if event.player:isAdmin() or isProtector() == false then
    return;
    end

or this code

if event.player:isAdmin() == false then
    elseif event.player:isProtector() == false then
    return;
    end

can anyone help with this or even make a script for user groups cheers :-D

this may have been talked about before but if not there is a bug in the server menu when you cant connect it pops up a message cant connect and you click OK only to have your mouse pointer disappear along with the box so your left with no mouse to click on another server and the only way to get it back is to close the game and reload it.

ok im having problems using the grid alignment tool i can never get it to do what i want no matter the grid size i use, what happens is it snaps into place one way but is off another way or if i turn off the alignment tool and line it up by eye it looks all good but as soon as i click to save the timber where i want it it jumps off alignment grrrrrrr i have real ocd when it comes to this and its driving me crazy i end up with gaps everywhere and trying to redo things like 100 times and dont get anywhere. what i think is the problem is it aliens from the center of the grid line witch works most the time but not all the time, the other thing that would help is some sort of ruler system on the preview image

i know how making a game can take a long time but using a system like the Tick Tock system can really make things move
    On the tick you could update bugs and on the tock add something new, i would think every 30 days or the first day of every month would be ample time and this will make the community excited and keep users interested.

we really do need some sort of password system for locking up the chests i think maybe when you make the chest you enter a 6 digit key thats used on all your chests and will change all locks if you make a new chest with a new key that way if you forget your key all you need to do is make another chest and add the new key to that one witch will change all chests you made to the same key

still i would like to use a max total mb size for users because you can get someone upload 10 1meg files and some upload 10 30k files that are all 512x512 in size, i think by limiting the total mb used and not the number of images they upload, users will be more creative in what images they can use to make the most from the hdd space allocated to them.

i think the size limiting is a better way of keeping the game fast instead of say limiting it to 10 images it should be something like limiting each photo to 40k upto a total of 10meg that way images will upload fast and wont tie down the server within the game, for reflection and png right now you can upload them and they are clear when you put them where you want it only it wont save them where you place them, so in part it works now also could you make the clear glass not so clear its very hard to work with and when used you cant see its there lol

@red51 when you do could you make it so we can use clear png files too because that way we cam use the posters for class or even stained glass windows now that would be epic