AuthTicketCanceled

Trello update: The last weeks we've been improving the terrain generation and we've also put some effort into making landscapes smoother in general (to avoid bumpy terrain). Apart from that, we've also been working on new building tools. You find more information on Trello, but also expect an announcement about the recent changes soon
  • Hi just noticed my sever stopped working whilst playing. Checked the logs and I have 4 messages like this:

2019/05/31 06:22 PM: Server Validate Auth Ticket Response: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx AuthTicketCanceled

(I changed the responses to "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" from a key, not sure if its a security risk or not to post the keys so just being safe :) )

Any ideas what caused this? =O

• Hey, sorry for the late response! This error basically means that the authentication ticket of the client was cancelled by the user - i.e. the ticket became invalid before the server was able to authenticate it. This could happen if a user cancels the loading process, or if there is an issue with the Steam servers.
    However, what do you mean exactly with "the server stopped working"? Did it crash?

• However, what do you mean exactly with "the server stopped working"? Did it crash?

Hi Red hope you had a good holiday ;)

Yes the server stopped accepting connections from any client including me locally. So, it sounds to me at least that it was a issue with the Steam servers. A reboot of the server fixed the issue. It happened 2-3 times during the space of a few days, hence I thought I would mention it here. Not had a problem for a while now *touch wood* so maybe it was just glorious Steam having a few hiccups.

• Hi Red hope you had a good holiday ;)
    Yes the server stopped accepting connections from any client including me locally. So, it sounds to me at least that it was a issue with the Steam servers. A reboot of the server fixed the issue. It happened 2-3 times during the space of a few days, hence I thought I would mention it here. Not had a problem for a while now *touch wood* so maybe it was just glorious Steam having a few hiccups.

had a similar problem 2 times this weekend. On my side it is related to a mysql exception timeout occurred while another program ran a rsync backup that already had 450+ folders. The disk IO is too high while backup is running so mysql throws that lock timeout and after that my server hung up in a zombie state where even my restart plugin doesnt work and i have to kill the process. I knew this problem but forgot to check backup directory recently...

• Hey @yahwho and @Devidian, have you considered assigning cpu affinity to the backup's process? In short you can force applications to use specific cores by adding /affinity to the start parameters for your backups application. Another trick is the /abovenormal /belownormal tags so the cpu knows which is mission critical and which is background processes.

• does not matter in my case 16 cores are not very busy only the storage is! The reason is that its some sort of network-shared-storage in my case.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!