Plank separation space +/- keys

• Hi Red51 not sure if I just haven't found this yet but in the java version when placing a row of planks all at once we had the ability to increase/decrease the space between each plank with the +/- keys before we place it down so far I haven't been able to do this? it's either 1 at a time (with a small space between each one) or a solid floor, have I just missed this, or maybe it isn't in the game yet?

Thank you

• This should still work in the new version. Just make sure the grid is active, then press + and - to resize the grid. Make sure the key bindings are correct, in the controls settings it's "Plus" and "Minus" in the "Building" section. Also make sure to not hold Shift while pressing + and -, since that resizes the block proportionally (that's a new version) and suppresses changes to the grid size

Edited once, last by red51: My response makes no sense ^^ ().

• Ohh, sorry, my bad :silenced: Yeah indeed, we did not implement the "gap" feature in the new version (I wasn't sure if this feature was actually useful in the Java version). However, if you think that feature would be a useful addition, we could implement it :)

• Hi Red51 not sure if I just haven't found this yet but in the java version when placing a row of planks all at once we had the ability to increase/decrease the space between each plank with the +/- keys before we place it down so far I haven't been able to do this? it's either 1 at a time (with a small space between each one) or a solid floor, have I just missed this, or maybe it isn't in the game yet?

I asked the same. Very useful for fences and what ever. ^^

• As Avanar & Deirdre said it can be useful when building a pier/fence to drag a line of construction elements (less time consuming) all at once and with +/- to make a space between each one before placing them in the world instead of one at a time.

And just a quick note I love the save/load element in the radial menu a great feature

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!