[SCRIPT] World Edit

I would never appropriate someone else's code without having a damn good reason to :) This is what I do for a living (code), and I highly respect the works of others, regardless how much efforts they had put into it. Besides, my additions were mostly copy / paste of the existing code as well.

i am not implying you steel or copy his work im just saying you could make a whole new world edit advanced he never added the build option you did this he has more of a landscaping script maybe you could stay away from landscaping and do a building one like /build-block id /build-halfblock-bottom id /build-halfblock-center id /build-remove-blocks /build-select-blocks just make it so you cant do any landscaping with it and it only works with constriction

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Edited once, last by yahgiggle ().

• *snip*

Full List
    *snip*

This took me some hours guys so a thank you would be nice :-)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WOW thanks Lord :-D

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • @LordFoobar, Can you please start a new topic and upload the modified script to it? I hope that I'll come back soon, but I cannot maintain it right now

Sure! In fact, I am finishing an almost complete rewrite of the script. All of your code is mostly still there, but I added multi-language support, re-organized things around, and added some in-game help. The code will be on Github. Send me your Github user name and I'll add you to the project there. I think we could even grant limited permissions to specific users (temporarily, of course) as a basic rights management.

Anyway, lots of good stuff :)

• de.locale

• updated the first post

FYI : I think I'll update the README to add all the function API documentation. Things changed since the previous versions... My decision regarding doing /we select (with a space) instead of /we-select (with a dash) was to have a common base command namespace (i.e. /we) and, while I find this just fine as the player knows that this is a World Edit command, I can understand the argument that /we fill could be /fill and /we place could be /place (or /placeblock), etc.

If someone wants to open an "issue" about it, asking ppl to voice their opinion, it's perfectly fine by me! :)

• @LordFoobar

I have been trying to use this Script but I cant seem to clear any blocks that are in a selected area... I have tried EVERYTHING! Its driving me absolutely bonkers.
    Is there a command like: "/we set air' or "/we place 0"

I just want to clear a area completely with no placed blocks, no wood blocks metal blocks, or anything. can you please help me with this? And is there anyway I can keep the selected area after it runs a command? I would like to clear a area of blocks and then try another type. Also is there an "/we undo [1,2,3...Ect] to roll back edits?

Thanks in advance.

• I have been trying to use this Script but I cant seem to clear any blocks that are in a selected area... I have tried EVERYTHING! Its driving me absolutely bonkers.
    Is there a command like: "/we set air' or "/we place 0"

I just want to clear a area completely with no placed blocks, no wood blocks metal blocks, or anything. can you please help me with this? And is there anyway I can keep the selected area after it runs a command? I would like to clear a area of blocks and then try another type. Also is there an "/we undo [1,2,3...Ect] to roll back edits?

Thanks in advance.

You can type /we help for in-game help. Other than that, I just tried and it works, you can do either

Code
    /we select
    /we clear abs

or

Code
    /we select
    /we fill air -c

NOTE: the -c (or -clean is the same) is the same as doing /we clear abs before /we fill.

Type /we help clear or /we help fill for more information.

Hope this helps!

Edit

Sometimes, the chunks will not update after executing a command. This has nothing to do with World Edit. If you don't see any error after executing a command, or any message, exit the world chunk (move away), than come back. You have to move away until the blocks disappear (seeing low details terrain is fine, as long as the blocks are no longer visible), then come back. If the command failed, nothing will have changed. Otherwise, you'll see that the command had succeeded indeed!

Regarding your /we undo, I'm afraid it is not quite possible at the moment, but we'll keep that in mind. And as for keeping the previous selection in memory (i.e. re-using a previous selection instead of selecting again and again the same area), yes, this is something that we can implement. :)

• Script updated on github! Please take a look at the updated README for updating instructions. Also, check out CHANGELOG for more information about the recent updates. The most noticeable change is the -p option, which will preserve your current selection and not discard it after filling, placing, or clearing it.

Example usage :

Code
    /we select
    /we place block 121 -p
    /we place block 122 -p
    /we clear abs -p
    /we fill grass

Note that only one /we select is issued.

Cheers!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!