Status Update: Items, Weather and a Survey

• Hol up... So the only thing that needs to be done now (besides minor tweaks) is vegetation? This should mean we are somewhat close, right? :D

As Avanar said, vegetation is (more or less) the only major thing that's missing for the demo ;) Although we also want to get at least some objects ready for the demo (e.g. furniture, doors etc, something the player can interact with). And of course there are a few other things that require our attention (polishing, Linux and Mac version etc) :saint:

When it comes to the actual game, there is a lot more missing unfortunately. We're still spending a lot of time working on core features :thinking: The Trello board gives a rough idea of our planned features (the 2nd "Roadmap" column) and what we're currently working on.

• @red!

Now, I understand much better about the updates.:nerd:

I have never understood before the Occlusion Effect but now with the gif that you posted, I got it.:D

And the snow effect it is so beautiful! :wow:

Thank you very much for all your efforts.^^

• red51 Not sure if you have ever considered in doing a preview of the game or a Q & A on Twitch? say maybe once a month or so? Iv been following Night Drive Studios remake of System shock which I found interesting, I understand its a completely different type of game and may not be worth it?

Anyway the Grass generation that you have posted on trello looks really good.

• Just for the tech demo. But yes, I'm also excited

As Avanar said, vegetation is (more or less) the only major thing that's missing for the demo ;) Although we also want to get at least some objects ready for the demo (e.g. furniture, doors etc, something the player can interact with). And of course there are a few other things that require our attention (polishing, Linux and Mac version etc) :saint:

When it comes to the actual game, there is a lot more missing unfortunately. We're still spending a lot of time working on core features :thinking: The Trello board gives a rough idea of our planned features (the 2nd "Roadmap" column) and what we're currently working on.

Ye, I understand this is just the demo only. :) I'm just really excited to get my hands on it to see what it all looks like. I'm not expecting feature complete or anything ^^;

I noticed that terraforming is in the first roadmap column and not the second. Does this mean the demo won't have terraforming yet? It's all good, I'm just wondering.

• I noticed that terraforming is in the first roadmap column and not the second. Does this mean the demo won't have terraforming yet?

Oh, the "Roadmap" column basically just contains a rough overview of the planned features in general ;) Terraforming is actually already implemented, it's described as "Handle chunk updates" (part of the "Chunk Handling" list): https://trello.com/c/zkksa6H0/107-handle-chunk-updates

This feature will be available in the playable demo ^^

• red51

Closed the thread.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!