my issues, questions and bug reports :) (woip)

• sorry. i posted in english originally because more people here on the forum can benefit from reading reports and your answer.

first of all - ill try occlusion tomorrow and let you know

i didnt just sent a part of the picture. i have used snipping tool to take th at picture. but its showing accurately how its looking on my screen. as offered i can show you via screen share too.

Edit: Its Ambient Occlusion. I had it turned on to 8. When turning down the strange effect got less and by turning it off it was gone completely. What does this Ambient Occlusion do actually?

• red51 there's another bug that i encountered.

When i have a block selected on my tool bar and drop another one on that slot, so the current one gets automatically moved into the inventory, sometimes the old block remains selected for building.

To use the new one i have to switch to another slot and back

• Edit: Its Ambient Occlusion. I had it turned on to 8. When turning down the strange effect got less and by turning it off it was gone completely. What does this Ambient Occlusion do actually?

Ambient occlusion adds smalls shadows to corners, creases and occluded surfaces. Here is a screenshot which shows the difference:

Did you disable motion blur? In this case, please try to enable motion blur again (just disable "Camera Motion", this removes all motion blur from camera movement). Do you still see the artifacts?

When i have a block selected on my tool bar and drop another one on that slot, so the current one gets automatically moved into the inventory, sometimes the old block remains selected for building.

Hmm... unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce this issue :wat: Does it only happen under certain circumstances?

• I was able to reproduce the issue quite easily.

1. i was placing a block (inventory slot Nr. 5)

2. then while this inventory slot was active i went with TAB into the inventory and drag+drop another blocktype onto slot Nr. 5

3. the original block is still selected as active, while in slot Nr. 5 there is already shown the new block

• I was able to reproduce the issue quite easily.

Hmm... unfortunately I was still unable to reproduce this issue :saint: So I guess it only happens under certain circumstances. Maybe you could send a report right after encountering this issue? To do that, open the console and type "report" as soon as you run into this issue.

1. between chunk borders quite often a gap shows up through which you can look through the seams of the world

This is a bug which happens mostly when editing chunks which are at the border of the detail distance (i.e. the transition between detail distance and LOD view distance). It's on our to-do list ;)

2. light from the outside is still effecting caves inside quite much

We still need to implement proper illumination for underground caves, however, in this particular case you can "fix" this issue by increasing the shadow view distance. It can be found in the graphics settings. Currently it's capped to 200 (although can be bypassed by editing the config file), but if this isn't sufficient, we could increase the max value.

• Hmm.. it seems the shadow distance setting is overridden by the overall shadow quality setting... so changing this value will not have an effect unfortunately =O Sorry about the misleading information, we will fix that with the next update (which will be available very soon) :)

• red51 - report sent. I missed to add some additional information though.

I noticed that the issue only comes up when i move a block of the same shape as is already in the active slot of the toolbar.

Example:

I have a regular square block or material 400 in my hotbar and select it as active. Then i use TAB to open the inventory and use the mouse to move a regular square block of material 200 into the active slot. The result is as described above - the block 200 gets properly placed into the active slot but on the upper right corner and in my hand its still showing block 400.

When i do the same thing with i.e. column 200 the block in my hand and in the upper right corner get properly updated

• I just sent a report for a bug i might have encountered. Its a significant deviation when drawing a line instead of placing blocks one by one.

Screenshot: https://steamuserimages-a.akam…4D475E9D82DFD517DBEA007F/

What happened:

1. i used the magnet tool to attach a single block to a already existing wall.

2. i placed in total 20 blocks in a straight 90 degree angle on this exisiting wall

3. then i placed 20 blocks in a 45 degree from the 20 blocks i placed before

4. i then tried to make this 45 degree blockline more broad by adding another row of blocks. for that i docked the block in my hand on the last placed block and tried to draw a line to the other end.

5. what happened you can see on my screenshot. the angle of the drawn line seems to be deviating from the original blocks, even though i didn´t change any angle.

that same happened several times, even once on a straight line - without any different angle.

i am also not too far off the starting point. i am currently building under the mountain on the unity version, just around the level where the daylight vanishes and darkness begins

what i wanted to add is that if i place the blocks one by one, instead of drawing a line, it works fine. no deviation

• red51 - report sent. I missed to add some additional information though.

Thanks for the report! Actually it helped me to reproduce the issue, I will check out why this is happening ;)

Also thanks for your latest report about the missing blocks, this is definitely a bug, I will try to fix it for the next update!

I just sent a report for a bug i might have encountered. Its a significant deviation when drawing a line instead of placing blocks one by one.

Hmm... this is a bit more complicated :thinking: If you place the blocks one by one, where to you snap them to? To the block you've just placed before?

• There's a diagonal line which i placed one by one.

And the 2nd line is the problematic one. I align each block with the first line and its fine.

I align with the first block of the first line, then draw to the other end and the result has a huge deviation

• What i noticed with the new update:

sometimes (i couldn´t reproduce it yet) when changing the blockshape the icon in the taskbar doesn´t get updated (upper right corner and the block itself are alright, just the icon on the taskbar doesn´t)

• red51

Aside the bug reported on wednesday i found another one. When turning on the light with "L" the reflection on the marble remains even after the light is turned off again

Update:

1. aside a fire place on the left there is no other light source

2. this white reflection was also seen in the next room where i have also just some lanterns and bon fires as light source.

3. after i was afk for maybe 10 min and came back to my pc the white reflection was gone and i couldn´t reproduce it anymore.

My conclusion is.... did you really implement ghost NPC?? because in that case ill open a fire station and start singing "I´m afraid of no ghosts" :love::drooling::D

• sometimes (i couldn´t reproduce it yet) when changing the blockshape the icon in the taskbar doesn´t get updated (upper right corner and the block itself are alright, just the icon on the taskbar doesn´t)

We will look into this issue :thinking:

Aside the bug reported on wednesday i found another one. When turning on the light with "L" the reflection on the marble remains even after the light is turned off again

Oh, actually this is the reflection of the moon light :saint: Currently the moon light does not cast shadows (due to technical limitations), so the new specular highlights that were added with the latest update will also be visible in underground areas. We'll find a solution for that ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!