NPC Villages

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • I would love to see NPC villages in the new version! The challenge For the devs would be adding the NPCs, I’m sure, but I’m sure they will manage! Trading with Villager NPCs(I know what your thinking...:Minecraft. But wait, there’s more!)

Perhaps Adding quests for the player to gather, craft and sell or trade supplies for the Villagers. This would be useful if Red51 added: (1.) More crops, (2.) More Farm animals, bakery and dairy products, (3.) Currency(I’m thinking maybe the villagers will be the players source of currency in the beginning)The list goes on, but you get what I mean.

Also, I can see that the mining system could use a new, realistic system in the future. I’m thinking that when mining ores, you get crushed ore that needs to be sifted, and then smelted. Also adding a “Forge” for smelling, and leave the furnace for cooking and baking.

Another thing that could make the game more realistic is adding “tool heads” in the anvil. For example, a “Pickaxe Head” will be needed to crafted in the Anvil first, in order to make a pickaxe.

If you wanna go grind-happy, there is always more of a crafting system that would be Hardcore Crafting. For example, the system will add more steps to crafting and perhaps higher ingredient quantity demands. For example, with hard core crafting enabled, if you want to craft, say, 4 lumber, you’ll need 8 logs. I believe that players who like more of a grindy-challenge Would appreciate this feature being added! Therefore, it would be a separate game mode altogether.

• I wouldn't mind going the more nitty-gritty with tool heads and such. People wanted durability, this is a good way of going about it. You should also have the option of repairing your tools

-----------

About your NPC villages, I +1. I don't want to be annoying, though do agree.

https://millenaire.org/

Rising World 100% needs to allow itself to be immersive allowing things to play around you while you play in the world, thus villages and settlements. Being able to interact with villages would be a bonus giving new life to the game. Even bandits should be neutral towards you when you stumble across them allowing you trade for exclusive things. Same with pirates.

There was this nice charm of NPCs helping you out and vice-versa. That impact of being helped while helping them in return, allowing you to get various foods, stone, and such. When you supply them of your surplus you also see them build things for you. They aid you, and etc.

Rising World genuinely needs this, especially for the people I've encountered whining and moaning constantly about the game being "too free". People wanted to be disturbingly guided so these settlements could guide them in a semi-linear manner. They'll have a goal to aim for.

-----------

Side-Note: I'm still gonna pester Red51 for a main NPC companion to join you on adventures. Not just an animal pet, but an actual humanoid you could potentially rescue to be your main NPC helper (view Dragon's Dogma or Skyrim) to allow things to proceed more smoothly in an near endless world. You genuinely need a helping hand in games like these, especially companions, more so of the helping kind.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!