What kind of plugins are people after?

• Hi everyone,

I found this gaming community back in 2017 and haven't looked back. Huge thanks to red51 for not just creating Rising World, but sticking with it!! Can't emphasise this enough - c' mon, complete rewrite!? How many people would have just given up?

You are a bunch of excellent human beings :D and I'm proud to say I am part of this community! :D

Some of you will know I run a multiplayer server - Medieval Realms, some of you may know I also run a public free-for-all Wiki - wiki.rising-world.co.uk. Seriously anyone can contribute so long as it is Rising World related - you can even write stuff on it bout your own servers!

That said, Red51's hard work and the creation of the API was/is the single reason I got back into programming after a pretty lengthy break.

What I would like to do now is help create open source plugins (whilst still writing my closed-source MR). Firstly, to help out players, and secondly, to help out those who wish to learn how to program. My way of giving back to the community that has helped me learn.

So my question is basically this; what king of plugins are people after?

I'm already going to create a time shift plugin, this will enable people to run servers with long days and short nights.

But what else would you like?

• a talent system would also be nice. So not only do you have an economy, but people could specialize in the things they like to do. (Miner, logger, hunter , etc.) . So as you advanced in the levels you would produce/harvest more of the item, with less food consumption. I have been playing a lot of eco lately patiently (or maybe not so patiently) waiting for RW to return. Eco has a relatively simple but effective way for people to specialize.

would be nice if you had admin setting that gave admins max settings.

• ive always wanted to learn to program. only thing ive gotten to realy mess with is some html a few batch files and some basic visual basic (6.0 so its been awhile). As for plugins, a well rounded economy and a good item loader. the example plugin for java is nice for weapons. i think a good item loader would consist of an easy way for a server owner to add food drinks melee and ranged weapons. maybe something along the lines of being able to use the custom items as part of a recipe for other items(customitem1+customitem2=customitem3).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!