Rising World VR

• Ok, so I had an amazing idea for a further future for Rising World: Rising World VR! In a world, where you can physically interact with each crafting table to construct things! Also, the addition of crafting tables and crafting table parts as well, for realistic crafting! There should be multiple parts for some crafting tables such as "Layouts"(Layouts should just be holograms of the station), meaning that some crafting benches will need more than one station to craft certain items. A good Layout example, would be, "The Forge", which will be for metal working! For the Forging Station, you'll need an Anvil and a Furnace.

In the beginning, there shouldn't be a primitive axe in the player's inventory. The player should gather things to make a, "Primitive Bench" to construct primitive tools, and other crafting benches. For example, the player should gather grass for plant fiber and stones, that are picked up from the ground, as well as sticks from below trees. The player will then take these ingredients and physically put them together by using the Primitive Bench. There will be a User Interface for the player to select which tool they would like to make, as well as other ingredients to make those tools, such as string or rope to bind ingredients together. Say for instance, the Primitive Axe is selected, as well as the side ingredient, which would be rope(or could be called "Bind"). The player will place the stick down, the bind(or rope), and then the stone. An animation of the characters hands will show the player combining all the items together, crafting a Primitive Axe.

There should be some other additional primitive crafting tables, such as the "Primitive Sawbench", and the

"Primitive Stonemason". To craft the Primitive Stonemason, the player will need to gather stone with the Primitive Axe for the, "Sharpening-Stone Wheel" that is apart of the Primitive Stonemason. You may ask, why not use stones from the ground? Well, that would make things too easy! There should be multiple types of stone: "Ground Stone" and "Stone".

The player will take stone, and grind it with the Primitive Stonemason to make a Stone Table Saw(or could be called, Primitive Table Saw). The player will then take the wood, bind and stone saw(or Primitive Table saw) to the Primitive Workbench and craft the Sawbench.

To make lumber with the Sawbench, the player will need to craft the Sawbench itself, the "Raw Lumber chassis"(which holds the Raw Lumber after its cut). Also the, "Sander Table"(will be used to smooth the Raw Lumber into Lumber). The player will slide vertical logs through the saw. the saw will cut the logs, creating "Raw Lumber". The Raw Lumber will then slide into a, "Lumber Chassis". The player will then pick up the Raw Lumber and carry it to the, Sander Table. From there, the player will sand the Raw Lumber into Lumber. The animation for carrying will look like the player is carrying the lumber on his or her shoulder, with the arm wrapped around 3 stacks of Logs, Raw Lumber and Lumber(no matter how many are in your inventory).

The first step(s) for smelting, will require the player to craft the "Primitive Furnace"(no layout required) to smelt ores down into ingots to craft the Anvil. Also the "Forge Furnace"(used in the Forging Station). To craft iron tools, the player will need to smelt iron in the Forge Furnace, then use the anvil(crafted in the Primitive Workbench) to shape the iron ingots into tool heads. For the player using the Anvil, the player will take out the ingots from the Forge Furnace using tongs to place on the anvil. The animation should be of the player banging the ingots with a Forge Hammer into, say an Iron Axe Head.

I hope you liked my idea, and I really hope that Rising World will one day turn into this amazing VR game!

• I do love your idea and I'll +1 it.

Your immersion is the way I hope Rising World shall go; How Red51 shall make Rising World behave. I'm obviously expecting VR to be clunky and broken at first, though as Red51 becomes more comfortable with VR (with his buddies) things shall continue to evolve while improving further and further.

--------------

Reaching for resources should be a thing (yes), though keep in mind you need a bit of 'telepathy' where you can aim a 'laser' to grip for objects because not everybody can stand. You know, health problems, fatigue, and etc, though the game still hits the right spot. You need to be able to climb trees by gripping them, as with appropriate terrain and materials, similar to 'Conan Exiles', and even 'Craftopia', though in VR.

What you describe is something Red51 could look into with VRChat, CyubeVR, Survival Simulator, and etc. If Red51 needs help with VR I'm free to help him to show how I view VR while having seen the true potential of it in various games. I'm however genuinely hoping whenever he needs assistance isn't the time I'm either homeless nor MIA. I genuinely want to help Rising World here, especially in VR, modding, & etc.

Where VR shines the best is when you're able to interact with everything, especially the small things. As noted many times before.....

1) Petting horses by actually touching them (hand gestures)
    2) Gesturing to cut trees; Mining; Swinging sword in combat & blocking with shield. (Pulling back on a bow to make it fire)

3) Fishing gestures

4) Placing planks & beams a certain way.

5) Sliding Logs through a saw (as noted by Ash Lee)

6) Gesturing a drink to be drunk, as with refilling into a cup (can be shown in VRChat). Eating with food placed near the mouth.

7) AI could also be experimented to react to certain gestures for command or greetings purposes. Could wave a 'hello' to greet them, or surrender, & etc.

Everything simply changes in VR. Everything needs to be pushed into a VR manner.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!