Greetings and a Couple Of questions

• Hi Folks,
    I have been watching Rising world videos on you tube and am Considering Purchasing the game. My Questions are as follows.

1. Is it better to purchase it Directly or use steam ?

2. I realize the game is in early Alpha, However there are some of us that would rather not mess with aggressive monsters, Will there be a way to play the game in a mode in the future where you wont "Have to fight " Just to enjoy the world. I realize now there are no mossters.

3. 3rd person view. Will there be a third person view in the game instead of you just seeing a tool ?

Thank you . I look foreward to seeing how all of this turns out :)

• 2 - We have been told by the developers that anything in the way of monsters will be optional, so they can be turned off in the setting if you want a more realistic game.

• 1) Your call. I'd suggest Steam only or simplicity while F12ing and all that.
    2) There has been mention that you can toggle them off multiple times that I can say this with certainty that you can play in "peaceful" mode. You can chose to play with monsters or just with the 'farm animals'.
    3) Maybe when the player customization is added?

I'm still waiting for the survival aspect to be fully inserted. Waiting on food, health bars, and hostile monsters before grabbing it. And a computer that can actually run it.....

• 1. I have the standalone and had no problems yet. It has auto updating and the download speed is *okay* (seems that their servers are located in germany). I think its your decision, if you like and prefer Steam, get the Steam version, otherwise buy it from their homepage :D
    3. I remember a dev saying 3rd person view will be added, but not before they have the new player model

"I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, I'd have all my money back" :P

• HI and thanks for the replies.
    I will probably pick the game up in the next few days and I will probably go with the steam version. I have an AMD Radeon Hd 6450 Graphics Card with a gig of memory and a dell pc (I7) with 6gb of ram so hopefully it will run. Amd 's driver updates have been horrible lately. I guess the only way I will find out if it runs is to buy it .

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!